Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Iron Maiden and Judas Priest

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    92 minutes, damn.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've very much enjoyed A Matter Of Life And Death and The Final Frontier, so I've got high hopes for the new record. It's hard to tell from the clip, but it might be pretty good. It's being released as a single on Friday, so we'll see then.
    There's an article on Classic Rock that says how brilliant the album is, and there's an interview in The Quietus with Janick and Adrian. Interesting to hear Adrian's views on the production of recent albums - I really like the live sound on record - they're such a solid band, they don't really need much in the way of studio trickery. Glad he's writing shorter melodic tracks with Bruce anyway, in contrast to the full on epics we're expecting to hear.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Cool video for the new single! Not sure how I feel about the song but the nod to video games has me watching this a bunch of times...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I dig the song. I didn't care much for The Final Frontier so hearing this was good.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Dickinson sounds VERY old on this. Much more hoarse than The Final Frontier. They said in interviews he sounded amazing. I'm worried.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Album has leaked and is apparently amazing from spending some time reading opinions on this thread.

http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/...poilers.31236/

I'm being a nerd and waiting for the CD. Been a fan since 82, and genuinely excited for it!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Picked up the DE from Best Buy tonight and made it through 3 tracks so far- holy crap surprisingly good!

That's my 10 second review so far, just wanted to bump this thread to hear others opinions.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Love the album - best since Somewhere In Time in my opinion, don't dislike a single song on there which is very rare for me and Maiden! There's normally a duffer or two amongst the gold! Title track in particular is superb.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Love the album - best since Somewhere In Time in my opinion, don't dislike a single song on there which is very rare for me and Maiden! There's normally a duffer or two amongst the gold! Title track in particular is superb.
    Yeah, this is IMHO their best album since Bruce's original departure back in '91 or '92 after Fear of the Dark. Great musicianship on this one. Opening track is awesome.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Maiden tour dates announced. Wanna hit that Chicago show but Wednesday night = fuuuuuuuuuhhk me

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iro...-s-tour-dates/

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Listened to Redeemer of Souls for the first time in a while. It's a better album than I remember, quite good in fact. JP are said to have a new disc out in 2017.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    And since this is a NIN forum....

Anyone going to see Maiden this summer? Got my Boston tix.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    posted this elsewhere...

I'm in it to win it motherfucker.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 01-28-2017 at 12:34 PM. Reason: wrong show specific pic!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Bought my ticket for Dallas. 125 bucks for general admission!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    $129.95 for Prudential Center. Sheesh. :: pulls collar ::

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    My ticket was about $100.00 (including ticketbastard surcharges). It will be worth it though. I know I'll get my money's worth.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    87.50 for a shit seat ticket here. I haven't bought it yet since I don't wanna spend that much money but I need to decide soon.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    87.50 for a shit seat ticket here. I haven't bought it yet since I don't wanna spend that much money but I need to decide soon.
    Have you seen them before? I spent about as much and got a sweet ticket, fairly close to the stage.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 01-29-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Have you seen them before? I spent about as much and got a sweet ticket, fairly close to the stage.
    No I haven't. I love Maiden but I'm more interested in Ghost if I'm being honest.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    No I haven't. I love Maiden but I'm more interested in Ghost if I'm being honest.
    Should be a killer bill.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Buying a ticket this weekend after much debate about spending the money.

Still great after all these years. I'm excited.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Buying a ticket this weekend after much debate about spending the money.

Still great after all these years. I'm excited.
    Eddie's still a big grump after all these years:

Badass Eddie (2:25 or so in):

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Eddie never gets old. That is a mascot that will live for eons.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Been listening to Iron Maiden a lot lately and i got a "controversial Maiden opinion":

Iron Maiden and Killers > The Number of the Beast

I even like "Piece of Mind" better than TNOTB.

Don't get me wrong TNOTB has awesome songs like "Run to the Hills", "Hallowed be thy Name", "Children of the Damned", etc and of course Dickinson it's a better singer, but i just love Paul Di' Anno's era, so much!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Been listening to Iron Maiden a lot lately and i got a "controversial Maiden opinion":

Don't get me wrong TNOTB has awesome songs like "Run to the Hills", "Hallowed be thy Name", "Children of the Damned", etc and of course Dickinson it's a better singer, but i just love Paul Di' Anno's era, so much!
    I don't think it's a controversial statement at all. I tend to prefer the Paul Di'Anno era than Bruce Dickinson though I do love what Bruce Dickinson has done. I just love songs like "Running Free" as I think Di'Anno's voice is fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post

Bruce was a better fit, but those first two albums are killer.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Self titled is definitely their best. Never been a five fan of Number of the Beast in general

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I don't think it's a controversial statement at all. I tend to prefer the Paul Di'Anno era than Bruce Dickinson though I do love what Bruce Dickinson has done. I just love songs like "Running Free" as I think Di'Anno's voice is fucking awesome.
    i like the punkier sound they had with di'anno, but he's a fucking asshole and a hateful homophobe...so i have a hard time with that.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Piece of Mind, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son and No Prayer For The Dying are their lowest points to me.

My favorite albums are Iron Maiden, Powerslave, The X Factor and Dance Of Death (I know the hate for the last two is strong).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Piece of Mind, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son and No Prayer For The Dying are their lowest points to me.

My favorite albums are Iron Maiden, Powerslave, The X Factor and Dance Of Death (I know the hate for the last two is strong).
    I get that everyone has their own taste, and judging by your selection of Maiden albums you like, there some unlikely selections in there.

However, when someone calls 7th Son one of Maiden's low points, that just baffles me.