Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    There is still plenty of time for them to announce a fall 2018 tour. They went out their way to say the only "summer" date and not 2018 NA date. I think it means something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    so what would make it a special night at a famed venue like Royal Albert Hall? i dunno... something like The Fragile played in full?
    yeah that would be very special

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    so what would make it a special night at a famed venue like Royal Albert Hall? i dunno... something like The Fragile played in full?
    Live premiere of "Everything".

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Somebody in the facebook comments of the "Vegas show is on sale now" post wrote that according to the manager of the The Joint, there will be a 3rd show announced...
    Take it for what you will I guess.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    There is still plenty of time for them to announce a fall 2018 tour. They went out their way to say the only "summer" date and not 2018 NA date. I think it means something.
    They didn't go out of their way. They used the word "summer" instead of the word "year." That could either mean "NIN's 2018 live shows are in the summer; these are the only North American dates," or "we specifically chose the word summer because more shows are expected in the fall/winter."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post

I don't know about that but I would love at least one of the London shows to just be TR doing a Still type performance. Maybe at Meltdown since it's at a smaller more intimate venue and a special event.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Since so many of us seem to be going to the Vegas dates, do we want to get a meetup together? I know a lot of people tried to do one last year in NYC and it kind of fell apart since it was a fest and everyone wanted to get their spots secured.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Apparently some promoter is 'teasing' that NIN will come to Bangkok. If it happens, hurrah for our fellow fans in Thailand! :-)

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/e...ok-down-in-it/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^Nice find. I assume that'll be close timewise to the Japan shows. Hopefully that'll lead to more Australasian shows as well.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Apparently some promoter is 'teasing' that NIN will come to Bangkok. If it happens, hurrah for our fellow fans in Thailand! :-)

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/e...ok-down-in-it/
    jesus, I would sacrifice an appendage for some NIN and boat noodles.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    I would sacrifice an appendage .
    Well, it is in Bangkok so you may be in luck if you just travel there.

Heh.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Ugh. That's such a dagger considering we leave for a big vacation to Thailand this weekend. We'll be in Bangkok starting Sunday.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Ugh. That's such a dagger considering we leave for a big vacation to Thailand this weekend. We'll be in Bangkok starting Sunday.
    If you see any subway posters for this Bangkok show...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm beginning to lose hope that NIN will announce more US dates this year. I can't go to Vegas and I'm starting to doubt there will be many more shows this year than what's already announced. TR did say they wanted to smaller tours and tour more often, rather than do huge year-long tours like they used to. Also, Minnesota tends to get skipped on the smaller tours (like Wave Goodbye, 2007 tour, & NIN/JA) and that makes me a sad panda. Hopefully my fears are unfounded and soon to be proven wrong...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'm beginning to lose hope that NIN will announce more US dates this year. I can't go to Vegas and I'm starting to doubt there will be many more shows this year than what's already announced. TR did say they wanted to smaller tours and tour more often, rather than do huge year-long tours like they used to. Also, Minnesota tends to get skipped on the smaller tours (like Wave Goodbye, 2007 tour, & NIN/JA) and that makes me a sad panda. Hopefully my fears are unfounded and soon to be proven wrong...
    The entire US (not counting Hawaii) got skipped in 2007. :P

And could be worse. You could live in Milwaukee where no one good wants to play because Chicago is too close. And Chicago has gotten screwed due to festival radius clauses too often for NIN.

First world problemos.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I wouldn’t lose hope yet. Historically, nin have announced fall tours in June. The with teeth fall tour and Tension were announced in June. I wouldn’t be surprised if dates were announced on the same date the EP is released. As you noted, if it happens, it will be a short tour. If they do end up touring every year, hopefully areas that would be missed this fall will be toured next year.
    Last edited by somewhat_; 04-06-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    The entire US (not counting Hawaii) got skipped in 2007. :P

And could be worse. You could live in Milwaukee where no one good wants to play because Chicago is too close. And Chicago has gotten screwed due to festival radius clauses too often for NIN.

First world problemos.
    Oops, right you are (about 2007). I just remember being bummed that I couldn't see them live right after Year Zero came out and the setlists were heavy on YZ songs. It was one of my favorite NIN albums.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

someone just shared this on the hotline fb
    https://coconuts.co/bangkok/lifestyl...nails-concert/

Nin live in bangkok to be announced April 17.

ETA: Of course I just read the previous page. I wonder when this show will be. Before or after the Vegas warm up shows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I wonder when this show will be. Before or after the Vegas warm up shows.
    Probably August, before or after Japan.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Stoked! I'm going to both Vegas shows!
    How different do we expect this leg to be from the "I can't seem to wake up" tour?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Just surprised that it took so long before the 1st Vegas show did sell out.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Stoked! I'm going to both Vegas shows!
    How different do we expect this leg to be from the "I can't seem to wake up" tour?
    I think the setup will be the same — Trent complained in the Chicago Q&A about elaborate setups and that he thinks they’ve hit the limit for it and the raw, stripped-down feel of the 2017 shows worked great and added a sense of intimacy and immediacy that as someone who’d only seen the Tension and 2014 tours I’d never felt so much before from the band. Setlist-wise I think the Bowie cover will be gone since they’ll now have 3 EPs of recent material to represent and maybe a couple songs will get swapped out for others but it’ll be a similar set length and overall structure. As long as they keep Burning Bright and Background World I won’t care though.

I am hoping since they’re doing 2 nights in Vegas that they change it up a little bit more night to night, even if it’s just a handful of different songs and a different flow to the setlist. I’ve never seen them back to back in the same venue before so I’m hoping for something interesting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I am hoping since they’re doing 2 nights in Vegas that they change it up a little bit more night to night, even if it’s just a handful of different songs and a different flow to the setlist. I’ve never seen them back to back in the same venue before so I’m hoping for something interesting.
    I saw them back to back at Red Rocks with Soundgarden. The setlists were very different. The feel and energy were also very different. I was very surprised having just seen them the night before how new it felt the second night. I am greatly hoping for something similar at the Vegas shows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can only make the Wednesday show so I am hopping I picked the right one,lol.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    Bare minimum you’re almost guaranteed live debuts of new material.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    Same here but to be honest I've never been disappointed by a NIN show, and that includes seeing the exact same setlist at 2 shows. A venue like that, at a show that'll be THE FIRST of 2018's tour and THE FIRST after EP3 comes out, it'll be a memorable show I'm sure. I am so excited.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Extra show on june 16th: https://www.axs.com/series/6194/nine...?skin=thejoint

Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Just surprised that it took so long before the 1st Vegas show did sell out.
    Yeah, they waited till the wednesday first sold out.... Not nice, I'd say.

vvvv
    Last edited by witte; 04-16-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Irritated about the third vegas show because if they would have announced the third one earlier, I would have been able to make it work. Oh well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel for the folk who booked their plane ride home for June 16th. Oops.