Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018.09.18-19 Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Check out the seating configuration for this show, with GA in the back and the front, and reserved in the middle (and the very front rows):

https://www.axs.com/events/349514/ween-tickets

The other common one I've seen is where the first few rows are reserved and then the rest of the venue is GA.
    Interesting- I’ve never seen that before. Maybe for someone like Ween they know it’s not going to be a huge turnout so it’s just kind of self serve seats? I guess that’s a question for the venue to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    The only thing that led me to think there may be a front-ish GA area is that Gorillaz had one at their show. There was a narrow strip of seats a few rows up from the front (like row 10, not FRONT front) that were GA, and then the rest were kept in the 60s. But I've only seen the one show there, and also haven't seen the seating arrangement for these particular shows, so I wouldn't know, heh.

My real problem was getting there about 20 minutes to showtime and parking was an absolute cluster fuck. I hadn't realized how problematic parking would be in the mountains. Gee, who knew? ^^' At least it was free.
    Parking and getting out of there was always a big PITA the few times I went. It’s worth it though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Interesting- I’ve never seen that before. Maybe for someone like Ween they know it’s not going to be a huge turnout so it’s just kind of self serve seats? I guess that’s a question for the venue to answer.

I don't know what kind of fanbase Ween has in WI, but people goddamned love Ween here. It's almost cult-like. Guaranteed that'll sell out.

Parking and getting out of there was always a big PITA the few times I went. It’s worth it though.
    I know I've been spoiled seeing so many show here, but honestly the parking is reason enough for me to want to go anywhere else. I love shows at Red Rocks, but I hate the 45-90 minute wait just to get out and drive back to the city.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't know what kind of fanbase Ween has in WI, but people goddamned love Ween here. It's almost cult-like. Guaranteed that'll sell out.

I know I've been spoiled seeing so many show here, but honestly the parking is reason enough for me to want to go anywhere else. I love shows at Red Rocks, but I hate the 45-90 minute wait just to get out and drive back to the city.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @ImTheWiseJanitor did you get tickets after all?
    Sure did! GA but it's what I could afford.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    For the locals, are there reasonable alternatives to driving out there and parking? I'm flying in from Seattle with a couple friends for both nights and we're trying to sort out whether to rent a car or figure out other options. Leaning toward getting a hotel in downtown Denver, but nothing booked yet.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aleywwu View Post
    For the locals, are there reasonable alternatives to driving out there and parking? I'm flying in from Seattle with a couple friends for both nights and we're trying to sort out whether to rent a car or figure out other options. Leaning toward getting a hotel in downtown Denver, but nothing booked yet.
    You can always Uber or Lyft out there, but you'll still encounter the same trouble with getting out at the end of the night. And a ride from there to downtown would likely run $50+. There are shuttle buses that run up there, but I've never taken one. If you do drive you can always try and park on the streets up to Red Rocks instead of in the parking lot which can save time at the end of the night but if you are able to do that MAKE SURE YOU PARK GOING DOWNHILL! If you pull over for street parking uphill, you won't be able to flip a u-turn to save your life which means you will be waiting for everyone above you to come down.
    Last edited by Arcspiral; 05-25-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aleywwu View Post
    https://rrxshuttles.com/

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    Ha! Yeah, can’t say I’ve ever had an in-person conversation about Ween other than how bad that Pushin Daisies song was- and that was back in the early 90’s I think. They apparently have a thread on here, albeit only 2 pages long.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @TheBang did you find tickets yet? (again, i am SO, SO fucking sorry man)
    I managed to get row 22 center for the 19th during the general onsale, so I'm fairly pleased with that. I'm still on the lookout for a good ticket for the 18th though. I'm hoping resale prices will fall as it gets closer.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I managed to get row 22 center for the 19th during the general onsale, so I'm fairly pleased with that. I'm still on the lookout for a good ticket for the 18th though. I'm hoping resale prices will fall as it gets closer.
    Shit dude, you got better tickets than me

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Yeah, I know. The benefit (and sometimes curse) of only needing a single ticket.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So I’m of course moving to Colorado Springs in August. Is there a train to Denver, or do I basically have to drive/bus/lyft to the city?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    So I’m of course moving to Colorado Springs in August. Is there a train to Denver, or do I basically have to drive/bus/lyft to the city?
    There's only bus service. You can ride Greyhound or Bustang for about $12 each way. But, you also have to consider that Red Rocks is way out in the boonies, about a 30 min drive from downtown Denver. So, if you bus to Denver, you still have to get a shuttle to Red Rocks (about $40 per person, round trip) or Lyft. And then, by the time the show gets out at 10-11 PM, there are no buses back to CO Springs, so you either need to get a hotel or Lyft all the way back.

You could Lyft directly from CO Springs to Red Rocks, but using the fare estimator, it said that was about $115 one-way.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    There's only bus service. You can ride Greyhound or Bustang for about $12 each way. But, you also have to consider that Red Rocks is way out in the boonies, about a 30 min drive from downtown Denver. So, if you bus to Denver, you still have to get a shuttle to Red Rocks (about $40 per person, round trip) or Lyft. And then, by the time the show gets out at 10-11 PM, there are no buses back to CO Springs, so you either need to get a hotel or Lyft all the way back.

You could Lyft directly from CO Springs to Red Rocks, but using the fare estimator, it said that was about $115 one-way.
    Thanks for the heads-up! Looks like I’m driving.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up! Looks like I’m driving.
    We are driving too.
    I've driven all around the venue though, and I don't understand where in the FUCK everyone is supposed to park.
    Are there big parking lots near the amphitheater? Did I just not notice them?
    That's very possible, as, like I said, we were driving around because we thought the line for tickets was actually AT red rocks.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    You should see signs directing you to the parking. It's all gravel lots near the 'ramp' that leads up to the venue.

Just for yoouuuuu, @elevenism !

Red Rocks 2014

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    You should see signs directing you to the parking. It's all gravel lots near the 'ramp' that leads up to the venue.

Just for yoouuuuu, @elevenism!

Red Rocks 2014
    word. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got my tickets for both nights. Expensive, but I've always wanted to try this venue and having NIN there is a dream. Now I just have to figure out flights and rooms. aaaaaa I'm thrilled

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just booked me and my moms flights. LETS GOOOOOASASDFOASDFOADFKAJDSFAKJDSF

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    There is a surprising number of tickets for the 9/18 show on Stubhub at face price. My concert buddy can't make this show and my wife doesn't want to do two nights in a row...the three of us and another friend are all going on 9/19 but part of me REALLY wants to go to 9/18 as well. I can't decide if it's worth braving Red Rocks by myself for the first night.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Before I grab a Ticketmaster lawn ticket for the 19th, does anyone have a spare they're looking to unload for a decent price? I'm already set for the 18th so the 19th was going to be my "sit further up and enjoy" night.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Before I grab a Ticketmaster lawn ticket for the 19th, does anyone have a spare they're looking to unload for a decent price? I'm already set for the 18th so the 19th was going to be my "sit further up and enjoy" night.
    If you haven't checked Craigslist, you should. I got my ticket for 9/18 from a post there earlier today. Most were pricy, though...mine was $135 and that was the lowest I saw (besides obvious scam posts), but it is a reserved seat in row 45.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    If you haven't checked Craigslist, you should. I got my ticket for 9/18 from a post there earlier today. Most were pricy, though...mine was $135 and that was the lowest I saw (besides obvious scam posts), but it is a reserved seat in row 45.
    I much prefer giving my money to a fan than a scalper, even if it's the same price.
    Edit: stubhub has closer rows for a lower price.

Also wondering, because of the way Red Rocks is set up, is it "your ticket is good for that row, tickets don't have specific seats" kind of situation?
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 08-09-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I much prefer giving my money to a fan than a scalper, even if it's the same price.
    Same. The person I found is a fan who can no longer attend so he sold for what he paid ($135 w/taxes and fees).

Edit: stubhub has closer rows for a lower price.
    Did you get to the checkout page? I saw a group of 3 tickets for seats 116, 117, 118 in row 27 or 29 for the 9/18 show for $140/ea and was stoked. When I went through and got to the checkout page, they were ~$194/ea with Stubhub's bullshit tacked on.

Also wondering, because of the way Red Rocks is set up, is it "your ticket is good for that row, tickets don't have specific seats" kind of situation?
    My understanding is that GA is something like rows 46-69 (it changes show-to-show and I recall that being the range for NIN) and your ticket says: "Row: General Admission." That's how my physical tickets for 9/19 are and so for that show, we can take any unclaimed spot we want in those rows.

If it says a row and seat number, that is your reserved spot. There aren't actual seats but there are little plaques along the the benches for each "seat" (really "place" is more appropriate) number and the number of seats per row changes depending on where you are because the venue is kind of bean-shaped.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Row 47 is the last reserved row for this gig. Everything behind that is the GA section.

I imagine prices will continue to fall as the date gets closer.

Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Did you get to the checkout page? I saw a group of 3 tickets for seats 116, 117, 118 in row 27 or 29 for the 9/18 show for $140/ea and was stoked. When I went through and got to the checkout page, they were ~$194/ea with Stubhub's bullshit tacked on.
    You can use one of the filter options to display prices with estimated fees included.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    And just like that, they're gone. I got my ticket to night 2 for row 25 for $140 after fees on StubHub. It was one of a set of 4 someone had up. I was about to link you guys so I could have ETS members around me, and the other 3 have been snatched up.
    I'm nervous as hell about using Flash Seats, especially after the reviews for their app, but I've yet to have any actual problems with mobile tickets.
    Shit these shows are just over a month away, I am already getting pre-show anxiety excitement.

Well, I found out why it seemed too good to be true, the seller "made a mistake" and the ticket that I paid for 3 days ago is not available.
    The good news is Stub Hub is actually an amazing company and they're giving me a FREE UPGRADE to row 17. AND they're printing and mailing the ticket, so I don't have to deal with fucking Flash Seats. Deleting that app now.
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 08-14-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Amazing opportunity to sit front row at red rocks (yes, that's Row 1) and keep your conscience clear that you CAN be in ADA seating:
    - two mega NIN fans driving from Toronto had a third party unable to make it
    - yes, we both have mobility disabilities and need the seating! So you as the 3rd ticket, even without a disability, will not be hassled by the venue.
    - row 1 seats 38, 39 and 40 which if you do the math appears to be centre stage

What's the catch?
    - since it's ADA seating, you must enter with the original ticket buyer. We cannot send you the ticket.
    - since we worked our asses off to get these tickets this one is not at face value. Sorry.

How can you trust us/know this isn't a rip off?
    - well first off, we're very obvious. If you're coming to Red Rocks for the show, you'll see us
    - we will send you a video with the promise to honour ticket, serving as a verbal contract.
    - one of us goes to NIN shows all over North America, and will be at more this year, so that would be a total ass move by a fan, and someone so easy to identify, too.
    - go ahead and google why you cannot send/resell ADA tickets like regular tickets (see: court ruling related to scalpers eating these up and people with wheelchairs getting nothing).

When is this???
    - Sept. 18. But. We also got what we could for Sept. 19. Which are the other ADA seats alllll the way at the back. Row 70. Selling that ONE ticket at face value... And we have an idea to try and get to row 1 that night. So, if you want to do the row 70 you may end up lucking out.

Looking forward to finding someone who is going to love this once in a lifetime opportunity as much as we will!
    Last edited by Beejean; 08-27-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beejean View Post
    - two mega NIN fans driving from Toronto had a third party unable to make it

You going to be driving past the great lakes up through Canada or coming down at the falls and driving across?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You going to be driving past the great lakes up through Canada or coming down at the falls and driving across?
    We will be GPSing it, and will choose the quickest way to midpoint Iowa, as we'll need to crash for a night. Why are you asking?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beejean View Post
    We will be GPSing it, and will choose the quickest way to midpoint Iowa, as we'll need to crash for a night. Why are you asking?
    Wondered if we could get a convoy going, lol. I'll be headed out from south of Buffalo and stopping in Davenport Iowa as a "halfwayish" point.