Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Not The Actual Events: schizophreniasdiary

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This feels like all over again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If it wasn't NIN related I'm sure they would have said something at this point to avoid people harassing some poor random person. I could be wrong of course but I'm gonna assume this is all NIN related in some way

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamclassic View Post
    What makes you think that this is the same person besides some alike text/words? Just curious. I don't really like us digging into it like this. A lot of people are mentally ill and post similar stuff.

Read this post

Now read the blog post author's gravatar profile. It's the same thing (you can also read that profile at the bottom of every blog post on that site)..

This person is, or was, mentally ill, and we need to stop this whole "internet detective" thing. Let's leave them alone, let them be... This isn't an ARG.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Man, I really hope a word from any of the creators clears this up before the press starts reporting about NIN exploiting the mentally ill. I bet they'd be more than happy to bring back the Tate house bitching too.
    And all of this thanks to cocksucking chicken wings. Beautiful.

Now we need to make a complete pic with common sentences between the lyrics and the website, because the ms painty thing by the facebook page is confusing.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post

At some point, it just becomes more than a concidence, don't you think? Like, I guess it could be but...

I mean, fucking hell, it even elaborates on the whole "Reptile" connection.
    I did not see the post at the HM Facebook, but i'm checking, thanks!

It seems like a longshot but coincidences can happen, i saw that "Chicken winging" is a slang for another type of "Doggystyle" so "joining" the words "Cocksucking" and "Chicken wing" can happen for sure...

...either that or the "schizophreniasdiary" guy met Trent at the "Red Room"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If this is NIN related, it's possible that the NIN camp stumbled across the Uncommon Forum post and other posts like it, then found inspiration from them and weaved it all together to form a story arc through the Wordpress blog.

If it's not, well, then, someone in the camp needs to say something. More people should be tweeting at TR, NIN, and Kraw to get a definitive answer. It's not that hard for Trent to tweet out "Hey, look, my blog came back haunted" or "I PUT MY LA CROIX DOWN TO TELL YOU ALL TO STOP."
    Last edited by 2020k; 02-21-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    God-fucking-dammnit my head is being fist-fucked right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Everyone, I emailed 42 Entertainment to see if they'll give us clarification on whether or not this is part of the NTAE ARG or not. I gave them a breakdown on our concerns (is this person mentally ill, are we harassing them, or can we continue hunting for clues) and I will post when and if I get a reply.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

Read this post

Now read the blog post author's gravatar profile. It's the same thing (you can also read that profile at the bottom of every blog post on that site)..

This person is, or was, mentally ill, and we need to stop this whole "internet detective" thing. Let's leave them alone, let them be... This isn't an ARG.
    Thanks. That clears it up. I wasn't sure of the connection.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hannahdriley View Post
    Everyone, I emailed 42 Entertainment to see if they'll give us clarification on whether or not this is part of the NTAE ARG or not. I gave them a breakdown on our concerns (is this person mentally ill, are we harassing them, or can we continue hunting for clues) and I will post when and if I get a reply.
    Well that would be good IF 42 was running a ARG. How do we know there is in-fact an ARG going? If there is an ARG going and there is a MAJOR fuckup going down right now do to using some real persons blog then this leads me to only one conclusion...

Sandbag is running the ARG, I'm just sayin'.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...about_website/

Seems like it is not connected to NINcamp, nor 42.
    Last edited by HWB; 02-21-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    42 says they're not responsible, super yikes.
    I'm on mobile so I can't share the screenshots of their email response to me, but I just shared it to r/nin

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    NTAE lyrics (hidden lyrics from physical component) <-> wordpress lyrics

blood and cocksucking chicken wing <-> hairy gros cocksucking chicken wing
    I'm rolling and screaming and infected Japanese <-> SARS infected Japanese nees nees nees crackhead
    A trap with circles for eye holes, rip <-> Its all a trap where circles come
    A rats snapped neck <-> A rats snapped neck
    rotting from the inside pulling teeth <-> Im rotting from the inside out I know I am because of my thoughts
    and pulling <-> Blood and goo and pulling
    Im rotting I say. I was over me. <-> Im rotting from the inside
    Like pulling teeth, so slowly <-> Like pulling teeth
    it's I know I am wire but the wires get ripped from from the inside out especially her <-> Ive twisted everyone but especially her so much like a piece of wire but the wires her bones, veins and skin
    so much eye holes <-> pu her fucking polo mints in her fucking eye holes
    theres spiders legs everywhere and i dont care anymore. <-> i feel like theres spiders legs everywhere all over me.
    I'm rolling and screaming and infected Japanese <-> the little balls are rolling and screaming and vomiting
    Black hoods. Fumes slut <-> Black hoods. Fumes its easy.
    I despise all over me <-> I despise her and despise myself cause of her.
    her branches are bones <-> Apple get ripped from tress slowly and painfully from branchs, branches are fucking bones.

Now to forget this ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    NTAE lyrics (hidden lyrics from physical component) <-> wordpress lyrics

blood and cocksucking chicken wing <-> hairy gros cocksucking chicken wing
    I'm rolling and screaming and infected Japanese <-> SARS infected Japanese nees nees nees crackhead
    A trap with circles for eye holes, rip <-> Its all a trap where circles come
    A rats snapped neck <-> A rats snapped neck
    rotting from the inside pulling teeth <-> Im rotting from the inside out I know I am because of my thoughts
    and pulling <-> Blood and goo and pulling
    Im rotting I say. I was over me. <-> Im rotting from the inside
    Like pulling teeth, so slowly <-> Like pulling teeth
    it's I know I am wire but the wires get ripped from from the inside out especially her <-> Ive twisted everyone but especially her so much like a piece of wire but the wires her bones, veins and skin
    so much eye holes <-> pu her fucking polo mints in her fucking eye holes
    theres spiders legs everywhere and i dont care anymore. <-> i feel like theres spiders legs everywhere all over me.
    I'm rolling and screaming and infected Japanese <-> the little balls are rolling and screaming and vomiting
    Black hoods. Fumes slut <-> Black hoods. Fumes its easy.
    I despise all over me <-> I despise her and despise myself cause of her.
    her branches are bones <-> Apple get ripped from tress slowly and painfully from branchs, branches are fucking bones.

Now to forget this ?
    Thanks for listing them all. This is rather unnerving at this point.

I know Trent's somewhat twisted (hey folks thought broken was a snuff film) , but using someone else's pain and confusion as art and 1)having people assume it's your own and 2) not masking it enough so people cannot find the source bothers me. He could clear this up. I hope he does.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamclassic View Post
    Thanks for listing them all. This is rather unnerving at this point.

I know Trent's somewhat twisted (hey folks thought broken was a snuff film) , but using someone else's pain and confusion as art and 1)having people assume it's your own and 2) not masking it enough so people cannot find the source bothers me. He could clear this up. I hope he does.
    There was no assertion from him that it's his own though. And it's not exactly the same, the official lyrics from the songs are not THAT close, just few things like infected japanese are noteworthy. Most is from the hidden words on the physicial component.

So if he really had this content from the blog just like us, it's an inspiration. Pretty fucking weird one though.

But anyway, time will tell.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Physical component for AV really seems to add into this mental health thing. An experts to weight in on this?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    From the guy who did the theme for the wordpress (yeah pretty far stretched I know)

Interesting thread; seem to be some definite lyrical parallels there, although there could just be a common source of inspiration for the imagery still. Nah, not been contacted about the theme; pretty tenuous connection to the album art, just generic grungeness

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    To think that I gave a full evening running the lyrics of Branches/Bones through Translate; in and out of Japanese, desperately searching for a meaning hidden within the text.... thinking I was going to crack some sort of code...

I was really barking up the wrong tree fuck sake haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...about_website/

Seems like it is not connected to NINcamp, nor 42.
    This is my post, I'm outing my reddit username for you wonderful folks. I'll try to share new info as I uncover here and in r/nin first. Follow Hesitation Marks on Facebook too, he'll be compiling mega-threads of all the info.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Instead of harassing some person who is clearly mentally ill and probably has no clue about NIN just to get a release date for EP #3...People could like you know....Just wait for Trent to announce the release date and stuff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just reached out to Rob Sheridan on Twitter. He's insanely good with keeping up with social media. So, I guess watch his account and the thread.

I'm 95% sure the Wordpress is NIN, but that link Tony shared is not related and should not be shared further. However, with 42 Entertainment being so quick to deny involvement...I really want to make sure we somehow get a response before proceeding to associate it with the EPs.

I did post on Mariqueen’s IG, then one of her fans got a little mouthy with me (how dare I post something NIN related on her IG!) so I just deleted it. If anyone feels compelled to politely @ her and let her know there are legions of concerned fans worried that we’ve begun looking in an inappropriate direction, go ahead. Actually, the reply was never deleted. She's been aware for a few hours.
    Last edited by 2020k; 02-21-2018 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Edit: Small Mariqueen IG tangent

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It appears that I am in the minority, but I don't see anything wrong with him using the phrases. The context of the blog is that those were the person's notes when they were previously unmedicated; the writer, after getting treatment, decided to transcribe them and publicly post them for an insight into the experience. There's no moral conflict, at least for me, and I'm not sure why there would any of this would be considered "wildly inappropriate", to be honest.

It's interesting, nonetheless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty sure this is an ARG of some sort. Trent doesn't strike me as a plagiarist.

Maybe 42 isn't involved and this is something he's doing on his own? I don't know. I just think TR ripping off a random blog like that seems far-fetched.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Trent being so meticulous and thoughtful with his stuff, there is no way he would just rip some random guy off. This has to be some kind of ARG. And if so, it's already fucking genius lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The boyfriend comment gives us some clarification for the title of "The Lovers" though.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    The boyfriend comment gives us some clarification for the title of "The Lovers" though.
    Wasn't the song and title explained to be about addiction and regression in the Song Exploder interview?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by |mando| View Post
    It appears that I am in the minority, but I don't see anything wrong with him using the phrases. The context of the blog is that those were the person's notes when they were previously unmedicated; the writer, after getting treatment, decided to transcribe them and publicly post them for an insight into the experience. There's no moral conflict, at least for me, and I'm not sure why there would any of this would be considered "wildly inappropriate", to be honest.

It's interesting, nonetheless.
    I agree, this is not some secret journal, is a public blog on the web, this thoughts were shared with everyone, and there is nothing wrong about finding inspiration with them. In the actual lyrics of the song the only things that can be found on this blog are "infected japanese" and the "branches are the bones" idea.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    I agree, this is not some secret journal, is a public blog on the web, this thoughts were shared with everyone, and there is nothing wrong about finding inspiration with them. In the actual lyrics of the song the only things that can be found on this blog are "infected japanese" and the "branches are the bones" idea.
    "Spiders crawling everywhere", too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    For context, this would have been before / during /after the Dragon Tattoo recording...no?
    You are correct. All of the blog's posts were made on May 26th.

I actually looked back on Google for May 2011 and typed in Trent Reznor. The Karen O/Reznor Immigrant song for Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was released on May 27th, So the day after these journals. As meaningless as this likely is, I do think it's interesting that Not Anymore uses the lyric "Mouth Taped Shut", and there was a "Mouth Taped Shur" ARG for The Girl With the Dragon Tatooo.
    Last edited by Hesitation_Marks; 02-21-2018 at 07:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataxia View Post
    This reminds me of Frances the Mute by The Mars Volta, which is based on a diary of a person some believe to be schizophrenic. I had a schizophrenic girlfriend two years ago... one of the craziest and most emotional periods of my life. But it was also fascinating experiencing such extreme mental illness firsthand.
    I said the same thing when I saw this on r/nin a couple of hours ago. Such an amazing album. It still reveals more of itself to me every time I listen to it. Also, I also subscribe to the theory that the girl who was looking for her father was actually schizophrenic and hallucinating a lot of the other characters.