Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Seems like someone mistakenly left in a little something from the Deviations 1 label during the meticulous preparation.
    Maybe ...
    Halo 30 means Definitive/Deviations? Maybe? Or everyone sucks at this?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    They definitely just suck at it, it's not some weird double-halo thing, as The Fragile only has Halo Fourteen on it.

This at least confirms that the reissues are shipping when they said they would.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    They definitely just suck at it, it's not some weird double-halo thing, as The Fragile only has Halo Fourteen on it.

This at least confirms that the reissues are shipping when they said they would.
    How annoyed are we all going to be when it turns out only SOME of them have that flash sticker typo and they become worth hundreds

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    2nd photo (sticker): "made in the eu"

Sooo... variants, even?
    Well shit. I was really hoping there was only going to be 1. It's proving hard enough to get the US versions. Ugh.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    What's with the:
    Halo Thirty

Halo Eight

The person sho made the edit to add the photo on Discogs could just be bullshitting us and made a (poor) photoshop of the label. That might explain the extreme amount of artefacting in seeing on the picture.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    2nd photo (sticker): "made in the eu"

Sooo... variants, even?
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    Well shit. I was really hoping there was only going to be 1. It's proving hard enough to get the US versions. Ugh.
    the pressing plant they're using is based in europe; there's no US pressing.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Nice! So is this the same for all of the vinyl releases then? Thanks man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    The person sho made the edit to add the photo on Discogs could just be bullshitting us and made a (poor) photoshop of the label. That might explain the extreme amount of artefacting in seeing on the picture.
    That's what i'm thinking too because i find it really suspicious that the guy is ONLY posting pictures of the sticker on the shrinkwrap and no pictures of the actual cover.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Nice! So is this the same for all of the vinyl releases then? Thanks man!
    i would imagine (and hope) so. the actual vinyl in the fragile deviations is pristine. i agree with what a bunch of people have said in that it's probably the best-pressed record i own. it is DEAD quiet between tracks with no imperfections, which is a really rare thing, especially these days.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    So uh, why doesn't The Fragile and Deviations 1 say "made in the eu"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Having now sat through a single listen of the entire Deviation vinyl set, I only have positive feedback. The vinyl that I have is very, very quiet and is a fine example of what can be achieved with this format when it is pressed with care. I counted only one slight 'pop' throughout 3 hours of listening. The quiet sections are indeed quiet with either no surface noise or absolute bare minimum - thus the atmosphere of the piece is fully conveyed without any distraction. Having held each LP under the light, I can see no surface marks or scuffs whatever - probably because the sleeves themselves have decent plastic inner and opposed to bare paper. I have had three copies of the new Roger Waters album now which comes in paper sleeves and every copy has had nasty scuff marks. In addition, I also recently acquired the 2015 Bicycle Remaster of PHM on double vinyl and it is an awful pressing, with significant surface noise, crackle and pops. This is particularly distracting during SICNH, obviously being such a quiet and atmospheric piece. No such grievance with Deviations.

As for the music - I like it but to be honest I am looking forward to Fragile arriving. As a companion piece it is great but it is no substitute for the full fat version.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    So uh, why doesn't The Fragile and Deviations 1 say "made in the eu"?
    shit, i just checked and deviations was pressed by Pallas USA (which is the sister branch of a german pressing plant). hopefully, though, that means that the german location is pressing the DEs, which would also explain why they got pushed back a bit in terms of shipping date.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just got my email that my copy of The Fragile DE has shipped.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Same, I cant wait for my damaged goods.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    So how do we avoid pre-orders in the future? This pre-order wait to shipment time was longer than some kickstarters i've pledged on.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Got my shipping notification for The Fragile too. I'd imagine that the shipping notification for Broken is in my mother's emails.

As infuriating as this wait has been, I've still been hit by that thrill of seeing a shipping notification and knowing my shit is on the way. I certainly feel for the people (and there are a lot of them) who haven't been as fortunate with both of these shitty companies, though. I really hope this means that we're close to putting this entire debacle behind us. Just in time for the next round of preorders, lmao.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    As for the music - I like it but to be honest I am looking forward to Fragile arriving. As a companion piece it is great but it is no substitute for the full fat version.
    I loved hearing the instrumentals to one of my favorite albums with one of the best title tracks out there, but I agree. (Also wouldn't have minded hearing them ... in a more timely, 10th anniversary type fashion, ahem, but I understand it was something he was avoiding as the recording was Not A Good Time for TR.) I sold my original several years ago for short-term financial reasons and have always regretted it. It had a lot of sentimental value even though it was pretty worn in a couple spots due to overplaying with a worn out needle. I'm looking forward to it joining me (again), finally.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfilian View Post
    ...I also recently acquired the 2015 Bicycle Remaster of PHM on double vinyl...
    Can I ask where? And to be clear, not the UMe Remaster, right? Despite your warnings, I still have to check this box in my collection. I know the nin.com store had it in stock at one point and has it currently listed as "coming soon", but if I could not deal with Sandbag that'd be nice. We'll see after my 4 pending orders are fulfilled and the dust has settled.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    So how do we avoid pre-orders in the future? This pre-order wait to shipment time was longer than some kickstarters i've pledged on.
    We don't pre-order. SOunds easy enough. But, how fast did everyone here pre-order EVERYTHING in December and again in July? At our hearts, we're consumers. Honestly though, after this diarrhea hurricane, I'd like to think I'm not going to pre-order anything from nin.com again unless it explicitly says "THIS IS ONLY AVAILABLE HERE". And even then...it's going to sting.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quick question to everyone receiving their Fragile DE shipping info now...are these from your original December order?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Quick question to everyone receiving their Fragile DE shipping info now...are these from your original December order?
    Mine is.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raptors661 View Post
    Mine is.
    And did you do anything when the stores switched over?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    And did you do anything when the stores switched over?
    Nope. I left it alone.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    We don't pre-order. SOunds easy enough. But, how fast did everyone here pre-order EVERYTHING in December and again in July? At our hearts, we're consumers. Honestly though, after this diarrhea hurricane, I'd like to think I'm not going to pre-order anything from nin.com again unless it explicitly says "THIS IS ONLY AVAILABLE HERE". And even then...it's going to sting.
    Basically it's

"fuck sandbag, this is ridiculous" until more nin products show up. We vote with our dollars and we're all voting in favor of sandbags practices right now.

If you bought anything from the nin store after the knowledge of how terrible sandbag is please STFU about how bad sandbag is.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I still haven't received my shipping email on The Fragile (and NTAE) vinyl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    I still haven't received my shipping email on The Fragile (and NTAE) vinyl.
    Same here, shit's giving me anxiety and anger if Sandbag is fucking up once again.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    Same here, shit's giving me anxiety and anger if Sandbag is fucking up once again.
    Yep, my guess is it'll just show up without warning. I preordered all the vinyls back in December. I got Deviations just fine. Got a shipping notification for Add Violance PC. But nothing yet on any of the other vinyls.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Basically it's

"fuck sandbag, this is ridiculous" until more nin products show up. We vote with our dollars and we're all voting in favor of sandbags practices right now.

If you bought anything from the nin store after the knowledge of how terrible sandbag is please STFU about how bad sandbag is.
    While you do have a point, this is the place where the rest of have to tell you that this is some master level trolling on your part. These concepts can co-exist, I can subject myself to terrible service so that I can get something I want in the hopes that it is different. Especially in the case where a specific vendor has an absolute monopoly on the products.

What we can't claim is shock, surprise, or innocence. But regardless of reputation, if someone promises one things, charges a premium for that thing, and then doesn't live up to their promises... blaming the victims is just going a step or two beyond.

That said, I still am holding off on ordering any vinyl other than my copy of Deviations until I hear how orders go currently. Which sucks, because I would love to have The Fragile on vinyl, or Broken on vinyl again. So does this mean I can still complain? =p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can I ask where? And to be clear, not the UMe Remaster, right? Despite your warnings, I still have to check this box in my collection. I know the nin.com store had it in stock at one point and has it currently listed as "coming soon", but if I could not deal with Sandbag that'd be nice. We'll see after my 4 pending orders are fulfilled and the dust has settled.
    I managed to score it off of Ebay UK. Definitely the Bicycle remaster and far nicer sounding than the infamous brickwalled CD version. The seller now has two more for sale at a very reasonable price:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nine-Inch-...-/253089706841

I guess in hind site I should have returned it, but the guy had sold out at the time and I was just glad to have a copy of it. I was unsure if he would get any more in as they seemed pretty thin on the ground. Hopefully Amazon will stock it at some stage and I can keep on sending them back until I get a mint one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Apologies for not looking through the rest of the thread to see if anyone knows the score on this, but I see that on the UK NIN store, Not the Actual Events, Downward Spiral, Fragile and Broken are all out of stock, but each is available on the US store. Anyone explain why this is, and moreover, why anyone would order from the UK store in the first place considering that even with shipping from US there's a saving of over £100?

Seems like I'm missing some too-good-to-be-true catch, here.