Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Live Archive, Audio/Video Recording Thread - Download Links

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    24 years on, this tape is played for the first time, transferred and uploaded to the archive. Hands down, this is the best recording pre 1994 of Nine Inch Nails. Big thanks to ellaguru for transferring and Teddy Ballgame for taping this show way back when! 2nd day of Lollapalooza at Shoreline Amphitheater. Talk about dedication by Teddy holding up the mic stand for the whole set, and entire day of music!

Nine Inch Nails: July 27, 1991, Mountain View, CA, Shoreline Amphitheater

Download here: http://ninlive.com/shows/1991/19910727.html

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Hello all,

Just thought I would post about what's coming on the archive. Right now, I am in the process of transferring a bunch of videos of NIN performances. Not sure when it will happen, but there will be a NIN Video drive in the future. In the last few days, I have ripped 44 videos and it already takes up about 140GB... I know there are a few hundred sources. So this thing is going to get massive.

If you have filmed NIN/HTDA in the past and want to donate your raw footage to the archive (or DVD copy) I would love to add it! Also, I am in need of adding information for each source if anyone has a detailed list of specifics for each recording.

As I did not really collect many videos (because hard drive space was limited for me when I first started collecting) I need a lot of help in this department. Please email me if you would like to help. Thanks for looking.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Hello all,

Just thought I would post about what's coming on the archive. Right now, I am in the process of transferring a bunch of videos of NIN performances. Not sure when it will happen, but there will be a NIN Video drive in the future. In the last few days, I have ripped 44 videos and it already takes up about 140GB... I know there are a few hundred sources. So this thing is going to get massive.

If you have filmed NIN/HTDA in the past and want to donate your raw footage to the archive (or DVD copy) I would love to add it! Also, I am in need of adding information for each source if anyone has a detailed list of specifics for each recording.

As I did not really collect many videos (because hard drive space was limited for me when I first started collecting) I need a lot of help in this department. Please email me if you would like to help. Thanks for looking.
    Come again ? did I read RAW footage ? You are collecting best quality available ? GREAT.
    I would remind you that when the big european summer streaming sessions, we had one show on the biggest quality ever, ripped from dish before recoding for streaming, I lost that drive and would like to preserve such amazing quality. I was talking to you then and you answered "wow I cannot host that kind of files".

PS: I dunno what type you are collecting but I obviously own several french multicams projects: Nimes2009, Paris2013 and Paris2014, also I must own the only (also stable & hidef) raw footage available for June 01, 2014 – Toulouse, France, Le Zenith and Apr 29, 2013 – New York, NY, The Apollo Theater note that the video for toulouse is amazing (more that 3 songs of it appears on paris2014) but audio is not so good, that's why I haven't sent it to you before.
    Last edited by ninjaw; 03-07-2016 at 04:59 AM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Come again ? did I read RAW footage ? You are collecting best quality available ? GREAT.
    I would remind you that when the big european summer streaming sessions, we had one show on the biggest quality ever, ripped from dish before recoding for streaming, I lost that drive and would like to preserve such amazing quality. I was talking to you then and you answered "wow I cannot host that kind of files".

PS: I dunno what type you are collecting but I obviously own several french multicams projects: Nimes2009, Paris2013 and Paris2014, also I must own the only (also stable & hidef) raw footage available for June 01, 2014 – Toulouse, France, Le Zenith and Apr 29, 2013 – New York, NY, The Apollo Theater note that the video for toulouse is amazing (more that 3 songs of it appears on paris2014) but audio is not so good, that's why I haven't sent it to you before.
    Yes, just because I am collecting raw footage doesn't mean it will make it onto the website. I still don't know a great way to implement such large downloads. Of course I am collecting the best quality available for each recording. That is the purpose of an archive. Nothing has changed since the summer of 2013. Just because it's not on the website doesn't mean I haven't collected it myself. I still have it on one of the few dozen hard drives I have around here. Right now I am trying to get 2x 8TB drives in order to hold all of the video files in one drive, with a proper backup.

Regardless of quality, I'd like to gather whatever anyone may have. Even if you don't think it's up to par, there are shows with no audio sources and a full (or incomplete) video recording would be fantastic to fill in the gaps.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I am curious as to which front-end/plug-in was used to calculate the REPLAYGAIN values for the various shows?
    Last edited by Jon; 03-20-2016 at 02:01 PM. Reason: grammuuuuur

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I am curious as to which front-end/plug-in was used to calculate the REPLAYGAIN values for the various shows?
    Huh? Im curious, but I don't know what your talking about.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Downloading the 1991 video. This should be interesting.

EDIT: It's a really nice bit of history. A crystal-clear version of this would've been some of the coolest shit ever.

The roughest parts of the video are like "why did glitch-art era Rob Sheridan direct this?"
    Last edited by FernandoDante; 04-26-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Wow that quality is just awful !! but interesting, no way a tape can be so damaged, i bet there's some player issues.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Also I see you're mentioning a 16mn 95.8MB MP4 video for July 11, 1990, Washington, DC, 9:30 Club that's odd because the freely downloadable video is a 18mn 484MB MOV and the low quality is 18mn 91.8MB MP4 video.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Wow that quality is just awful !! but interesting, no way a tape can be so damaged, i bet there's some player issues.
    Believe it. If you read the text file, you would know that these tapes (Actually a 3/4" reel) were sent off to a professional AV company who specialize in AV restoration for archival purposes. I bet they maximized what they got out of the tape. These might have been filmed over, erased, etc. and not a clean new reel. I asked to see if I could get the tapes in order to see what I can do, but there is a lot of red tape and most of the time they (the DC public library) do not let materials such as this leave their site.

The audio is not terrible. A little bit of flutter. But this is better than nothing. *shrugs shoulders* *rolls eyes*

Also I see you're mentioning a 16mn 95.8MB MP4 video for July 11, 1990, Washington, DC, 9:30 Club that's odd because the freely downloadable video is a 18mn 484MB MOV and the low quality is 18mn 91.8MB MP4 video.
    I have the full video. The audio cuts out during 'Sanctified.' But I have not put it up on the site. As this isn't something that is that big of an upgrade.

I should be getting the full res video files, which are about 13GB each. I'll be able to get the audio rips of these thanks to @TheBang once I do. They might make a bit of a bump in quality. But the rips of these mp4 files they sent me should suffice for now.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I skimmed through the video just to see what it was like. The glitches actually added to the performance in my opinion. It seemed like the more intense the music got, the more warped and glitchy the footage became. Definitely an interesting side effect. Also, I love Trent saying "Clap, you fuckers!".

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Very interesting to see what it was like back then for a NIN show, atleast when the video quality gets better. Ringfinger sounds awesome live. Also, is that Lee Mars playing 3rd guitar during Head Like a Hole?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I have the full video. The audio cuts out during 'Sanctified.' But I have not put it up on the site. As this isn't something that is that big of an upgrade.
    I should be getting the full res video files, which are about 13GB each. I'll be able to get the audio rips of these thanks to @TheBang once I do. They might make a bit of a bump in quality. But the rips of these mp4 files they sent me should suffice for now.
    I don't get it, you're saying that the file you're hosting is not the nin's downloadable version ?

PS: I just made an instagram of Trent climbing up stage and grabbing Richard during solo with legs, because it was so cool :
    http://www.instagram.com/p/BE0m4P6rRjb

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I don't get it, you're saying that the file you're hosting is not the nin's downloadable version ?
    Correct. The new version will be up soon that is sourced straight from the 3/4" video master. The version that NIN has is definitely the 1/2" copy that 9:30 club recorded and given out to the band if they want it.

I've been busy gathering ticket stubs and since there really isn't anything new about this source, I'll more than likely get to it this weekend.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I was just notified about this recording up on YouTube. Basically, it starts off with Trent talking to the camera to a fan named Michele who wrote fanmail to the band. She couldn't make it to a few shows as they were sold out and since she missed them, Trent sent her a VHS tape with the performance from 04/11/1990 NYC, The Ritz that the band recorded. Audio is from the camera, but the video is the full stage! Real nice! At the end, it also has the Down In It music video and some more talking from Trent. Pretty cool to see! I hope that I can get a copy of this for the archive. The audio recordings that I have are good, but this video is pretty much awesome.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I was just notified about this recording up on YouTube. Basically, it starts off with Trent talking to the camera to a fan named Michele who wrote fanmail to the band. She couldn't make it to a few shows as they were sold out and since she missed them, Trent sent her a VHS tape with the performance from 04/11/1990 NYC, The Ritz that the band recorded. Audio is from the camera, but the video is the full stage! Real nice! At the end, it also has the Down In It music video and some more talking from Trent. Pretty cool to see! I hope that I can get a copy of this for the archive. The audio recordings that I have are good, but this video is pretty much awesome.

This is cool

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

I already saw the guy touching himself at the end somewhere ?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Is the existence of this site in jeopardy at all?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Why would it be? Nobody is making money from it

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    No. I have had talks with Rob in the past about the site. Trent stated to him that this site was another way that they could 'interact' more with the fans and bring the artist/fan base closer together. @kdrcraig is correct, I run this site 100% out of pocket. There is no exchange of any goods on the site, it's strictly an archive site. I've had support from Trent and management in different ways about the site.

Don't think it did not cross my mind in the last few weeks with all the talk. I guess if it happened, I'd say it was a good run. I'd be real sad for it to go with how much work I put into it. But, that's life. But I would respect the wishes of the artist if all of a sudden they wanted to switch gears.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    No. I have had talks with Rob in the past about the site. Trent stated to him that this site was another way that they could 'interact' more with the fans and bring the artist/fan base closer together. @kdrcraig is correct, I run this site 100% out of pocket. There is no exchange of any goods on the site, it's strictly an archive site. I've had support from Trent and management in different ways about the site.

Don't think it did not cross my mind in the last few weeks with all the talk. I guess if it happened, I'd say it was a good run. I'd be real sad for it to go with how much work I put into it. But, that's life. But I would respect the wishes of the artist if all of a sudden they wanted to switch gears.
    This is great to hear, but what has "all the talk" been?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barkhammer View Post
    This is great to hear, but what has "all the talk" been?
    About commercial enterprises (which the archive is clearly NOT) profiting from artists' work without proper payment or clearance.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Not sure where else to put this. Back in 2013, someone made artwork to go along with most of the festival downloads, and the rehearsal audio. Are those images still available somewhere? I have a few of them but am missing a lot of the festival dates. Whomever did them did a good job, they look really cool. This is one of them:

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Not sure where else to put this. Back in 2013, someone made artwork to go along with most of the festival downloads, and the rehearsal audio. Are those images still available somewhere? I have a few of them but am missing a lot of the festival dates. Whomever did them did a good job, they look really cool. This is one of them:

*image*
    If you download each festival date on ninlive, these artworks are available in each download folder. I also think if you go through this thread, there was a flickr link of all the shows. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that. But the artwork is fantastic.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    If you download each festival date on ninlive, these artworks are available in each download folder. I also think if you go through this thread, there was a flickr link of all the shows. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that. But the artwork is fantastic.
    Found it, thanks!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Feels good to be updating the archive with fresh '2017' pages! More coming soon.

@trollmanen You have the link to that flickr account with artwork? Would love to link that on the site.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I've had been in works getting this tape up on the archive for 6 months! This is a rare early show of NIN supporting Jesus and Mary Chain in Knoxville, Tennessee on February 24th, 1990! Thanks to Skot for emailing me about unearthing this tape from his storage. His friend, Trevor Blake, recorded this one and Skot happened to have the master tape! The recording is stellar for it's time and I am so stoked to add it to the archive! After the jump, you can download it on the archive! Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD: http://www.ninlive.com/shows/1990/19900224.html

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I've had been in works getting this tape up on the archive for 6 months! This is a rare early show of NIN supporting Jesus and Mary Chain in Knoxville, Tennessee on February 24th, 1990! Thanks to Skot for emailing me about unearthing this tape from his storage. His friend, Trevor Blake, recorded this one and Skot happened to have the master tape! The recording is stellar for it's time and I am so stoked to add it to the archive! After the jump, you can download it on the archive! Enjoy!

Hello,just to report that for strange reasons, that news came 13h ago on feedly.com however I witnessed at the time taht your rss was updated.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    hey guys, it was indeed me who did all the artwork for the 2013 shows back then. just unearthed my old flickr account, feel free to archive these as I almost forgot about them myself.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/99154504@N05/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I cant remember, did they play that extended outro on Thats What I Get on any of the other shows from this tour?

(IMO that track is underrated)