Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    From what I've heard, the reason Season 2 of Twin Peaks was decidedly un-"Lynchian", was because he was filming Wild At Heart at the time and unable to give major input to the writers. He did return toward the end of the season and brought the show back on track for the most part, but unfortunately it had lost a large portion of its viewing audience by then and it was cancelled before Lynch could properly revitalize it.

He was also planning to make more movies based on the series (originally talking about making a trilogy of films) but Fire Walk With Me barely made any money at the box office so these plans were scrapped.

Over the years, there's been the occasional rumor about Lynch or one of the series' ex-cast members having plans to reboot the series, or bring it back to life in some other format. Personally, I would love to see this happen! Imagine what could happen if they get the right people involved.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    well, the second season IS kind of unlynchian.... but its not terrible, it's pretty funny sometimes, but it lacks the flair of the first season.

I fthey ever returned I'd want to see what's going on in twin Peaks these days.. Where's everybody been?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diptych View Post
    From what I've heard, the reason Season 2 of Twin Peaks was decidedly un-"Lynchian", was because he was filming Wild At Heart at the time and unable to give major input to the writers. He did return toward the end of the season and brought the show back on track for the most part, but unfortunately it had lost a large portion of its viewing audience by then and it was cancelled before Lynch could properly revitalize it.
    Lynch was there(well, in and out) for the beginning of the season until after the big unveil. Everything after, besides the final episode, wasn't Lynch. I don't really see why though he didn't have time to direct when he had plenty of time to act in it...
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 12-28-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm trying to get the girl I'm seeing into Twin Peaks... we're 4 episodes in and she is just nooot into it. This is her first experience with David Lynch. Very disappointing. As much as I love it I realize that stylistically it isn't for everyone (although it should be).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebek View Post
    I'm trying to get the girl I'm seeing into Twin Peaks... we're 4 episodes in and she is just nooot into it. This is her first experience with David Lynch. Very disappointing. As much as I love it I realize that stylistically it isn't for everyone (although it should be).
    Yeah, I think after 4 episodes if she was going to be into it, then it would have caught her by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not a watcher of the show Psych, and I believe this was mentioned on the old ETS, but they did a pretty cool homage episode:

full episode:
    Last edited by PQHooligan; 12-30-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Does anyone know where I can find a complete collection of the current Twin Peaks Archive soundtrack? I have 1-44, but would like everything released since those tracks.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    well, the second season IS kind of unlynchian.... but its not terrible, it's pretty funny sometimes, but it lacks the flair of the first season.

I fthey ever returned I'd want to see what's going on in twin Peaks these days.. Where's everybody been?
    The second season is uneven mostly for the directing is true, but also the lame and pointless storylines (mostly the ones with James Hurley and Audrey Horne, great characters in the first season but wasted in the second one), but the ending never dissapoints, even though it ends as a cliffanger!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But they didn't really leave anything in the air from the series. Fire Walk With Me answers the remaining questions from the cliffhanger that weren't already answered directly from Dale's season one dream (or was that only in the european version?).

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
    But they didn't really leave anything in the air from the series. Fire Walk With Me answers the remaining questions from the cliffhanger that weren't already answered directly from Dale's season one dream (or was that only in the european version?).
    That's true but i think "Fire Walk with Me" acts like an epilogue but clearly doesn't answer some of the questions set in season 2 *CAUTION SPOILERS AHEAD* (Who survived the bank explotion?, Does Bob kill again as Agent Cooper?, what happened to Josie's soul?) much of this was going to be answered in the hypothetical third season, but the low ratings and lack of interest from the Production team prevented this from happening...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Oh! I'm so excited that they had that episode on youtube- I never bothered to look it up but people have told me to watch it when I start talking about Twin Peaks. Awesome! That's the first episode of Psyche I've ever seen now, heh.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This is probably the best thing on the internet, ever:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    This is probably the best thing on the internet, ever:

We really need a SuperLike button. Twin Peaks had such an incredible score.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I like the show. I wish it had lasted longer than it did and its a true 1990's staple in television.

I only own season 2 on DVD. I really need to get season 1 sometime.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I agree, i think the show deserved 2 more season at least

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I only own season 2 on DVD. I really need to get season 1 sometime.
    Don't forget that the season 1 DVD set does not include the pilot (which is included in the seasons 1 & 2 definitive gold box edition).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Holy shit, eat your heart out American Horror Story!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well the most important question is would they have Lara Flynn Boyle or Moira Kelly returning as Donna?

And someone jog my memory but twenty five years is also supposed to be the amount of time that Dale spends in the Black Lodge?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The story has been picked up elsewhere, also -

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/1928...ot-twin-peaks/

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/01/twin-peaks-returning/

It's all rather exciting, but I guess time will tell!

Lutz, if I recall correctly, the Lodge / Red Room scene from episode 2 (3 if you include the pilot) takes place 25 years in our future from 1990 (I say "ours" because time has no meaning in the Lodges). This is all subject to correction from a hardcore Peaks Freak if any care to clarify...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Well, this page: http://www.facebook.com/BringBackTwinPeaks is all over the comments sections of those articles. According to them this is something they may have instigated. However, a post on their page this morning said Twin Peaks s03 is sounding more and more like a rumor.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I will believe this the moment I'm sitting in front of my TV, watching the first episode of season 3 and not a second before.

I will never survive the disappointment if I get my hopes up and it turns out not to be true.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Okay, here's the source of all the speculation. It's speculation on the part of Mark Frost, but it wasn't confirmation of anything.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/...button_toolbar

I agree with the Slate writer, HBO or FX would be a more fitting network than any public network.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Wasn't the series suppose to continue in a comic book series, but it was cancelled at the last second? I could have sworn I read that somewhere...

Honestly, for a continuation through a new series/season, I think it's too late.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i'm very hesitant and nervous about the prospect. a little too precious of a show (if imperfect) to be fucking around with it after 20+ years.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm not sure I want this one to happen.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hopefully this is being rumored wrong and what's on the table is actually giving Lynch a new show that simply reuses many of the same actors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why is David Lynch posting articles about him proposing a third season of Twin Peaks on his Facebook page???

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I would presume that if he were putting articles about it on his Facebook page it would mean he's interested in a third season of Twin Peaks. But since he hasn't posted anything there since August it's really hard to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I presume the reason why he hasn't made a movie in a while is because he is completely unable to get American funding and now even distribution for his movies?

It's such a glaring indictment of the current system that one of the acknowledged living icons of American cinema is not able to make American movies.