Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    So when the inevitable tour happens, i will most likely be going to the Denver show.

Who else will be there?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This lines up well with NIN also doing Lollapalooza and Osheaga. I hope this is part of a headline tour though.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Lolla usually gets announced in March, right? I imagine they'll play there and possibly the Made in America festival as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Who do you propose though? We all know Aaron North is not happening, and I don't want a "Pino Palladino of guitar players" to join the line up. A NIN guitarist should be shredding and going crazy.

Maybe Josh will be reinvited, to which I can't make any comments, because I don't know his style of play when he has the spotlight. But personally I want a new face, if we won't get Finck - whom I still dig.
    someone new, young, and fucking mental.

I giggle at the idea of Annie Clark being the new guitarist tho, that would be epic and so wrong on so many levels yet SO GOOD

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Also The Black Queen should open on the actual tour.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    someone, please start playing around with that image. there must be some kind of hidden message.
    ARG 2.0 here we go!
    I figured it out! The dots are the 2017 tour locations. 2 in NY, 2 cruises in the Atlantic Ocean, One boat ride in Lake Michigan...

http://imgur.com/pM5q4eD

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    or....something else? something complete different...
    ok, good news, for sure.
    there'll be more, i hope.
    i'd make a trip to the us, only for an arena or club schedule. not a festival, i think

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is actually the festival's second year on Randall's Island (and second overall).

Press reports from last year suggest it was pretty well-run, at least compared to Gov Ball. That said, there's still a significant festival discount to my current enthusiasm. I want to find some first-hand accounts from last year's VIP viewing areas to see if perhaps this approach might mitigate my concerns. Either way, I'll probably still open my wallet on Friday since I'm only a 4 mile bike ride from the site.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post

I giggle at the idea of Annie Clark being the new guitarist tho, that would be epic and so wrong on so many levels yet SO GOOD
    I like this idea. Being in the NIN touring band is like some weird rite of passage for many people. I don't like the idea of gender quotas in bands but another great female rock guitarist/instrumentalist would be Emma Ruth Rundle.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Holy fucking Christ. She's wicked talented and completely nuts. That could be so amazing...or an unbelievably terrible, Vicodin-baked-into-my-pizza combination. One thing's for sure: 98.75% of the "fans" would not be happy.

Actually, now that I think of it, what would the reaction be to any female (non-Mariqueen) addition to the live band be? I feel like there would be an...unfortunate amount of revolt.
    People were pissed when they announced the backing vocalists for Tension.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post

St Vincent is releasing a new album next months. Touring with NIN would be perfect. They match very well.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Already looking at Airbnb spots for Panorama. There's so many tours going on at around the same time this year, it's crazy.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Actually, now that I think of it, what would the reaction be to any female (non-Mariqueen) addition to the live band be? I feel like there would be an...unfortunate amount of revolt.
    Mm, I'd certainly like to think that the NIN fanbase is more open-minded than that, but I fear that you might be right.

In re: the backing vocals for Tension (which I personally loved), I suppose part of the outcry on that front was because it was sort of legitimately changing the live "sound" of the band, whereas just having a woman on guitar would still, you know, be playing guitar. Hopefully folks'd be accepting of that.

(Re: Annie Clark, I do think she'd be able to do some really wicked stuff playing guitar for NIN, though I can't imagine she'd be happy just being a member in someone else's band.)
    Last edited by xolotl; 01-09-2017 at 11:36 AM. Reason: slightly more brevity, rephrasing

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My mind would be fucking blown if she would. And blown again if Trent could afford her. I wonder what the effect on casual fans/fans of St. Vincent would be. Fascinating scenario. Kudos to the original poster.
    As cool as this is, where did this idea come from? Just the OP? As for Mariqueen in the performing band, I highly doubt it. Even if they enjoyed the experience as a married couple from the HTDA shows, I'd think they'd want to keep it to that project 'home'.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    My mind would be fucking blown if she would. And blown again if Trent could afford her. I wonder what the effect on casual fans/fans of St. Vincent would be. Fascinating scenario. Kudos to the original poster.
    I'm sure if Trent could afford Pino Palladino along with the backup singers for the Rolling Stones, this would be no issue.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Agreed. I'd hope the fanbase would be a bit more accepting and enthusiastic about the prospect more than I might fear...and as for that Yoko Ono reference in that review, I guessed I glazed over it as standard music review tripe, but you're totally right. That shit was ridiculous if meant to mean that Reznor has a wife of east Asian heritage. Maybe the reviewer was clueless and went for the easy musician-wife comparison.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    This lines up well with NIN also doing Lollapalooza and Osheaga. I hope this is part of a headline tour though.
    I'd assume if NIN were to do a festival in Montreal, it would be HeavyMtl and not Osheaga.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    since its a festival show...hopefully it will be streamed....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I will be crushed if Robin is not involved.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    since its a festival show...hopefully it will be streamed....
    That's exactly what I'm hoping for!

Was hoping this was going to be a one-off single showing in a cool venue, not so keen on the festival stuff either.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just no Reading/Leeds festival please if you get to the UK (think it's a fairly safe bet he won't due to the Biffy Clyro debacle last time round!).

Not Glastonbury...!

Trent needs to start 'Rez-fest', so that he's surrounded by tasteful and agreeable acts.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Can the tour be called The Actual Events?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Trent needs to start 'Rez-fest', so that he's surrounded by tasteful and agreeable acts.
    It's a shame ATP stopped being a Thing; a Reznor-curated ATP somewhere would've been pretty awesome. Though I suppose they typically put together stuff from more undergroundish acts.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    It's a shame ATP stopped being a Thing; a Reznor-curated ATP somewhere would've been pretty awesome. Though I suppose they typically put together stuff from more undergroundish acts.
    Don't give me that wet dream.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    I'd assume if NIN were to do a festival in Montreal, it would be HeavyMtl and not Osheaga.
    I don't think so. They generally avoid hardrock/metal-oriented festivals.
    HeavyMTL is cancelled in 2017 anyway.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    at least hes not playing hipster fest Coachella....

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Panorama is put on by the same people.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    I like this idea. Being in the NIN touring band is like some weird rite of passage for many people. I don't like the idea of gender quotas in bands but another great female rock guitarist/instrumentalist would be Emma Ruth Rundle.
    dude, emma would be an AMAZING addition to NIN. the way she textures things would be a really cool way to do some stuff live. i've never really heard another guitar player quite like her. plus her voice is so similar to tori amos, so i'd finally get more of what i wanted out of trent & tori's voices together haha

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Panorama is put on by the same people.
    wow I didnt know that..Looking at the lineups,I guess it makes sense...Coachella streams every show.Hopefully they do the same with this fest

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I don't think gender should matter in choosing band members, ability should be the only thing that matters. At this point NIN has nothing to prove, we've all seen the shows, we've all seen the tours. I personally would think its refreshing if Trent brought in a female guitarist or drummer, but gender shouldn't matter "ability" is all that matters.