Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fight Off Your Demons (Brand New)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    It’s over. Jesse has been meeting with, manipulating and grooming underaged girls for well over a decade. I am horrified, heartbroken and absolutely gutted. This band has shaped who I am today more than any band ever could.

https://www.avclub.com/brand-news-je...sco-1820378067

I’m so gutted. Beyond upset. I’m so mad.

Brand New meant so much to so many people. Jesse has hurt and destroyed so many people due to his fucking irresponsible, selfish actions. People have his words tattooed on their bodies for the rest of their lives.

Fuck Jesse for destroying the lives of the people he hurt. Fuck him for ruining this band and fuck him for tarnishing such an important part of my adolescence and young adulthood forever.

They were supposed to be special
    There's a good discussion in the Random Celebrity Headlines thread about how to cope with this shit. Because as Brand New being one of my favorite bands of all time, I don't know how to fully react to these allegations music wise. I can react against Jesse Lacey all I want, at how he has completely ruined the pedestal that I had put him on, but we're all in there kind of talking our way through whether we should feel guilty for still want to engage in the music or not. Is it the actions of the person that is garbage, or is the music itself garbage now, etc. Personally, I feel like I can't let his shitty actions ruin how much that band's music has meant to me over the years. So just simply discussing how to cope with a blow like this might help you out a bit dude. Jesse Lacey having these types of allegations against him are on the same level as like finding out Trent did super bad shit too. So, I absolutely get how gutted you feel right now.
    Last edited by richardp; 11-13-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Oh fuck me this is getting really bad

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ton View Post
    Yeah, it can't get any worse tbh
    Well, he could have went full blown Ian Watkins or Subway Jared I guess

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    True, but what all this has slowly made me realize is that even if it's "not as bad" as some other cases of this nature, it's definitely something that undeniably sort of stains one's feelings about their artistic material. Ian Watkins was tough for me, because Lostprophets was probably one of the biggest bands from my teenage years. I can only imagine how this whole situation has to feel, and while I was never a Brand New fan (honestly, the few songs I heard didn't get me, but that's not to say I'm against anyone being into them or anything), I can sympathize with what's going on for Brand New fans. Shit's crazy, and hopefully yourself and fans of the band can find some way to deal with all this.

Two of the girls I work with have WORSHIPPED this band the entire time I've known them, and while they haven't said anything about it, it's pretty obvious that it's been on their minds the last couple of days.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    True, but what all this has slowly made me realize is that even if it's "not as bad" as some other cases of this nature, it's definitely something that undeniably sort of stains one's feelings about their artistic material. Ian Watkins was tough for me, because Lostprophets was probably one of the biggest bands from my teenage years. I can only imagine how this whole situation has to feel, and while I was never a Brand New fan (honestly, the few songs I heard didn't get me, but that's not to say I'm against anyone being into them or anything), I can sympathize with what's going on for Brand New fans. Shit's crazy, and hopefully yourself and fans of the band can find some way to deal with all this.

Two of the girls I work with have WORSHIPPED this band the entire time I've known them, and while they haven't said anything about it, it's pretty obvious that it's been on their minds the last couple of days.
    The first album I ever bought was Nevermind on cassette when I was a kid. And ever since then, Kurt Cobain has been one of my absolute top musical idols. Once Brand New started pumping out their big sequel of albums that they just wrapped up, I genuinely began viewing Jesse Lacey kind of in the same light as Kurt, in terms of how deeply I resonated with his lyrics, and overall sound and energy that he put into the music. So Jesse Lacey was put up on a pretty high pedestal. I think, for me personally, watching all of this going down has been the most confusing and emotionally draining experience watching one of my idols fall from grace. And I'm a huge Kanye fan and have sat by that massive plunge for years now. But jesus fuck, this one hurts.

I know his actions are indefensible, but again, at least he recognized his problem years ago before he was every actually caught and already started implementing the steps to figure out what drove him to the behavior, and how to better himself as a person from it. Like, he took the initiative himself to figure out the roots of that issue there, without doing it just because the internet found out his secret, you know? But fuck man, what do I know. I'm still so fucking confused and torn about this situation. It's literally all I've talked about since the accusations have come out. My mind is just swimming in it. But so many people I know are being so reactive to the situation, that I don't feel as comfortable talking to as many people about it as I should, just simply out of fear that without having a discussion, I'll just get labeled as a sympathizer for not simply saying "Fuck Brand New I'm never listening to them again".

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    You're right, what I said was wrong.