Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Social Network (2010)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

The Social Network (2010)

Just starting the obligatory thread to discuss this masterpiece of a soundtrack.
    Let's hear it for Trent and Atticus...wooooo, they're good!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Woo! I really enjoyed their rendition of In the Hall of the Mountain King. The original is fun by itself, and their version adds an edgy digital era feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They were spot on. A movie about Facebook really can't be that dark, but Fincher, Reznor, and Atticus found a way. Perfect score and great flick.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'd like to buy the soundtrack BD. Can someone upload some scans here? I'd really like to see the package. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Social Network BD (not the soundtrack BD) for $.9.99 at Amazon as part of Black Friday Sale: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rd_i=384082011

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I loved most if not all the pieces of music from this soundtrack, I thought it fit the film very nicely. I have even used some of the pieces (In Motion, Magnetic and Almost Home - just to mention a few) in some of my running / fitness workout playlists.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laci View Post
    I'd like to buy the soundtrack BD. Can someone upload some scans here? I'd really like to see the package. Thanks in advance!
    It's almost exactly the same as the CD, but nincat has it all http://www.nincatalog.com/item.asp?key=01-90472

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    saw the movie last night (again) and really loved the score. My all-time favorite score was Tangerine Dream's score to the best Michael Mann movie ever-his first, "Thief". They also did Sorcerer which was a remake of a movie from the 40's I think. I think seeing Thief and hearing Gary Numan got me into making music. Eagerly await hearing sountrack to GWDT and HTDA and whatever comes next.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Honestly, I think TSN soundtrack is some of Trent's best work. It's more focused then Ghosts but doesn't lose it's best ambient qualities and it's more layered then The Slip without losing it's delicate production.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    I wish they had made a 24bit download available along with the BD/CD/vinyl formats. The 16bit version has sync errors in between each track (yes, on the CD too).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Been putting off watching this movie as I was sure it couldn't be that good - but checked it last night and to be fair - it was pretty good;

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Are the official soundtrack and the "For your Consideration" disc different or is it just the different title names and track 12 "Dinner with Sean" ?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thetourist View Post
    Are the official soundtrack and the "For your Consideration" disc different or is it just the different title names and track 12 "Dinner with Sean" ?
    The official soundtrack expands on every track and combines a few bits and pieces into a coherent track, so it's a somewhat different listening experience. The Ghosts reprises and the Grieg composition are missing as well.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quick question. I have never noticed the voices talking during Eventually We Find Our Way...starting at 2:47. You can barely hear them on headphones. Any ideas?? Sorry, a little late if this has already been mentioned. Never heard the voices until now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Quick question. I have never noticed the voices talking during Eventually We Find Our Way...starting at 2:47. You can barely hear them on headphones. Any ideas?? Sorry, a little late if this has already been mentioned. Never heard the voices until now.
    I think I might've heard the word 'defendant' so it could be audio from the film?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I love the Score, but I can´t listen to it without watching the movie.
    TSN is great and Reznors Tunes are as necessary as the story in this movie, but without the movie itself, the music isn´t working.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    TSN feels more aggressive musically than TGWTDT...granted, two different films and overall feels...

What I love about the TSN soundtrack and the movie itself is that whenever I watch it, I can get really sucked in via the music and makes the movie so much better.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So I randomly decided to search The Social Network on Spotify...found this:

The Original Movies Orchestra – The Social Network (Main Themes From The Movie)

Click and listen for a good laugh. Who knew "Complication with Optimistic Outcome" was a main theme?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothInc View Post
    I love the Score, but I can´t listen to it without watching the movie.
    TSN is great and Reznors Tunes are as necessary as the story in this movie, but without the movie itself, the music isn´t working.
    I vehemently disagree. I've only seen the film once, in theaters, whereas the soundtrack has had countless plays on its own and means quite a bit to me. It's extremely evocative and I believe once I see Dragon Tattoo I'll eventually split my connection with the soundtrack from that film as well.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thetourist View Post
    For Your Consideration

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    I vehemently disagree. I've only seen the film once, in theaters, whereas the soundtrack has had countless plays on its own and means quite a bit to me. It's extremely evocative and I believe once I see Dragon Tattoo I'll eventually split my connection with the soundtrack from that film as well.
    I agree with this. I don't need the movie to make a connection to any of the music. In fact I could not give a shit about the movie. I bought TSN soundtrack as a stand alone piece, and will do so for TGWTDT too. If I make a connection with, or if the music moves me then that's all I need. Watching a movie to see how the music fits has no interest to me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Soft Trees Break The Fucking Fall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I wish they had made a 24bit download available along with the BD/CD/vinyl formats. The 16bit version has sync errors in between each track (yes, on the CD too).
    sync errors?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcl View Post
    sync errors?
    There were weird glitchy noises at the ends of each track that messed up the transition, I think. I never noticed it, but I don't have really high-end equipment, either.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    I vehemently disagree. I've only seen the film once, in theaters, whereas the soundtrack has had countless plays on its own and means quite a bit to me.
    Similar here. I put my order in for the soundtrack the day it was announced, but I didn't even bother with the movie until Netflix had the disc available. Watched it once, and while it was good, I probably won't watch it again. The CD for the soundtrack, however, is still in my car and has been played more times than I can count while driving through the night.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I finally just bought the 5.1 Bluray from nullco.com w00t!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I found out the other day that two tracks from The Social Network made their way onto the Drive soundtrack (not the CD but the film only).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    I found out the other day that two tracks from The Social Network made their way onto the Drive soundtrack (not the CD but the film only).
    This was only in the pirated workprint version, not the theatrical or dvd/blu-ray releases.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Collectors, prepare your bank accounts http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Signed-She...#ht_1688wt_960

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Collectors, prepare your bank accounts http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Signed-She...#ht_1688wt_960
    How did I miss this!