Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Not The Actual Events - Physical Edition variations

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    How many of you guys not opening it for collectibility/whatever have dealt with expired makeup before?

Enjoy your goo!
    I wish I ordered a second copy just for keeping it cherry.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I fucked around with some of my scans. Here are the more interesting ones.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I mean, it kind of (completely) dulled my excitement for it. I'm sad I couldn't really enjoy the opening of it. But I have it, so that's all that really matters.
    i know, boo, i was just giving you a hard time. i'm really sorry that it ruined the experience for you because it's really a cool and unique accompaniment to the music. maybe when a bit of time has passed, you'll be able to look at them with enjoyment...euphoria, even?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Here's mine:

1) The whole set

2-a) TR/AR & Branches/Bones front

2-b) TR/AR & Branches/Bones back

3-a) Dear World, & She's Gone Away front

3-b) Dear World, & She's Gone Away back

4-a) The Idea Of You & Burning Bright front

4-b) The Idea Of You & Burning Bright back

5-a) Credits front

5-b) Credits back

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Dude your dirt is the best I've seen so far. ^

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    How many of you guys not opening it for collectibility/whatever have dealt with expired makeup before?

Enjoy your goo!
    Keeping my copy sealed.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I honestly don't get keeping it sealed. The contents inside are meant to be seen and experienced. If you're going to try to preserve anything, at least take the contents out and get them framed so you can enjoy them. I like the sticker and the envelope, but it's definitely not as cool as the contents inside it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I haven't opened mine yet, but only because I haven't yet had the time to deal with the mess I heard some people have tried using spray "fixer" to preserve some of the black powder. That doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    The bolded lines are what's on the lyric sheet but not sung.
    Or, if they are, I can't hear it at all, please correct me if I'm wrong.

now I know for certain
    shedding any
    burn motherfucker

like an end
    like an end
    like the fucking end
    like the end

Also: it's getting hard to know which side is the dream

The first and third bolded sections are included in the lyrics of the nin.com mp3 version of the song, but the second is only on the lyrics sheet in the physical component.
    Thanks, added.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I haven't opened mine, mostly because I'm not sure I want to deal with the mess it's going to make. I don't usually keep things sealed, but I don't want to make a mess all over my carpet either.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yep, keeping mine sealed till i figure the best way of framing it all.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I haven't opened mine, mostly because I'm not sure I want to deal with the mess it's going to make. I don't usually keep things sealed, but I don't want to make a mess all over my carpet either.
    I thought the same at first but it really wasn't nearly as bad as I feared it would. Yes my hands got pretty black, but I put some paper towels on my table before opening it and all the dirt that came off was only on the paper. Nothing got on the table/carpet/my legs.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Just put on latex gloves and open it outside then. Easy.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Dude your dirt is the best I've seen so far. ^
    For some reason, I didn't think of the word dirt to describe the powder or dust, which in turn reminded me of the "My empire of dirt." lyric from Hurt. I know that this is more of a Random NIN Thoughts type of post, but you saying that got me thinking about that particular line. It also reminded me about "The ashes and debris." from Non-Entity and the "Peel off our skin, we're gonna burn what we were to the ground. Fuck in the fire and we'll spread all the ashes around." from Sunspots. (Along with any other song that refers to fire and burning.)

This certainly makes it all the more interesting, as the dirt/dust/powder has been adding to all sorts of possible interpretations concerning Not The Actual Events. Trent Reznor has certainly done it again.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=paul_guyet;345469]I fucked around with some of my scans. Here are the more interesting ones.

Dude. Are those lyrics smudges on the right side from The Downward Spiral? If so- that's fucking cool as shit.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @Destruct26 yes, the Reptile lyrics on the She's Gone Away sheets is actually an overlay of the lyric sheets from TDS, complete with remants of the artwork and all.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    @Destruct26 yes, the Reptile lyrics on the She's Gone Away sheets is actually an overlay of the lyric sheets from TDS, complete with remants of the artwork and all.
    I knew about the reptile lyrics- those are on the left; i was speaking of the smudged lyrics on the RIGHT which look like the lyrics of the song 'The downward spiral' you can make them out a little bit.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruct26 View Post
    I knew about the reptile lyrics- those are on the left; i was speaking of the smudged lyrics on the RIGHT which look like the lyrics of the song 'The downward spiral' you can make them out a little bit.
    I'm aware of that and it's what I was saying, sorry if I fumbled my words. It looks like a direct scan from that page of the booklet.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm aware of that and it's what I was saying, sorry if I fumbled my words. It looks like a direct scan from that page of the booklet.
    Yeah thats def. a direct scan. Cool shit- can't wait to get mine!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruct26 View Post
    Yeah thats def. a direct scan. Cool shit- can't wait to get mine!!
    Its a scan from DE booklet... See http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...092#post345092
    Last edited by bwary; 03-09-2017 at 03:46 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    ok, my 2nd came today, but it was the same as my 1st one so i'll not bother posting more pics, so i guess i have a swap available, if anyone has a duplicate of a different set?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I wish I had one of those crime lab computers that does pattern matching so I could find out what part of the TDS cover artwork the Dear World background is! I'm pretty sure it's part of the TDS cover/back cover (vs. a similar rehash). I've looked and looked at the zoomed in close ups from Robs re-photographing (available here), but I'm not able to definitively match the markers. Maybe someone else will spot it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bwary View Post
    I wish I had one of those crime lab computers that does pattern matching so I could find out what part of the TDS cover artwork the Dear World background is! I'm pretty sure it's part of the TDS cover/back cover (vs. a similar rehash). I've looked and looked at the zoomed in close ups from Robs re-photographing (available here), but I'm not able to definitively match the markers. Maybe someone else will spot it.
    Interesting thought. I had the understanding that "She's Gone Away" was the only track based on another.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Still waiting for my one in Barcelona, Spain to arrive.
    I wonder if there is just a back log...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Enjoy your goo!
    So, you mention "goo". That is what I got sort of. While many received dust, mine is cakey clumps that need to be scraped off. When opening the envelope, the cards needed to be pryed out. lots of cakey debris inside. Looks like craters in the envelope from fluid drops on the dust. At first I attributed it to being in hot, humid Florida, then I saw the fluid marks.

I did order 2 sets, 1 within the first hour of availability, another in late January when it came back for sale. Both arrived the same day at 2 separate addresses.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I might not be from the TDS artwork, it might just be photograph of gauze. Or perhaps gauze from a different Russell Mills artwork (I think some of the work from Cargo in the Blood might have incorporated gauze)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    I might not be from the TDS artwork, it might just be photograph of gauze. Or perhaps gauze from a different Russell Mills artwork (I think some of the work from Cargo in the Blood might have incorporated gauze)
    If you're talking about the "She's Gone Away" sheet than it is 100% from the DE version of TDS.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    If you're talking about the "She's Gone Away" sheet than it is 100% from the DE version of TDS.
    No I was referring to this message:

"I wish I had one of those crime lab computers that does pattern matching so I could find out what part of the TDS cover artwork the Dear World background is! I'm pretty sure it's part of the TDS cover/back cover (vs. a similar rehash). I've looked and looked at the zoomed in close ups from Robs re-photographing (available here), but I'm not able to definitively match the markers. Maybe someone else will spot it."

...But didn't apparently remember to hit "Reply by quote"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got mine today, what an awesome work of art!
    Will frame them all, and I'm going to try leaving the dirt on them, they're much more interesting that way!

I got the violet credits card, the logo in the back is really faint, but I realized you can see it much better if you put a strong light behind it.