Page 60 of 135 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    You’re not gonna believe this. One of the best performances of his I have ever personally witnessed. My first show was the ROTW tour so that’s my baseline, but a completely respectable performance and I don’t regret coming at all.

Also I ran into Haz and he was as lovely as always.
    I call shenanigans

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    You’re not gonna believe this. One of the best performances of his I have ever personally witnessed. My first show was the ROTW tour so that’s my baseline, but a completely respectable performance and I don’t regret coming at all.
    You've got to be at least as high as MM to enjoy his show.

There should be a mandatory measure of how high people are before they're allowed in. Like a roller coaster, but for sobriety (and lack thereof).

So, just how high were you?
    Last edited by katara; 07-15-2018 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Not nearly high enough.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    You've got to be at least as high as MM to enjoy his show.

There should be a mandatory measure of how high people are before they're allowed in. Like a roller coaster, but for sobriety (and lack thereof).

So, just how high were you?
    He already said he was within the general proximity of Haz.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    He already said he was within the general proximity of Haz.
    Full disclosure, he did offer me cocaine, edibles and vodka. He’s a lovely friend but a terrible influence, I respectfully and lovingly denied his offer. Hey man, drugs are expensive ya gotta be grateful lol

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Some asshole was doing coke off of a credit card next to us at NIN in Berlin. Meanwhile there was a family of four right behind of us...two kids aged around 9-11. What a piece of shit.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Full disclosure, he did offer me cocaine, edibles and vodka. He’s a lovely friend but a terrible influence, I respectfully and lovingly denied his offer. Hey man, drugs are expensive ya gotta be grateful lol
    Ok, as somebody relatively new to EtS, is the Haz being referenced in this thread the same Hazekiah that has existed on basically every Manson board for the last like, 20 years? I remember that name from the official BBS and the 'phant/MMUSA.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Ok, as somebody relatively new to EtS, is the Haz being referenced in this thread the same Hazekiah that has existed on basically every Manson board for the last like, 20 years? I remember that name from the official BBS and the 'phant/MMUSA.
    Yes. He got banned here I think a couple years ago, a bit unjustly IMHO but he did go off the rails that day.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Indeed it is. He was also VERY PRESENT in the Transformers and Star Wars threads, but mostly MM and Transformers.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^ lulz

\m/

O_O

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Yes, he's the guy who writes essays about how deep the "look the Transformers has balls!" moment in Transformers 2 was, and also, sits around dumpster diving for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Tickets.

Oh yeah, and he also follows around Marilyn Manson tours.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Yes, he's the guy who writes essays about how deep the "look the Transformers has balls!" moment in Transformers 2 was, and also, sits around dumpster diving for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Tickets.

Oh yeah, and he also follows around Marilyn Manson tours.
    Certainly ban-worthy offenses if I ever saw 'em!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Some asshole was doing coke off of a credit card next to us at NIN in Berlin. Meanwhile there was a family of four right behind of us...two kids aged around 9-11. What a piece of shit.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    1 - Manson's decline has been a huge bummer and it's sad to see someone that had such an impact on you growing up self-destruct.
    2 - Haz was bullied, defended himself, and got booted unfairly. Such is life.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Yes. He got banned here I think a couple years ago, a bit unjustly IMHO but he did go off the rails that day.
    He was usually pretty friendly to me back in the day. I knew circles overlapped from those boards to this one and the Spiral, but since I didn't participate in any NIN boards at the time I didn't make the connection that it was the same guy until just now.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Some of the posts earlier in the thread made me think a little more about Manson's career trajectory as he ages. If you look at his contemporaries who are still well-respected, the common denominator is that they are gifted musicians first. That's a skill that only gets better as you age in many respects, and allows you to transition into different areas if you are no longer interested in touring (composing, scoring, producing, mentoring younger artists etc)

Manson's gifting always seemed to be primarily as a performer and a vocalist. Watching older shows of his just cemented that idea in my head: the guy had incredible charisma on-stage, and a solid rock voice. But those aren't skills that most people can maintain as they age. You get older, your voice wears out from all the screaming. That's just a part of life. Then you add in the drugs and the interpersonal problems (alienating people who could help you grow as a musician and writer) and well...I'm not surprised it went this route.

But honestly? He could have still found a path that worked for him. He was legitimately a good writer: not even just lyrically. That article he wrote for Rolling Stone after Columbine? That shit was good. A friend of mine is a teacher in high school, and she uses that article as a part of her curriculum every year. Even my non-fan friends loved that article. At one point in time, he gave awesome interviews that people who didn't even like him gave him grudging respect for. That interview he did with Bill O'Reilly gets upvoted to the top of Reddit like three times a year. Dude could have had a serious cash flow blogging about music, culture, and art.

I'm even thinking about Ozzy, and how his career changed as he got older. Yeah, he kind of became known as a doofus after a while. But his reality show was entertaining, and Ozzfest was a real success. He's likeable and the public still pays him good money for just about anything. Manson could have gone that route and made music when he actually felt inspired to do so rather than cranking out stuff that isn't up to the standard he previously held.

Anyway, obviously I'm just talking out of my ass here because I'm not a musician and don't have a firm grasp on this stuff. Just thinking about how things could have been different for him. I'm just a longtime fan that feels bad that it turned out this way. Not ALL of his new stuff is bad, it just lacks the magic for me.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    This post just made me realize that I had a dream about trying to.figure out how to snort some cocaine I had, and I haven't snorted coke in about ten years and never did it regularly.

Good god. Cocaine's a Hell of a drug.
    @eachpassingphase I think you're really onto something regarding the musicianship aspect.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-20-2018 at 01:23 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    He was usually pretty friendly to me back in the day. I knew circles overlapped from those boards to this one and the Spiral, but since I didn't participate in any NIN boards at the time I didn't make the connection that it was the same guy until just now.
    Hazekiah is the ultimate example of someone who demonstrates that "being a super nice friendly guy" isn't even half the battle.

That guy was awwwwwwwwwful.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    he made repeated references to fucking someone's underage daughter. i don't think that was an unjust banning, dude.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    he made repeated references to fucking someone's underage daughter. i don't think that was an unjust banning, dude.
    I must’ve missed that one.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    he made repeated references to fucking someone's underage daughter. I don't think that was an unjust banning, dude.
    y i k e s

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I must’ve missed that one.
    yeah, like...people have tried to defend him and every time, i bring this up. there are jokes, there are jokes that go too far, and then there's just being a fucking creep. he crossed that line more than once. i don't care how "nice" of a guy he is in real life. on here, he was disruptive, irritating, and disgusting.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Haz was the first and still one of only 2 people i have ever set to Ignore on this board because i could not stand his huge walls of inane "wut" speak all the time. The other is, for obvious reasons, BlacklightGiveMeAttention.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This thread inches closer to being permanently shut down every time Hazekiah's name is brought up.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    This thread inches closer to being permanently shut down every time Hazekiah's name is brought up.
    Why? Can we set up a GoFundMe to cover the server space that this gigantic, busy thread must take up and in response we can be allowed to have civil conversations about things currently not permitted?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Why? Can we set up a GoFundMe to cover the server space that this gigantic, busy thread must take up and in response we can be allowed to have civil conversations about things currently not permitted?
    lol

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    lol
    Obviously that was sarcastic and I really don't give a shit about Hazekiah being banned, but there was sort of a genuine question in there, namely why things like this are a big deal if people otherwise aren't slinging shit and flipping out.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    That was my fault, sorry dude. I thought about posting my selfie but didn't.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    That was my fault, sorry dude. I thought about posting my selfie but didn't.
    please don't*.

on topic, i finally sold my copy of The Pale Emperor (though it took me two fucking weeks to get to the post office and actually ship it) which means i am rid of my MM vinyl collection. do i miss the music? yeah, i sure do. but i'm not going to enjoy art at the expense of victims of abuse & assault.

*you're a cutie, i don't wanna see his face

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    anybody know where to find the presale code for the new show that was announced, i used to be a fan but havent really liked any of his latest stuff -- but my wife still likes him and so i want to try to get really good seats to the halloween show in orlando (maybe one of the balcony tables or barstools at the hard rock), it says presale starts tomorrow and i have no idea where to find the presale code for that.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I’m not sure that there even is a presale code or if it’s going to be a small amount of tickets listed all at once or what, there’s no details on the event pages for it. I am a sucker and will be going to the Halloween show because I don’t know how to not hurt myself