Page 86 of 150 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 4490

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Probably best tbh... reschedule into smaller venues like they should've done. The bad press with D'arcy hurt them a lot too i think. Bummer.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Probably best tbh... reschedule into smaller venues like they should've done. The bad press with D'arcy hurt them a lot too i think. Bummer.
    I don't think it's to do with the bad press, but more to do with D'arcy not being there. I think THAT hurt them much more than some name calling. Many fans were already burned by 2008's anniversary tour, which was originally touted a reunion, but then wasn't one. It was also slammed by many. I think fans have caught on to Billy's shenanigans. Fans don't feel this is a true reunion either without all 4 of them. We already got the Billy and Jimmy greatest hits tour and that barely sold as well. Plus Billy kinda blew the excitement of this tour by already having James join him on stage. Yeah, it was only for a few shows, but that excitement and surprise is sorta gone now. What Billy and co. need is a damn good song. He should release something soon. But these arena shows was a terrible idea. I don’t know who he surrounds himself with telling him this was a good idea. As I said, screw the whole BS anniversary angle since for most people the band wasn't a band until the release of Gish, so adhering to this schedule to meet their formation anniversary is silly. Should have spent 2018 just meeting up, chilling, and playing. The falling out with D'arcy probably wouldn't have happened if Billy didn't rush this tour so soon and spent that time just being a band. That way they could have discussed this eventual tour details in person. But Billy and the Pumpkins name hasn't produced a real hit song in the last 18 years.
    Last edited by neorev; 03-07-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    From the comments section: “I am noticing suddenly that 1000s of tickets are disappearing and venues that were stacked with tickets one day....sold out the next. Think they are buying out the tickets themselves.”

^^^ I went onto TM the other day and noticed the same thing. No way in hell all those tickets just suddenly sold. Maybe they started closing off sections and moved the sold ones to the lower bowl already?

Not sure why my text is the size and font it is after I copy/pasted lol.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    They wouldn't be packing arenas if D'arcy were back. Her involvement won't make the difference from 7k to 20k tickets sold.

If this were the first SP tour since 2000 than maybe, *maybe* they could play arenas. But they have toured on and off, with Jimmy, since 2007. The only difference now is James. It's all very anticlimatic.

This tour was destined to bomb, no matter the lineup.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'll be the first to say that I don't believe this shit gossip site. And I just looked at the MN show on Ticketmaster (I last looked about a week ago) and didn't notice any drastic change in the seats still available.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    LMFAO! What dark depths of the Internet did you have to walk through to find that site @Shadaloo ?

My phone probably contracted STD’s by clicking on that link.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Nothing but the best when you follow Netphoria leads. :P Virus alerts?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    All I want is to see the mental backflipping Billy would do in his “look how polite and exhaustingly wordy I am” Instagram posts trying to spin cancellations as a good thing

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i've owned it since it came out, and i finally decided to listen to my mellon collie vinyl box set today, and i was...just as disappointed as i thought i'd be. i only listened to the first half of the album, but it was so overblown and distorted that it was almost painful. if i hadn't known about the pressing issue, i would have thought my stylus was fucked.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    It apparently affected some of the US pressing, but the EU one was unscathed IIRC.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 03-07-2018 at 11:41 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    There's a rumor that Nickelback may be opening some of the shows. Please Billy, for the love of god, please do not do this. That's just cringeworthy and screams of desperation to sell tickets. Just when I thought this tour couldn't get any worse. Honestly, if Nickelback plays on this tour, I will give up on Billy and this band. Lamest thing I've heard.
    Wouldn't it be the other way around? As much as I dislike Nickelback, they, unlike SP, can fill arenas.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Wouldn't it be the other way around? As much as I dislike Nickelback, they, unlike SP, can fill arenas.
    And that is sad...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'll be the first to say that I don't believe this shit gossip site. And I just looked at the MN show on Ticketmaster (I last looked about a week ago) and didn't notice any drastic change in the seats still available.
    They were right about the SP reuniting with almost the entire original lineup, working with Rubin, and touring. I read that on that site before the whole thing was announced (I got there cause someone posted it in a GNR forum, thinking it could be about Axl and co. instead).

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Random question ... but despite rumors of ticket sales floundering, do we think there's a chance this may extend into the fall at all? I'm really interested in seeing this, for all the nostalgic reasons, but I won't be able to take the time off work to travel this year as much due to visiting Philadelphia and Jersey with my girlfriend's family.

Would love to see them in St. Louis as opposed to traveling for the Kansas City date, but guess we'll have to see.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Billy talked like this would lock them into world tours and make them giants again so the goal was to probably use it as a springboard for more dates but uh ... I don’t see that happening. When you start out with arenas the only place to go up is stadiums and they can’t even fill arenas.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Random question ... but despite rumors of ticket sales floundering, do we think there's a chance this may extend into the fall at all? I'm really interested in seeing this, for all the nostalgic reasons, but I won't be able to take the time off work to travel this year as much due to visiting Philadelphia and Jersey with my girlfriend's family.

Would love to see them in St. Louis as opposed to traveling for the Kansas City date, but guess we'll have to see.
    I'd be thrilled with a St. Louis date!....I guess we just have to wait and see.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santos L Halper View Post
    I'd be thrilled with a St. Louis date!....I guess we just have to wait and see.
    Yeah same here, I actually haven't had the chance to see them yet and I know they played Chaifetz Arena in 2012 so I wouldn't be surprised if there are fall dates announced and St. Louis is one of them that they get announced for there. However, if they scale it back a bit for the fall ... I bet they'll be at Peabody Opera House.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    -Madame Zuzu's physical shop is closing its doors, ostensibly to move. Interesting how he claims right away it's not because it's doing poorly. Gotta wonder, right?
    It’s a REALLY shitty location. It’s in the Ravinia business district but lot of venues have struggled in that district, and several restaurants and venues have gone under. It’s totally residential and has to appeal to neighbors unless you have something that brings you in specifically, which he doesn’t. His store front is nearly invisible. He might be better off in downtown HP. My insurance agent is across the street and they joke that the place is always so dead, it looks like a drug money laundering operation.

His gf says he might be there at the final day party, who knows:
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/dining...309-story.html

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    God that picture in the article...

I guess the business wasn't as robust as he has said.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah if it was robust he’d pay a higher lease payment.

His original "vision" was about different people coming in all the time, which I don't understand, considering the fact that most people don’t even know of the EXISTENCE of the Ravinia business district, so how the fuck does he think that his tea shop is going to attract some steady stream of an urban crowd that varies all the time? The guy is a business moron.

https://chicago.eater.com/2011/12/29...this-spring-in

Ravinia Wine Shop mentioned in the above article? It died.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-10-2018 at 10:27 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Teargarden eps? Yay? It's been eight years!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    God that picture in the article...

I sense some serious meme potential.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Why can't they just write two more songs and make it an album? Still, I'm looking forward to hearing them either way.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hopefully they're dramatically different. Otherwise there's no point. Plus I feel like we've gone down this path before. Two albums in one year turned into just one. Billy's word doesn't count for much. Whatever we get, please be good. That's all I ask. There's four great musicians there. No excuse for it to be bad... other than Billy being Billy.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    -Because they were probably just banged out with no heed to album flow, no plans to make a comeback album per se, they just wanted to write a bunch of stuff and throw it out there to see if they could work with each other again and what the reaction would be
    -Because you've got to make the maximum profit possible so sell two things and not one

Could be any number of reasons.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post

I sense some serious meme potential.

Channeling his inner Fred Durst, dawg. Looks like he goes back to the buffet for seconds as well.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Channeling his inner Fred Durst, dawg. Looks like he goes back to the buffet for seconds as well.
    Oh God, the idea of the Pumpkins touring with..... ugh.... L___ B______ that's even worse than touring with Nickelturd.