Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 2035

Thread: Qotsa

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Josh & Troy talking about Villains

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...ins-lp-w490156

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Another day, another tease. Digging the Dead Kennedys/Cramps vibe I'm getting.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I really wish the Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster got their shit together and start tour with QOTSA. Would be a perfect match or maybe even the Horrors.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ad infinitum View Post
    Another day, another tease. Digging the Dead Kennedys/Cramps vibe I'm getting.
    i like this song better than "the way we used to do" but i hate the way both songs are mixed. everything sounds so god damn thin and abrasive. if that's really how the whole record is going to sound, i don't know if i can listen to it. not even being a snob, it actually makes my ears hurt a bit. i'm all for a good lo-fi-sounding record if it's done right and there's a purpose, but i can't see what that would be when you're a huge band like this.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 07-13-2017 at 08:30 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    yet another tease:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Saw Queens on Wednesday night. It was an absolutely fantastic gig! Lined up a bit early and managed to get pretty close to the stage, right in front of Troy. They opened the show with Turnin' on the Screw, and I went fucking crazy! I didn't expect the band to play it all! The whole performance was just so energetic and flawless, they're really one of the best rock groups/live acts ever. Seeing QOTSA play Song for the Dead, Sick, Sick, Sick, Monsters in the Parasol, and Feel Good Hit of the Summer, just to name a few, is an unforgettably fun and exciting experience. I was knackered by the end, but it was all worth it.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queen...-3be5b404.html

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    cut away little sister already and maybe I sat by the ocean and that is a mighty fine set! feel good hit, sick sick sick, millionaire AND monsters in the parasol... killer!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I hate that setlist. Not a single song off the first album. Only Little Sister and Burn The Witch off their masterpiece (i.e. the two worst songs on the record besides skin on skin). And why do they always insist on playing Make It Wit Chu, Sick Sick Sick, and Feel Good (which was cool for 2 months when I was 17). Plus a predictable closing 4 to boot.

Where is Regular John? Where is I Think I Lost My Headache? Where is Tangled Up In Plaid? I Appear Missing, Better Living Through Chemistry, Medication, Do It Again, If Only, Avon, etc.???

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Well you sound like a fun concert date.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm unreasonably excited for this album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It leaked.

On my third listen. This album is fucking weird.

Weird's good.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    It would be weird if it popped up in my PMs

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    It would be weird if it popped up in my PMs

lol

It's not the best quality; volume drops down in the middle of Track 6 jarringly. Some skips here and there. Etc.

Edit: I have a final tomorrow and have to go to bed. If anyone hasn't found it, send me a PM and I'll log on in the morning.
    Last edited by jessamineny; 08-08-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What a weird fucking album. The production is weird.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just got home from a concert tired as fuck so I won't listen to the whole thing til tomorrow but I just listened to Villians of Circumstance and holy fuck I had chills almost the whole time. I've been in love with the early acoustic versions for weeks so I felt compelled to listen to at least this track tonight and it's just amazing. I can't wait to listen to the whole album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm gonna try my best to wait til the 25th. Can't wait to head down to the local record shop on release day and pick it up. I've been reading everyone's first impressions and descriptions of the songs, and it seems like it won't disappoint!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbornefeline View Post
    I just got home from a concert tired as fuck so I won't listen to the whole thing til tomorrow but I just listened to Villians of Circumstance and holy fuck I had chills almost the whole time. I've been in love with the early acoustic versions for weeks so I felt compelled to listen to at least this track tonight and it's just amazing. I can't wait to listen to the whole album.
    A mod on reddit put it best: "The version of Villains of Circumstance is the version I didn't know I wanted"

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Oddly, I wasn't able to open what was in my PMs. So, anything is welcome.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I have it in FLAC. How do I PM?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Thanks for the heads-up guys, listening right now. I'm at the third song and like it a lot thus far.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Oddly, I wasn't able to open what was in my PMs. So, anything is welcome.
    Check hasitleaked

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I feel like this might already be my second or third favorite QotSA album (Like Clockwork being my first). I've given it 2 or 3 spins and my favorite tracks are Head Like a Haunted House, The Evil Has Landed, Villains of Circumstance, and Feet Don't Fail Me. Classic Queens indeed.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    I have it in FLAC. How do I PM?
    The fact you have the leak in .FLAC and don't know how to PM is beautiful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Can't wait to get my hands on this.. somehow.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    The fact you have the leak in .FLAC and don't know how to PM is beautiful.
    I wouldn't count on it being anything more than a transcode of the .m4as going around

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I wouldn't count on it being anything more than a transcode of the .m4as going around
    You're probably right, but still--bless Madmya.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    The production on this seems interesting. It appears they've implemented more synthesizer sounds than usual into the songs, doesn't it? Or at least those sounds appear more prominent (to me). Anyway, I think I like this thing. Will buy when it releases.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Only had one listen, but... I like it. Weird is a good word for it; I hear bits of Them Crooked Vultures, a healthy dose of Era Vulgaris & a little Like Clockwork... Villains seems like a logical progression in their discography. There are a couple of tracks that fell a bit flat but I think a few more listens might tighten everything up for me.

You can definitely hear Ronson in the production of the album, which takes a little getting used to, but overall I think the guys have a winner on their hands. Feet Don't Fail Me Now, Head Like A Haunted House, The Evil Has Landed & Villains of Circumstance are standouts so far. I'm looking forward to seeing this live.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ad infinitum View Post
    Feet Don't Fail Me Now, Head Like A Haunted House, The Evil Has Landed & Villains of Circumstance are standouts so far. I'm looking forward to seeing this live.
    Funny, those were exactly the same four that were standouts to me as well!