Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Combined with Alex Turner's voice, the shit lyrics to "Don't sit down 'cause I moved your chair" are intolerable.

To see how strongly I feel about this, visit http://www.tumblr.com/blog/cashpiles and witness the hate-fest that has ignited between my posts and Arctic Monkey fans.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Whenever I hear stretched out oooohwaaaahaaaaoooooooows and shit like that, I wanna run through walls. What band? Coldplay: the reason of all the problems in the world.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Coldplay are indeed a bona fide shit on music thread band. They should be in here more often.

I'm going to shit on all the christmas music around that gets into my head and won't leave.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    dubstep dubstep dubstep. die.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "My Heart's A Stereo" or whatever is the single most irritating song I've heard in a long time (or since I heard that stupid "Dynamite" song a year ago). Though I prefer it tenfold to the awful misogynist rubbish on the last page. WHY GOD WHY!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I highly disagree with their dissing of the new Jane's Addiction. Everything else is pretty spot on, especially the Puddle of Mud one. And goddamn I hate Everclear.

Here's the top 10 absolute worst music trends of 2011.
    http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/cross...ds_of_2011.php
    Last edited by think i'm a fire engine; 12-28-2011 at 04:52 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I just read both of those links and saw that Silverstein covered Kanye's "Runaway". What a shock, it's fitting for this thread:

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by think i'm a fire engine View Post
    I highly disagree with their dissing of the new Jane's Addiction. Everything else is pretty spot on, especially the Puddle of Mud one. And goddamn I hate Everclear.

Here's the top 10 absolute worst music trends of 2011.
    http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/cross...ds_of_2011.php
    I like a couple of Everclear's singles, mainly because I remember hearing them on our Top 40 station when I was in elementary school. The reason behind them making another album covering their own songs makes no sense. I have to disagree with you on the new Jane's Addiction record. I thought it was terrible. More so than Strays, they seem to try too hard to sound relevant and it doesn't work on any level.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    To me the worst trend of this year is 70s and 80s throwback retro-metal: all this thrash and doom metal that recycles tired old tropes about wizards and goblins, rips off Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden, and basically wants to jump aboard the Mastodon bandwagon. Between that and deathcore, metal is in a pitiful state right now.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by think i'm a fire engine View Post
    Yeah, I don't agree with that at all. The Great Escape Artist was a good album, better than Strays as far as I'm concerned.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Carlos Santana was hanging out with Justin Beiber last night. I couldn't bear to watch whatever those 2 did. Carlos sold out. It was bad enough he decided to make music for pop audiences but now hanging out with Bieber. Just kill the guy.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Carlos Santana was hanging out with Justin Beiber last night. I couldn't bear to watch whatever those 2 did. Carlos sold out. It was bad enough he decided to make music for pop audiences but now hanging out with Bieber. Just kill the guy.
    They were covering Let it Be by The Beatles. It was a fucking abomination.

While I'm here, let me say that Zooey Deschanel makes bad music, and I'm tired of people defending her twee cutesy bs.

fuck

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I have to say that whole new years eve show with Lady Gaga and Bieber, Santana, Minaj etc. really was sad.But it was mindless music by mindless artists for people of the masses that are mindless as well.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I told my dad about Santana/Bieber doing "Let It Be". That hurt him. He couldn't believe Santana would do that. I saw the clip and I felt like offensive was not a strong enough word to how I felt.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    her music might be infuriating, but i would do bad, bad things to Zooey. and so would alot of you.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    her music might be infuriating, but i would do bad, bad things to Zooey. and so would alot of you.
    Well, Duh!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So amazon.com is recommending a group named AWOLNATION for fans of such bands like The killers, Nine Inch Nails, and Adam Lambert. I thought I'd just share that with you.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Yeah, Zooey is just "Adorkable!"

Fuck.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 01-03-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Hahahahahha! Vanilla Ice actually put a CD out last year. "WTF" indeed:

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night!!!!! (Pulls the trigger)

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Taio Cruz's Dynamite. I feel like I'm listening to this damn song all the fucking time. I like going to stores. I hate being subjected to the shitty music they play there.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    Hahahahahha! Vanilla Ice actually put a CD out last year.
    I wonder if he gets that excited over every city he visits. "I'm in Bakersfield! BAKERSFIELD!!!!"

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

I just don't know where to put this...it's super-creepy.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    BTW, did anyone see the last episode of Metal Evolution on Grunge? It started off in an all right way though I knew they were going to actually say something about the post-grunge thing. It fell apart once they did interviews with Crud and then fucking Chad Kroeger which saddens me about the state of rock and why I detest the term "grunge" more than ever because of the association with those bands. I don't think grunge is metal. Alice in Chains and Soundgarden might have a bit of metal in their music but I consider them more hard rock. Someone told me that anyone who likes Nickelturd has no taste. That person is right.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I watched it, too. I agree that grunge isn't metal, but I can see the associations. One guy said Nirvana was part metal, which I couldn't agree with any less. The next episode covers the Nu Metal movement, and the commercial prominently featured Limp Bizkit, but I heard from someone who's seen it already that the director/host has some choice and agreeable words for some of those bands.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Damn, Scott looks like shit. That whole thing just made me super uncomfortable. Was this supposed to legit be serious?