Page 54 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 3229

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll worry about new APC material when it happens. Glad to know I didn't truly expect the statement to be true anyways.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post

Also I didn't know Steven from the Black Queen is Billy's tech.
    Yup I got to talk to Steve in Nashville (I was wearing a Black Queen shirt) and he was so super sweet!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Anyone else use Apple Music? There are some albums that seem to suffer from shite AAC encodings that result in it sounding phasey, and I just discovered that Ashes Divide's Keep Telling Myself It's Alright is one of the culprits. Whenever the full band is going, it flanges like a motherfucker. Just wanna see someone else acknowledge this is a thing!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    From @Cecil , in the NIN tour thread:

http://www.theprp.com/2017/06/13/new...-tour-rumored/

I don't see anything confirmed at this arena, and tickets for show supposedly go on sale tomorrow. My guess is misinformation but who knows at this point.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    From @Cecil , in the NIN tour thread:

http://www.theprp.com/2017/06/13/new...-tour-rumored/

I don't see anything confirmed at this arena, and tickets for show supposedly go on sale tomorrow. My guess is misinformation but who knows at this point.
    There is a fall tour coming.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Anyone else use Apple Music? There are some albums that seem to suffer from shite AAC encodings that result in it sounding phasey, and I just discovered that Ashes Divide's Keep Telling Myself It's Alright is one of the culprits. Whenever the full band is going, it flanges like a motherfucker. Just wanna see someone else acknowledge this is a thing!
    Described it perfectly. I believe there's three different versions or so, but one of the Deluxe Edition releases for CHVRCHES Every Open Eye also has this problem.* I know that the Apple Music releases are separate .m4p releases, so hopefully it doesn't affect the .m4a retail releases.

If you're strictly talking Apple Music, you can try turning on the "Sound Check" feature as a workaround. This is essentially Apple's version of ReplayGain, which makes use of the "ITUNESNORM" tag.

* I've also noticed similar distortion in several volumes of the Grateful Dead's Dick's Picks and Phish's LivePhish releases. These are ones that I own a physical version of, so I can rule out the source recording being the cause.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I still haven't given up on finding that "Live In Phoenix" promo cassette mentioned several months back.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Described it perfectly. I believe there's three different versions or so, but one of the Deluxe Edition releases for CHVRCHES Every Open Eye also has this problem.* I know that the Apple Music releases are separate .m4p releases, so hopefully it doesn't affect the .m4a retail releases.

If you're strictly talking Apple Music, you can try turning on the "Sound Check" feature as a workaround. This is essentially Apple's version of ReplayGain, which makes use of the "ITUNESNORM" tag.

* I've also noticed similar distortion in several volumes of the Grateful Dead's Dick's Picks and Phish's LivePhish releases. These are ones that I own a physical version of, so I can rule out the source recording being the cause.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I still haven't given up on finding that "Live In Phoenix" promo cassette mentioned several months back.

I had no idea AM used an additional/different wrapper. Makes sense, though. Do you know on a tech spec level if M4P simply copies the existing audio stream out of the iTunes Store AAC? There's no way in hell AM would re-encode from the source submissions, though I suppose all things are possible; just seems stupid/inefficient to me. And most, if not all AM releases seem to be exactly the same as their iTunes Store counterparts, sometimes even including the store bonus tracks. I'm sure that is probably an option when submitting. And, as you say, it'd be a real fucking ripoff to buy these on the store and find the shite encoding intact!

I can add at least one Moonsorrow album to the list (V: Håvitetty), and confirm both it and the AD album don't 'feature' it on the proper releases (via FLAC rips).

Maybe you should message Billy Howerdel on FB?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Fall tour dates are forthcoming; Ticketmaster lists a Pittsburgh, PA show for 11/17 on sale this Friday. Portland, ME has been rumored for 11/10.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Oct 21 - Sacramento, CA - Aftershock Festival
    Oct 23 - Colorado Springs, CO - Broadmoor World Arena
    Oct 25 - Albuquerque, NM - Tingley Coliseum
    Oct 26 - El Paso, TX - UTEP Don Haskins Center
    Oct 30 - Knoxville, TN - Thompson-Boling Arena
    Nov 1 - Fairfax, VA - EagleBank Arena
    Nov 2 - Brooklyn, NY - Barclays Center
    Nov 4 - Reading, PA - Santander Arena
    Nov 5 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
    Nov 7 - Camden, NJ - BB&T Pavilion
    Nov 8 - Boston, MA - Agganis Arena
    Nov 10 - Portland, ME - Cross Insurance Arena
    Nov 11 - Albany, NY - Times Union Center
    Nov 12 - Syracuse, NY - Oncenter War Memorial Arena
    Nov 14 - Montreal, QC - Place Bell
    Nov 15 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
    Nov 17 - Pittsburgh, PA - Petersen Events Center
    Nov 18 - Cleveland, OH - Wolstein Center
    Nov 19 - Newport, KY - BB&T Arena
    Nov 21 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre
    Nov 22 - Grand Rapids, MI - DeltaPlex Arena
    Nov 24 - Chicago, IL - UIC Pavilion
    Nov 25 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center
    Nov 28 - Spokane, WA - Spokane Arena
    Nov 30 - Vancouver, BC - Pacific Coliseum
    Dec 1 - Seattle, WA - KeyArena
    Dec 2 - Portland, OR - Veteran's Memorial Coliseum
    Dec 4 - Eugene, OR - Matthew Knight Arena

The Beta Machine are opening.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 06-19-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tool and APC in the same year?? What a year!!!! It was my first time seeing Tool, and if I get get tickets, it will be a first too for APC!

ohman ohman ohman ohman

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah Nov 30, it's on.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Why the fuck is there no atlanta date? I don't care if they were just here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    11/11, and 11/12 two APC shows within 2 hours of my house. . . I'm so fucking sick of being a responsible adult with no money in the budget for fun things. . .

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Won't have any dates close to me here but I'm thrilled to see them keeping it going -- the spring tour had an energy and excitement to it that I was worried would get lost in another long break, so this is a good sign that they're all into it again. I'm sure it'll be a killer tour.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Yeah Nov 30, it's on.
    Finally, a concert with October_midnight! It's going to be amazing!!

I hope APC doesn't install seats on the ground of their area shows.
    Anyone know if there will be an open floor on these shows?
    Last edited by ManBurning; 06-19-2017 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Skipped Tool on the grounds of no new setlist and our new mortgage bleeding me bone dry, but I can drop a few bills for this lol.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I hope APC doesn't install seats on the ground of their area shows.
    Anyone know if there will be an open floor on these shows?
    All the provided seating charts on TM imply there will be floor seating. I'm not sure what they did for the Spring shows, but I really can't see them doing GA floor.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Grandpa Maynard and friends strike again with their seats.

I'm seriously considering VIP for this show if there is a VIP option. I've never paid for a VIP event from any band before. I'm curious to experience it at least once.
    For the right price of course. Those TOOL VIP packages are out of this world expensive. I'd be willing to drop up to $350 on a VIP experience, but anything more than that is insane.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just a pair of decent floor seats will suffice for me. Last time I saw APC was for the three shows in Seattle (album each night) so nothing will ever compare to being 5 feet from the band, but hoping we can get close enough seats.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I was at the Seattle show as well, for the MDN night anyway. Was an awesome show, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Don't these tour dates fall in line with Maynard usually concentrating/doing stuff with the vineyard?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Nah, he always goes on tour in the fall. Last 2 times Puscifer came to town it's been in November/December.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Grandpa Maynard and friends strike again with their seats.

I'm seriously considering VIP for this show if there is a VIP option. I've never paid for a VIP event from any band before. I'm curious to experience it at least once.
    For the right price of course. Those TOOL VIP packages are out of this world expensive. I'd be willing to drop up to $350 on a VIP experience, but anything more than that is insane.

Yeah, there should be both a Caduceus Wine Tasting VIP as well as a Billy Howerdel M&G VIP options. I don't think either of those should be as much as what TOOL were charging.

And maybe some venues will be GA; the Grand Rapids show will have a GA floor according to the ticketing site.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    A pair on the floor, Row 2. That was surprisingly easy.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    That was single-handedly the WORST concert ticket buying experience of my life. I'm on a school bus in the middle of the woods in Quebec on my way to the Montebello rockfest. The site was slow as shit from the getgo, I had it ready to go well, well in advance and as 10am (1pm here) hit, the site just stopped working.

If that's not enough, by the time I did get tickets I was stuck with row 36... then I went to fill out the form, and it timed out on me. So I had to start from scratch, thankfully the same tickets became available, but I went through all the steps again and then I got caught on that stupid mastercard secure verify code page... some stupid bullshit security measure of some banks. And I guessed a few and got it wrong. So I called the number on the card to get assistance, and the lady couldn't hear me cuz I was in bum-fuck nowhere Quebec... we were disconnected and the timer ran out, AGAIN!

3rd times a charm, I go through all the bullshit again and finally get to the end and I got stuck with row 37... urgh... what bullshit.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    I had no idea AM used an additional/different wrapper. Makes sense, though. Do you know on a tech spec level if M4P simply copies the existing audio stream out of the iTunes Store AAC?.
    If you have iTunes Match, you can get the DRM-free .m4a versions (or purchase individual releases, obviously). From what I've been able to find, it should be the same 256 AAC stream inside of a different wrapper depending on what services you have.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love how literally every single floor ticket was either instantly sold out at 10:00 or i can pay $400 for one and a shitty "VIP" experience. Bands who take literally no effort at all to prevent scalpers from buying up all their tickets can go fuck themselves. Just like when NIN performed here in El Paso, the venue will be half empty, in large part due to shit like this. Oh well.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    scalpers are awesome, how else are you going to get $10 tickets on day of show?

source: APC @ Hollywood Bowl 2017

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My hatred for those kinds of people kinda out weighs my desire to put my money in their pocket, even if it is to see a band I really like. Regardless, a floor ticket popped up like 15 minutes after I wrote that so ignore my saltiness .

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I MIGHT go to the Chicago show. If I do it'll be via some jamoke over-valuing APC large venue tours.

And its it's pretty cool to hand pick your seats.

Definitely NOT advocating for scalpers, but they have some benefits from time to time.