Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Things That Piss You Off - more bitching about your mom

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^I think there's a good chance that, when you go back, it won't be nearly as bad as you're anticipating. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just know that there are so many things that seem so much worse until you're actually there, then you realize that you were worried for nothing. Yeah, nothing you haven't heard before/didn't know, I know, but sometimes it's reassuring to be reminded of it.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    My damn ears are ringing again, out of nowhere. I really fear that I have tinnitus.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    My damn ears are ringing again, out of nowhere. I really fear that I have tinnitus.
    My ears ring constantly =[

Although sometimes, i hear it at a different pitch which makes me believe that's when i'm just hearing frequency "pollution", when I'm somewhere at school that has a lot of computers, printers, scanners, hds, projectors, and other electronics, on at all times. Heh, that just reminded me of some article about the poor stressed out birds that can hear the really high frequency of all our electronics all the time. (Then add some LED street lamps into the mix, and I get a damn bird sitting by my window who will be awake at all hours of the night, stressing ME out.)
    Last edited by halloween; 04-16-2012 at 07:08 AM. Reason: anecdote bote.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    More pet peeve than piss off: Threads that start with "I can't believe there's no thread for..."

Just shut up and start it already. No one wants to hear their mother's voice when reading forum threads.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    More pet peeve than piss off: Threads that start with "I can't believe there's no thread for..."

Just shut up and start it already. No one wants to hear their mother's voice when reading forum threads.
    I can't believe you made this post.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Just be thankful I didn't start a thread with "I can't believe there's no thread for pet peeves"...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

(Also, say hi to 5 years ago with that video!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that turd who came up with "ai se eu te pego". it's now one of my mom's favorite songs and plays over and over every single day, like there's a time loop somewhere.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    My left ball is extremely tender, and I don't know why (sometimes they get inadvertently bruised). Stupid balls.
    It's not going away, and it's been eight days now. Starting to worry.

*paging Doctor Sublimaze*

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Could it be a hernia? Or is distinctly nut-pain.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I had, um...pain in that region about six months ago, and it lasted for a couple of weeks. It really started to worry me. Then one day it just went away.

Not saying it's not something to be concerned about or that you shouldn't get it checked out, but it could just be that you hurt it and it's just taking its sweet time healing. That's my completely unprofessional opinion based on almost nothing, though.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Well maybe I should just wait a bit more. I don't think it's a hernia. It's pretty distinctly nut-pain, but one is larger than the other and now I can't remember if they've always been like that or not.

Stupid balls.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Hey hey, let's not get teste.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Stupid balls.
    That's how I feel!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    First year I'm paying in​ taxes. I guess I'm finally an adult.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It's not going away, and it's been eight days now. Starting to worry.

*paging Doctor Sublimaze*
    Get it looked at. If you really want piece of mind, push for a sonogram if your coverage allows. I don't want to be an alarmist, but I had similar concerns and my doctor found nothing wrong and the pain eventually went away. ~6 months later I was diagnosed with testicular cancer after a large mass had formed in my abdomen. A sonogram detected a small mass in my right testicle that never would have been found with a physical exam. Hopefully, it's nothing though.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i can't believe it's not butter!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    Get it looked at. If you really want piece of mind, push for a sonogram if your coverage allows. I don't want to be an alarmist, but I had similar concerns and my doctor found nothing wrong and the pain eventually went away. ~6 months later I was diagnosed with testicular cancer after a large mass had formed in my abdomen. A sonogram detected a small mass in my right testicle that never would have been found with a physical exam. Hopefully, it's nothing though.
    Pfft! Coverage? I'm an American, we don't have coverage. ..I wonder if any of the free clinics in the area do sonograms.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zihark View Post
    that turd who came up with "ai se eu te pego". it's now one of my mom's favorite songs and plays over and over every single day, like there's a time loop somewhere.
    What the fuck did I just listen to?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    Yikes! That's good advice. Makes me a bit worried myself, because my pain was pretty bad, and it lasted quite awhile. I mean, a day or two? Ok, maybe it's nothing. But a week and a half or two weeks (or somewhere in that neighborhood)? That made me nervous, but since it's been awhile I had stopped worrying about it. Might be something to mention to my doctor, at the very least (when I actually have insurance again...which probably won't be for awhile. Yikes).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Yikes! That's good advice. Makes me a bit worried myself, because my pain was pretty bad, and it lasted quite awhile. I mean, a day or two? Ok, maybe it's nothing. But a week and a half or two weeks (or somewhere in that neighborhood)? That made me nervous, but since it's been awhile I had stopped worrying about it. Might be something to mention to my doctor, at the very least (when I actually have insurance again...which probably won't be for awhile. Yikes).

Im with magtig no insurance, but it looks like i may have to back to the doctor for something similar. Maybe i should turn this into how big of a hospital bill can a guy wrap up, contest of sorts.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My depression is making feel the craving to drink excessively. Thankfully, I don't have anything to drink at least.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Oh, dear God. Pat Robertson, just shut up already. Seriously. You're wrong on every level, and you suck as a human being and you just need to shut up.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankieteardrop View Post
    i can't believe it's not butter!

I can't believe ETS is far less egotistical and far more enjoyable to post at since the downtime and change to vBulletin. It's like the change made everyone more interesting and grown-up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCalx View Post
    To lipsynch friendship for the sake of social niceties does everyone involved a disservice.
    Well said. I agree.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I can't believe ETS is far less egotistical and far more enjoyable to post at since the downtime and change to vBulletin. It's like the change made everyone more interesting and grown-up.
    I would suspect some of the hangerons from before gave up and moved elsewhere.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I replaced my phone a month ago (T-Mobile HTC G2) because I threw the first one on the ground. Well I got my second on in and it was working for about a week, now it shows that I have no signal and I'm on airplane mode. I try getting it out of airplane mode but when I press it, the option just grays out and I can't press it again. When it finally decides to actually get out of airplane mode, it says that I don't have a sim card in. I tried turning the phone off pulling out the battery and everything and nothing works. Right when I turn on the phone it shows that I'm in airplane mode (but the airplane icon isn't in the top corner, it just shows that I have no signal but the AM option is selected) and I can't get out of it.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to replace this phone already and I'm not sure if I'm going to have to pay another $250 again for the replacement even though I didn't do anything to it. It just started acting up out of no where.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zihark View Post
    NOOO...NOOOOO!!! I was in brasil and i heard this song and i just wanted to curl up and cry.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It pisses me off that farm animals have better eating manners than everyone I work with.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    My fucking cats will NOT quit pissing on my bed. No matter how many times I spray it down with pet odor neutralizer and shit like that, I still end up having to basically wash my comforter and sheets every fucking die. Then the little fuckers crawl in my lap and start looking cute as fuck so I can't be mad at them anymore. It's infuriating.