Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2013.04.28 - Montclair, NJ @ Wellmont Theatre

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't know about you guys, but I think I'm gonna wait after the show for the slight chance to meet TR. NIN in arena tours makes it impossible, but if I ever had a chance it'd be tomorrow, see you guys by the tour bus after the show haha

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just found out this morning that my wife can't make it to the show tonight. I have an extra presale ticket if anyone is interested. Just PM me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    12 hours from now , I'll be right in the middle of an awesome show.....the countdown starts! I'll try to document some of the stuff on twitter, follow me @burnt_bridge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm down to wait. who knows when we'll have another chance to meet the band, especially at such a small venue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For whoever's interested, Im not going to be able to get there in time tonight for the NJ show, so I have an extra print at home GA ticket for free. Its not a presale one. Let me know and I'll send the link.

Im going to the apollo one anyway

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Just found out this morning that my wife can't make it to the show tonight. I have an extra presale ticket if anyone is interested. Just PM me.
    Free to a good home...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Only about 20 people in line....where to stand..rail or soundboard ?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by downward View Post
    Only about 20 people in line....where to stand..rail or soundboard ?
    Do you want to see a glimpse of Trent's thong? Then rail.
    Do you want to hear and see everything perfectly? Then soundboard.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Waiting in the presale line. Still have a free ticket with no takers...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    No security patdown. This is the venue to stealth record.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 04-28-2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Farts.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    I hate you all...
    What poster do they have this evening? I am hearing Eyeball, just want to be sure. Enjoy your show folks, I hear the Wellmont Theater is very nice!
    Last edited by heavenly_bearded; 05-01-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Indeed eyeball. Got a signed one after dealing with the wait to be signed debacle. Amazing show. Good to meet a few of you.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    A quickie from Ice age. Such an amazing performance by Mariqueen... she was in tears with such an emotional resonance. Fucking brilliant show, but no band intros this go around.

Sadly, this is my last one for a while.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Thanks to @nin64 for upgrading me to his extra presale! Helped to ensure a signed poster for another ETSer.

And apparently typing on an iPhone isn't a good idea for liking posts. Sorry @ThinkIcouldburn
    Last edited by jessamineny; 04-28-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Thanks to @nin64 for upgrading me to his extra presale! Helped to ensure a signed poster for another ETSer.

And apparently typing on an iPhone isn't a good idea for liking posts. Sorry @ThinkIcouldburn
    If I had the ability to like your post a thousand times over...

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Speechless!
    Met some good people!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Very cool show, prob about 20 fans waited by the bus after but we just got the quick cold shoulder (not even a wave Trent?!) no big deal though, they got kids on the tour bus so thats where the priority is. Loved the visuals I stood right in front of the soundboard, not sure if it was just the spot or the venue in whole but it sounded really good. A great show but I don't know, I just didn't feel the magic in the air like I have any time I've seen NIN. Cool to see Trent as a sidekick and not the front man, but I'm ready for NIN's return, this was a very nice way to bridge the gap though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I could've been rail but my gut said to go to the soundboard and boy was it right. I ended up standing next to some cool guys from Philly that knew as much as I did about NIN/HTDA and this made the time go by quickly waiting for the show. I didn't watch the Coachella stuff because I wanted to be surprised and I'm glad I didn't because it was truely an awesome show. The sound at the Wellmont was fantastic but if there was one complaint.....HDTA was kinda quiet. Other than that they provided an Sonic/Visual delite that no recording can reproduce so I'm glad I made the 2 Hr trip from Wilkes Barre PA to Montclair NJ.....it was worth it

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    amazing show. i did notice a video camera centerstage above the soundboard. not sure if the welmont records all of their shows and/or if its available or not.

diiv was actually pretty decent. never listened to them before.

i was right behind the soundboard as well. did anyone see the one guy playing world of warcraft or something and not even paying attention to the show?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Last night was great, but I needed a little time to process everything. A friend of mine and I made a two and a half hour drive for the show. We got there super early, and tooled around town for a while. When we finally made it to the venue we were only about 15 people from the door in the presale line. Waiting in line for a signed poster was unexpected, but no worries. It was nice to meet @UninTY , @ThinkIcouldburn , and @jessamineny . I'm Glad I could help you with the extra ticket @jessamineny ! I really enjoyed the live set. I like the EP, and the album, but seeing them live made it all seem more real. I feel that I will have a deeper appreciation for this music from now on. I really envy people who were able to catch multiple dates on this tour. I'm also sad for those who can't catch even one. This was something special. It's difficult to explain, and it must be seen live to understand. I tried not to complain about anything from last night, but I do have to point out the rudeness from parts of the crowd. There was a interesting mix of fans, people wanting to try something new, and clueless mouth breathers. Somehow I found myself surrounded by people with no concert etiquette for the last half of the set. There were people having LOUD conversations about menial bullshit during the quietest parts of the songs. As the music became louder they would increase the volume of their voices as if the music was inconveniencing them. Another group of jerks were arguing about how many more drinks one had over the other during Strings and Attractors. There was a shrill woman behind me that was told at one point to shut up. Her response was, "it's okay; they already played my favorite song!" Last but not least, at the encore a man who looked and smelled homeless popped up next to me. No exaggeration, he was smoking crack. Crack. Literally he was squatting down on the floor, taking a hit from a stem, getting up and wigging out for a bit, three minutes later, squat, repeat. . . There were more crowd assholes, but I digress. . . All that aside It was great night, and a fun trip.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Last but not least, at the encore a man who looked and smelled homeless popped up next to me. No exaggeration, he was smoking crack. Crack. Literally he was squatting down on the floor, taking a hit from a stem, getting up and wigging out for a bit, three minutes later, squat, repeat. . ..
    Sorry about that, sometimes I can't go a few hours without a hit

Seriously though, thank you so much for getting Jess in there early, I'm sure she appreciated it, I do as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone have an idea of what was played between Diiv and HTDA? I think I caught Bahaus and MBV.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Did she just start crying? Did she finish it?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    amazing show. i did notice a video camera centerstage above the soundboard. not sure if the welmont records all of their shows and/or if its available or not.

that's the Wellmont/Bowery Presents. not available, not yet at least.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    Did she just start crying? Did she finish it?
    I believe she's cried at a few other performances as well. She also grips the mic stand tightly, shaking. I think she is channeling something very emotional in order to achieve the desired vocal delivery for Ice Age. She didn't break down or anything, just faltered a little bit with the timing and delivery at a couple spots. I was directly in front of her at the rail, and seeing her put this much effort into the song was inspiring.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I had a hard time hearing Mariqueen while she was talking to the crowd before A Drowning. Did anyone hear her clearly?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The only thing that she said was how it was an important show for them because they were at the end of their tour, and Trent said Thank You twice throughout the night, that was it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kbo View Post
    Does anyone have an idea of what was played between Diiv and HTDA? I think I caught Bahaus and MBV.
    New David Bowie

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    A lot of The Soft Moon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Seems like I am the only one who found it stange to see her cry during her first song alone after opening up the stage.. The way she was standing there, not moving at all and then starting to shake.. i found those moments very uncomfortable.. it didn't feel natural, it felt like she kept telling herself that now is the time to cry.
    But overall a great show.. Especially the light show kicked ass! I am not quite sure how i like those fitted dress shirts on trent thou... but what can you do...