Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The NIN Summer Tour 2018 Spoilers Thread!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    any update on this?
    I looked at the programming guide this week and was unable to discern where/when NIN might be broadcast. Not that it would have mattered to me personally anyway, because I would've only been able to capture an identical quality SD web stream. I'm just hoping someone in Spain who has the capability to capture 1080i TV broadcasts got it. There were a couple people who posted some of those Mad Cool captures in 1080 on Dime. I don't know how they'd know when the NIN set was broadcasting though, if at all.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I looked at the programming guide this week and was unable to discern where/when NIN might be broadcast. Not that it would have mattered to me personally anyway, because I would've only been able to capture an identical quality SD web stream. I'm just hoping someone in Spain who has the capability to capture 1080i TV broadcasts got it. There were a couple people who posted some of those Mad Cool captures in 1080 on Dime. I don't know how they'd know when the NIN set was broadcasting though, if at all.
    Fingers crossed. Really hoping for something HD with higher audio quality. The lower quality really shows when i listen to it in my car.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    The lower quality really shows when i listen to it in my car.
    I agree. 128 Kbps should sound better than it does. It sounds like it went through a couple different encoding passes on its way to the web stream.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I asked the network and they told me that the NIN concert will be broadcasted on August 26 at 23:50 Spanish time.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Thank you, I archived it here. Easier to find...
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    I asked the network and they told me that the NIN concert will be broadcasted on August 26 at 23:50 Spanish time.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Last edited by witte; 07-28-2018 at 04:51 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    i asked the network and they told me that the nin concert will be broadcasted on august 26 at 23:50 spanish time.
    hallelujah

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Thank you, I archived it here. Easier to find...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Anyone know the channel ? I might watch that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think ithe channel is "La 2"
    CAn somebody record it? I will be on vacation on that week and can´t record it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spanish public TV tend to upload that kind of content for free at their website. I'm not sure if there are any restrictions based on location, though.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    Spanish public TV tend to upload that kind of content for free at their website. I'm not sure if there are any restrictions based on location, though.
    The problem is that their website streaming is only SD, so it'll be no different than the current live capture that we have. What we're looking for is an HD recording.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The problem is that their website streaming is only SD, so it'll be no different than the current live capture that we have. What we're looking for is an HD recording.
    The main difference might be that this time Hurt won't be cut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that is! HD, Hurt and no sound cuts is what we want.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    and.....massive attack

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I wonder if the NIN camp is aware of the fact that TM and LN are permitting inflated resales on their sites?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    I wonder if the NIN camp is aware of the fact that TM and LN are permitting inflated resales on their sites?
    That ship sailed when they elected not to require ID to match names on tix and not to reasonably limit how many tix individuals could buy. The "in-person for the fans" only works if you implement appropriate safeguards to prevent scalping, which I submit was not done.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    That ship sailed when they elected not to require ID to match names on tix and not to reasonably limit how many tix individuals could buy. The "in-person for the fans" only works if you implement appropriate safeguards to prevent scalping, which I submit was not done.
    Yeah, it was a good experiment that had it's heart in the right place, but had a flawed execution. It would have also been nice to know that we'd have no trouble getting tickets online so that people didn't drive several hours to wait in line for several hours for a ticket (or overpay for them on StubHub or eBay) when they could have simply waited a couple weeks and got the same tickets online for the same price. I still think the system they used where they printed your name on the ticket is the most successful method to weed out the scalpers.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I still think the system they used where they printed your name on the ticket is the most successful method to weed out the scalpers.
    That system always made me paranoid because all the people I see NIN with live in different places and there was always the worry that if I couldn’t go I not only lost out myself but scuppered everyone else’s chances too. It would be perfect if only they were less draconian in not allowing you to transfer the tickets to somebody else’s name.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    That system always made me paranoid because all the people I see NIN with live in different places and there was always the worry that if I couldn’t go I not only lost out myself but scuppered everyone else’s chances too. It would be perfect if only they were less draconian in not allowing you to transfer the tickets to somebody else’s name
    I know exactly what you mean because I had the same fear back in 2013 for the Tension tour. It turned out fine, but yeah, that’s the only problem with that method. I had my friend in Portland, OR buy the tickets for that show in case I wasn’t able to make it for some unforeseen reason and I bought the tickets to the MN show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    for the archive here...
    Reznor hasn’t been playing sax live in concert so far but refuses to rule it out, saying simply “We’ll see” when it comes to the Autumn/Winter tour.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    for the archive here...
    Reznor hasn’t been playing sax live in concert so far but refuses to rule it out, saying simply “We’ll see” when it comes to the Autumn/Winter tour.
    Calling it now. They’re going to play Purest Feeling.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    for the archive here...
    I'm hoping one of the shows is very cover-heavy.

David Bowie - Subterraneans (mixed with Pinion) as the opener, with Robin playing the guitar part of Pinion with a sax.
    Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - Old Time Rock n Roll (performed by Trent Reznor & The Nine Inch Nails Band)
    Sade - Smooth Operator
    Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
    Men at Work - Who Can it be Now?
    Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
    Billy Joel - Just the Way You Are
    George Michael - Careless Whisper
    Spandau Ballet - True
    David Bowie - Modern Love
    Kate Bush - The Saxophone Song
    Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes - [I've Had] The Time of My Life

For all of the songs where Trent is playing sax and should also be singing, an animatronic Trent will perform the singing parts with pre-recorded vocals and motion-capture movements.
    For the finale, a secondary animatronic Trent rolls out onto the stage to sing the Time of My Life duet with the other animatronic Trent, while organic Trent plays the keyboard and sax.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    I have 3 thoughts here:

1) As a former scalper, if prices are high enough I have no problems going to the venue, walking someone in, and eating the cost of the other ticket. The biggest loss is to the fan that didn't get the seat because the scalper used up the ticket to walk in his customer.

2) As a NIN fan, I have been burned by this so many times due to various ticket upgrades or emergencies, forcing me to sell 1 ticket below cost and eat the other one.

3) The presale tickets do look cool though...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus View Post
    I'm hoping one of the shows is very cover-heavy.

David Bowie - Subterraneans (mixed with Pinion) as the opener, with Robin playing the guitar part of Pinion with a sax.
    Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - Old Time Rock n Roll (performed by Trent Reznor & The Nine Inch Nails Band)
    Sade - Smooth Operator
    Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
    Men at Work - Who Can it be Now?
    Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
    Billy Joel - Just the Way You Are
    George Michael - Careless Whisper
    Spandau Ballet - True
    David Bowie - Modern Love
    Kate Bush - The Saxophone Song
    Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes - [I've Had] The Time of My Life

For all of the songs where Trent is playing sax and should also be singing, an animatronic Trent will perform the singing parts with pre-recorded vocals and motion-capture movements.
    For the finale, a secondary animatronic Trent rolls out onto the stage to sing the Time of My Life duet with the other animatronic Trent, while organic Trent plays the keyboard and sax.
    I'm okay with more covers as long as the sets are 25 or more songs. If it's the standard 20, one cover a night should do. Personally, I just want to see them do Atmosphere live.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    As a former scalper, if prices are high enough I have no problems going to the venue, walking someone in, and eating the cost of the other ticket. The biggest loss is to the fan that didn't get the seat because the scalper used up the ticket to walk in his customer.
    Since I have the opportunity to ask a former scalper, what ticket purchasing process is the least scalper-friendly?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post

1) As a former scalper...
    I have to give you serious props for not only admitting to it, but admitting to it on ETS in a tour thread!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Since I have the opportunity to ask a former scalper, what ticket purchasing process is the least scalper-friendly?
    Price tickets high enough to begin with to remove profit potential, or create additional tiers to have very expensive tiers as well as very cheap tiers. Scalping works because tickets are sold for less than what they're worth to begin with.

The least profitable shows from a scalping perspective are the big AAA shows since the tickets face value are so high ($250++) and there are only so many whales out there. Conversely, the most profitable shows to scalp are the $30-$50 shows with incredibly high demand. Ticketmaster Auctions also worked to kill scalpers, since they basically became the scalper.

Also, the common process of not announcing all your shows in the same city at once is very brutal to scalpers. I have mixed feelings on things like AXS waiting room. Basically playing lotto.

Note: I have no idea how the big boys with their bots and stuff do it. I'm sure that their CC points pay for very nice vacations though.

I have to give you serious props for not only admitting to it, but admitting to it on ETS in a tour thread!
    Being a NIN fan and a capitalist pig isn't mutually exclusive - I hate myself for what I've become.

Last edited by TheRealNs1; 08-01-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Personally, I just want to see them do Atmosphere live.
    Agreed, we got a tease at Echoplex but they abandoned it...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The live machine gets back into gear this weekend with a festival stop in Korea, before heading to their first visit to Thailand next week! After that, it's two festival gigs in Japan before they break for the beginning of the official CBI tour in Phoenix.

I'm pretty sure there won't be any broadcasts from Pentaport or Sonic Mania/Summer Sonic, but I'd love for someone local to prove me wrong.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I will be refreshing setlist.fm regularly, but sadly I think there won't be much of merit to see there. I expect pretty safe setlists that will resemble what we got in June & July. Makes sense bc they're playing parts of Asia they don't get to much (or ever in the case of Thailand right?).

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Vegas had the wildest sets I’ve been lucky enough to see. The nature of festivals and international markets they haven’t been to in years makes me feel like they’ve intentionally been doing the type of show people who never get to see them would want, and it’s still had a healthy mix of some of the more interesting cuts. CBI will probably be close to what we saw in June but I have my fingers crossed since it’ll be a lot of repeated venues and the first full tour for the whole trilogy. New York, Chicago and LA feel the most likey to get some rarer tracks since they have so many dates in the same town (and Red Rocks always gets something special). I’m still so happy we get to all complain about sets again because the dry spell after 2014 hit me hard, being the first gap I got to experience after seeing them for the first times.