Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Worst TV shows ever...

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    My main beef with reality TV is it's just a cheap cash grab by lazy TV channels. They don't need scripts (not good ones anyway) or actors (again not good ones, just cheap actors famous for being an extra in a toilet commercial) just a really lose premise and off you go. It's annoying as the first Big Bother here in the UK was actually very interesting seeing how people from different walks of life handled being stuff together...before it just became a about a bunch of fame hungry idiots doing 'crazy' things to get views.
    They did a celebrity take over a few years ago (once a week a celeb would be in control of the house and make them do actual interesting things, not just stupid stuff) and everyone was accomplished in a certain field (circus gymnast, scientist etc) but it must not have had the views because it went back to being fame hungry idiots again.
    The original The Real World on MTV was fucking riveting, kind of like what you are saying about big brother in the beginning.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Amish Mafia. I don't think I've ever watched a television show before (including reality tv) that enraged me at how stupid, insulting, and downright ridiculous every aspect of this show was. My roommates at the time were watching a fucking marathon of this shit and somehow got through who knows how many hours of this show Discovery was playing. I watched one episode and wanted to find the guy who approved this abortion and run him down with my car.

A very close second goes to Jersey Shore. Anyone who expects good television from MTV is kidding themselves, but goddamn they hit rock bottom with this one. The fact it was so popular when it was aired and appealed to so many people my age is embarrassing to think about.

I would include things like Honey Boo Boo and any program where parents force their kids to perform in beauty pageants, but I guess I can't judge them because I've never watched them. Just seeing commercials or hearing about them makes my skin crawl.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I can't believe how much of my life I wasted with How I Met Your Mother. What a hot mess that show was.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    The original The Real World on MTV was fucking riveting, kind of like what you are saying about big brother in the beginning.
    For about the first 3 seasons, The Real World was a great show. Then it got boring when it went to London and then it became awful once it arrived in Miami.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Add the Crow series to the list. Watched maybe 2-3 episodes and that was enough.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Sunset Tan...was on E! for a few years

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Toddlers and Tiaras

I wanted to slap everyone in it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Toddlers and Tiaras

I wanted to slap everyone in it.