120 Post(s)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    EU variants arrived:

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Arrived today. Thanks for your help @Space Suicide!

Now to try and get that other pesky copy of BLC to me from Bull Moose...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    @Ryan Nice! Glad to be of service and it looks like there isn't any damage to it either!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    HTGK being played in full!

>

JUNE 22 2017
    DANZIG AT RIOTFEST 2017
    DANZIG III HOW THE GODS KILL

DANZIG have been announced to perform Saturday Sept. 16 at Riotfest 2017 Douglas Park, Chicago, IL.
    DANZIG will be playing the ground-breaking "DANZIG III How The Gods Kill" Album.
    The Set will also include Songs from the New Red-Hot "Black Laden Crown" & Classic DANZIG Tracks.
    For Tickets go to this web address: http://bit.ly/2tqveEj
    Or Go To: riotfest.org

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Awaiting arrival: Canadian exclusive and Indie red/black/orange exclusive:

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I think all these variations have arrived now:

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Talk about disposable income. Jeez dude.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got my ticket to the Misfits NJ show. I went for the seated option and got the Section 17 closest to the stage so I'm happy. I love the Misfits but I'm not paying $300+ after fees for GA and end up having the tallest guy in the room stand in front of me as usual.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    Got my ticket to the Misfits NJ show. I went for the seated option and got the Section 17 closest to the stage so I'm happy. I love the Misfits but I'm not paying $300+ after fees for GA and end up having the tallest guy in the room stand in front of me as usual.
    are they seriously charging $300???
    i was gonna give it a shot if they eventually come near me but not at that price, hell no.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I think the $300 top price is for VIP shit, not GA tix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I think the $300 top price is for VIP shit, not GA tix.
    I had a GA ticket in my cart it came to $300+. Here's a link to a photo that somebody posted on FB. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater. But what is not shown is the additional Processing fee which pushes the price of a ticket over $300. The description said nothing about a VIP experience but from what I've been told the Forum show had a split GA. So maybe it's a Premium GA and Standard GA set up for this show as well, although the seating chart doesn't show a split GA at all.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    I had a GA ticket in my cart it came to $300+. Here's a link to a photo that somebody posted on FB. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater. But what is not shown is the additional Processing fee which pushes the price of a ticket over $300. The description said nothing about a VIP experience but from what I've been told the Forum show had a split GA. So maybe it's a Premium GA and Standard GA set up for this show as well, although the seating chart doesn't show a split GA at all.
    That's disgusting.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Danzig has announced the fall leg of U.S. shows he has planned for his 30th anniversary touring. According to a post made via his social media, the shows will be his last dates ‘for awhile’ as he begins ‘concentrating on other projects which we will tell you about at a later date.’

10/24 Portland, OR – Roseland
    10/25 Seattle, WA – Sodo
    10/27 Salt Lake City, UT – The Complex
    10/28 TBA – TBA
    10/31 Denver, CO – Fillmore
    11/01 Albuquerque, NM – El Rey Theatre
    11/03 Irvine, CA – 5 Points Amphitheatre

Details for October 28th show will be unveiled on July 25th.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Pretty good lineup!

It's cool they're ding shows but they're too sparse and distanced for my liking (plus I'd never get to attend either haha).

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    No Doyle listed? Lame. How did these egomaniacs/morons fuck this up already?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Here is a full list of the cast and more for the upcoming film GD is directing based off his Verotik comics:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9425078/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    No Doyle listed? Lame. How did these egomaniacs/morons fuck this up already?
    They put him in very small print in one of the previous posters, lol.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Danzig Sings Elvis covers album scheduled for Fall release.

After his Verotik movie comes out, the next one is described as a “vampire spaghetti Western”.

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/da...-covers-record

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    https://www.revolvermag.com/culture/...-cinepocalypse

GLENN DANZIG'S EROTIC HORROR FILM 'VEROTIKA' TO PREMIERE AT CHICAGO'S CINEPOCALYPSE

Singer's directorial debut will also feature soundtrack of new Danzig music

photograph by Paul Brown

text KELSEY CHAPSTICK
    May 7, 2019

Master of the musical macabre Glenn Danzig has been working on his directorial debut with erotic horror film Verotika for a while now, and a premiere date has finally been set to take place at Chicago festival Cinepocalypse, on June 13th, with the director himself slated to attend.
    "It's an anthology," Danzig told Revolver of the project last year. "Have you ever seen Black Sabbath with Boris Karloff? Trilogy of Terror with Karen Black as the lead in the three different stories? In my movie, each part is between 25 and 35 minutes."

The movie will feature a series of vignettes, such as one starring Ashley Wisdom as the title character in "The Albino Spider of Dajette," another in which Alice Haig will take on the role of "Drukija Contessa of Blood" in an Erzebet Bathory–inspired turn as a youth-obsessed, monstrous woman who seeks the blood of virgins in order to gain immortality, and another titled "Morella" that will star adult film actress Kayden Kross.
    "You'll see a lot of the stuff I love in this movie — shadowy stuff, gore and all of it," said Danzig, adding, "I'm not doing anything other than an R movie. I like boobs and blood. [Laughs]"

In a statement issued today, May 7th, the festival promises, "Glenn's passion for film, the occult, and all things ghouls 'n ghosts has long influenced his music, and now he's taking these elements to the big screen. Featuring a plot shrouded in secrecy, a soundtrack of new Danzig music, and based on the output of his comic book publishing company Verotik — a compound of "violence" and "erotic" — this feature film anthology is a realization of his lifelong love of comics and the dark arts."
    Verotika will makes its world debut on Thursday, June 13th at the historic art house cinema the Music Box Theatre. Four-day all access passes will set you back $125, and gets you into all film screenings, events, and parties. Find more information on the film and ticketing for the festival here.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Early reviews are saying the Verotika movie is like the horror version of “The Room” in that it’s so bad, it’s good.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    $250 floor tickets!!! $70 nosebleeds!!! Before fees!!!
    I want to see this show in oakland but seriously? That's gonna be some real punk fest for sure...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Doubt you're gonna see any more Misfits shows after Oakland. They've wrapped up their 10 contractually obligated shows as per the settlement agreement between Jerry & Glenn. Guess we'll see if they (read: Glenn) grew up at all & put aside their differences, especially now that they see how much $ they can make & how insane the crowd reactions have been. Up the punx fellas.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Holy crap. I did not know 1) there was a settlement between these guys (thanks again, Google) and 2) ticket prices were that high.

That Oakland show is selling like hot garbage. Would probably get more interest in a one-on-one wheelchair dunk contest of Kevin Durant vs. Klay Thompson.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    substantial price drop in these tickets for oakland next week, maybe other shows as well, i scored floor for 100 instead of the original 250. nosebleeds are 35.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    GODDAMN did anyone go to MSG last night for the final Misfit's show? It was fantastic!

I got there for Rancid. I have never really been a fan but they put on a great show. Never realized how many of their songs I actually knew. They were fun, energetic & clearly still very big b/c the crowd was way into them. Good stage banter throughout too. Talked about their first NYC show in 1993, how he always wanted to play MSG after seeing Jimmy Superfly Snuka wrestle here on TV once in the 80's, and shouted out all the mainstays of classic NYHC like AF, Cro-Mags, Sheer Terror, Murphy's Law and a bunch more. Had their own autographed show print selling for $100. Kinda crazy considering they were opening, but still cool b/c it shows how big they are. And doubley cool that the Misfits crew allowed it.

Now onto the Misfits....I think I will let these excellent videos do alot of the talking first...

Not bad right? Glenn sounded great, and was in good shape. Didn't seem to get too winded until the end of the show, and was running all over the place all night. Sound wasn't great (and can only be so good in an arena anyway) overall, but improved a good amount after the first two Misfits songs. Guys all seemed to be getting along really well. Lombardo was a monster on the drums...no surprise there. Added some cool flourishes on certain songs. Jerry is such a clown....broke 6 different guitars throughout the night. I really question how much him and Doyle are even playing. Acey Slade is def. picking up all the slack back there. They claimed the show was sold out, but I don't buy it. It was def. full or very close to it, but 1/3 or so of the entire arena was still available for purchase on Wednesday when I checked, so some massive papering took place I imagine (My tix were free, for example). Misfits made out like bandits regardless I'm sure....sold tons of custom t-shirts for just last night's show as well as their own $100 show prints. Interestingly, they didn't do Yondr pouches for this show unlike the rest of these reunion shows. I wonder if Glenn was too cheap for it this time (I was told its around $300,000 to do this at arena show) or if MSG's union guys just won't do it b/c it's not in their contract. After the success of these (just look & hear the crowd in the above videos...people were loving it), i hope more of these shows occur in the future. It should perhaps be sparingly to keep them as an event, but they should still occur. Certainly parts of Europe would eat this shit up.

Setlist:

Death Comes Ripping
    I Turned Into a Martian
    20 Eyes
    Vampira
    Where Eagles Dare
    Mommy, Can I Go Out and Kill Tonight?
    Hybrid Moments
    Teenagers From Mars
    Children in Heat
    London Dungeon
    Earth A.D.
    Green Hell
    Devilock
    Some Kinda Hate
    Who Killed Marilyn
    Hollywood Babylon
    Horror Business
    All Hell Breaks Loose
    Astro Zombies
    Violent World
    Halloween
    Skulls
    Last Caress

Encore:

Die, Die My Darling
    Night of the Living Dead
    Bullet
    We Are 138

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    @bobbie solo I was there. Didn't have great seats but the show was incredible. I don't know why I kind of expected Danzig to phone it in and not really care but I was proven wrong. He was VERY into it the entire show and it showed. I lost count at 6 basses destroyed by Jerry and it was super cool seeing him give one to that girl in the wheelchair. Had to have made her night/year. Felt wrong seeing a punk show from a seat, especially a seat in the 200s, but at least the crowd was into it and standing the entire show (everybody near me say during The Damned and Rancid so I was worried they were gonna be lame). I actually didn't realize it was their last show until yesterday so I'm really glad I got tickets last minute.