Thread: Of all songs that HAVE been played live...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Thank you for your replies, I really appreciate what TOIOU team did at the time.
    But I was talking about official (at least soundboard) release of that show.
    You'll never get an official soundboard release, and there was never one planned

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    You'll never get an official soundboard release, and there was never one planned
    Yes, I know no plans were made, but I'm quite sure they recorded it, and the fans (at least myself) would be more than happy to have/buy it.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yes, I know no plans were made, but I'm quite sure they recorded it...
    Unless they recorded it discreetly, I don't see how they could. The venue wouldn't allow them to record the show. I would love nothing more than to receive another nice soundboard gift from an anonymous NIN crew member, but when it comes to that show specifically, I don't think it's going to happen.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Unless they recorded it discreetly, I don't see how they could. The venue wouldn't allow them to record the show. I would love nothing more than to receive another nice soundboard gift from an anonymous NIN crew member, but when it comes to that show specifically, I don't think it's going to happen.
    I didn't know that! Just recording their own show costs money? That's ridiculous.
    As I just read that Steven Wilson records every single show at 24/96 full resolution multitrack audio, just to 'take the red light fever away', I never thought that was the case.
    Last edited by Lerxto; 10-07-2016 at 05:49 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I didn't know that! Just recording their own show costs money? That's ridiculous.
    I heard that Steven Wilson recorded all of their shows at full resolution multitrack audio, every night just to 'take the red light fever away', I never thought that was the case.
    The venue has rights as a recording site, otherwise bands could just use them as a studio that pays you to be there

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Yes, I know no plans were made, but I'm quite sure they recorded it, and the fans (at least myself) would be more than happy to have/buy it.
    you can't just decide to record a show, you gotta pay some mighty high dues to the venue

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Rob probably has it in his pocket now on a USB as we speak.