Page 338 of 527 FirstFirst ... 238 288 328 336 337 338 339 340 348 388 438 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,140 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    There is nothing I don't love about Mariqueen retweeting this:

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The duo of Ruiner -> Burn on the Performance 2007 Tour is among the best transitions in NIN live history

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It surely won't lead us anywhere constructive, but Branches/Bones, Hyperpower! and The Wake-up (HTDA) are all 1'42'' long.

Ouch, nevermind....
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 01-21-2017 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    It surely won't lead us anywhere constructive, but Branches/Bones, Hyperpower! and The Wake-up (HTDA) are all 1'42'' long.
    Branches/Bones is 1:46.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I was just listening to Happiness in Slavery. God, does that song seem extremely relevant for the current state of affairs in the US. Hopefully TR feels the same and decides to bring it out of retirement for the live show(s).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I was just listening to Happiness in Slavery. God, does that song seem extremely relevant for the current state of affairs in the US. Hopefully TR feels the same and decides to bring it out of retirement for the live show(s).
    He's bound to do the screams some other way, which actually intrigues me. I now second your opinion.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    He's bound to do the screams some other way, which actually intrigues me. I now second your opinion.
    He would probably have the "slave screams" part on playback. The way he says it in the studio cut is so mint that it'd be hard to reproduce that exact intensity at this point in his life. However, he made "We're in This Together" sound pretty good live despite it being at a lower pitch, infact I think I like that song better when it's done live.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 01-21-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Maybe adding the Happiness In Slavery breakdown into the Great Destroyer one again might be an excellent choice for NIN live in 2017

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    He would probably have the "slave screams" part on playback. The way he says it in the studio cut is so mint that it'd be hard to reproduce that exact intensity at this point in his life. However, he made "We're in This Together" sound pretty good live despite it being at a lower pitch, infact I think I like that song better when it's done live.
    I'm talking about the SLLAVVEERRIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!'s.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kulerage View Post
    i'm talking about the sllavveerriiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!'s.
    SLAAAAAAAAYYYYYVERRRREEEEEEEOOOOOHHH!!!!!!!

(Happiness)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Being a Filipino that knows several Tagalog words, I have noticed for quite some time that the way the words "suck it" from Big Man With A Gun sound very similar to "sakit" which means hurt in English.

So in a way, I can hear Trent saying "make you hurt" on two songs on The Downward Spiral instead of just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    I'm talking about the SLLAVVEERRIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!'s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    SLAAAAAAAAYYYYYVERRRREEEEEEEOOOOOHHH!!!!!!!

(Happiness)
    Thank you for reminding me as it also occurred to me that I was also reminded of the way that part of "slavery" sounded when I listened to the "2:02-17" mark of No, You Don't. I sometimes forget about it because it usually reminds me of Marilyn Manson's Angel With The Scabbed Wings.

That also then reminded me of the "2:36-3:00" mark of Meet Your Master, as it also reminded me of the "2:31-3:07" mark of The Big Come Down. They'd both probably sound very nice mashed up together.

I've also loved the way slavery sounded that way. I know that I'm just dreaming for now, but I'd still love to see Happiness In Slavery live.

*My bad if I also mentioned any of this before as I have so many random NIN thoughts questions, that I sometimes still tend to forget about even having them from time to time.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-22-2017 at 11:40 AM. Reason: I was reminded of a random NIN thought regarding Happiness In Slavery, No, You Don't, The Big Come Down and Meet Your Master.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I know that I'm just dreaming for now, but I'd still love to see Happiness In Slavery live.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @Bachy - I meant in real life, but that will obviously still do for now.

I also had that very performance in mind as well. The chills I get from that are also very similar to the chills I got from Mr Self Destruct in this video, which is yet another song that I never caught in real life.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    @Bachy - I meant in real life, but that will obviously still do for now.
    I concur. Just being a smartass. I too would love to see HIS live in person as well as Closer with Danny Lohner on stage only if TR does his ejaculatiing water bottle shenanigans at the closing of the song ala AATCHB.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So, Trent said this about the EDIETS video:

"Regarding EDIETS, there will be no video released. I made a mistake. The good news is that mistake has acted as a catalyst for me to rethink a number of decisions regarding the direction and position of the band I've made and will be making in the future. The enemies from outside and within have been identified and I am back on track."

Then I just read this:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-and-more.html

The only music video of Lawrence’s that’s ever been shelved, he says, was one he shot for the Nine Inch Nails song “Every Day is Exactly the Same,” because “Trent [Reznor] wasn’t happy with how he looked in the video.”

...how bad could he have looked? I mean, according to the leaked info, he was just shirtless in some cryogenic chamber. Maybe his nipples looked too hard or something?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    When I heard the prospect of the Year Zero tv show was squashed, I had no idea it was because it was going to play out in real life...
    I know, right? Seemed like a good excuse to bust out my old AIR dog tags.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I've always loved how Trent sings "thought he had it all before they called his bluff / found out that his skin just wasn't thick enough / wanted to go back to how it was before / thought he lost everything then he lost a whole lot more".

I thought it was impressive on its own, but I appreciate it even more now since it was pointed out that it follows the same lyrical pattern as No, You Don't: "teeth in the necks of everyone you know / you can keep on sucking til the blood won't flow / when it starts to hurt it only helps it grow / taking all you need but not this time / no, you don't"

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Help me
    I broke apart my paycheck
    Help me
    I'm looking through stuff to sell
    Help me
    This new old format works for me
    Help me choose a new fucking shelf
    I'm buying records like an animal

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I listened to the TRAR Beats interview with Zane Lowe and, wow, TR sounds so strong and confident. I've listened to so many interviews of his (I was watching some of the Interview Essentials earlier) but he has never sounded this wise and thoughtful before. I downloaded it from RITC; I don't know if it was edited down, but he barely did any "ummmm"'s or stray far from the topic. He still describes himself as an "insecure" person, but a lot of his insecurity seems to be gone now.

Meanwhile, poor Atticus said, like, five words.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    I had it as "Physical (You're So)" for a while, but then I realized NIN never had the brackets, and that works fine for me – I'm anal about notating cover songs in the titles, so now it's all "Physical (Adam Ant cover)" throughout.
    Track list for Broken on nin.com:
    TRACKLIST +

1. PINION
    2. WISH
    3. LAST
    4. HELP ME I AM IN HELL
    5. HAPPINESS IN SLAVERY
    6. GAVE UP

1. PHYSICAL (YOU’RE SO)
    2. SUCK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I've always loved how Trent sings "thought he had it all before they called his bluff / found out that his skin just wasn't thick enough / wanted to go back to how it was before / thought he lost everything then he lost a whole lot more".

I thought it was impressive on its own, but I appreciate it even more now since it was pointed out that it follows the same lyrical pattern as No, You Don't: "teeth in the necks of everyone you know / you can keep on sucking til the blood won't flow / when it starts to hurt it only helps it grow / taking all you need but not this time / no, you don't"
    Dude! I noticed this a few years ago when I was not active on this forum. I love that TR did this so much. I'm glad to see someone pointing it out.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    TRACKLIST +

1. PINION
    2. WISH
    3. LAST
    4. HELP ME I AM IN HELL
    5. HAPPINESS IN SLAVERY
    6. GAVE UP

1. PHYSICAL (YOU’RE SO)
    2. SUCK

They also have Fist Fuck written as FIRST FUCK on the Fixed page.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Which is a mash-up of Last and Like a Virgin

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Where Is Everybody? (Version) is actually pretty good. Danny and Telefon Tel Aviv made the song more interesting, especially the faster chorus.

I listened to the vinyl rip of TFA and I have to say I prefer its track listing. 10 Miles High switches places with Where is Everybody, the latter flowing better into the Clouser mix of Starfuckers (though I just realized they still kept the overhang fuckup with the final second of TMH in the beginning of SF).
    Last edited by wizfan; 01-25-2017 at 06:25 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Where Is Everybody? (Version) is actually pretty good. Danny and Telefon Tel Aviv made the song more interesting, especially the faster chorus.

I listened to the vinyl rip of TFA and I have to say I prefer its track listing. 10 Miles High switches places with Where is Everybody, the latter flowing better into the Clouser mix of Starfuckers (though I just realized they still kept the overhang fuckup with the final second of TMH in the beginning of SF).
    Jeeze, I didn't notice the order was different until now. I wonder why they did that?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Jeeze, I didn't notice the order was different until now. I wonder why they did that?
    It probably has to do with the restrictions of the vinyl. TMH is slightly longer that WIE, so I guess they had to move it to side 2a, and thus Metal could have more breathing room in side 2b.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Dammit!

*changes his files so that it's called "First Fuck"*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So how about the 2009 tour sans Alessandro when Trent handled mostly all of the synth, piano, and keyboard parts? As much as I also loved the Tension big band version of live NIN, I would rather see the scaled down NIN just so I can see Trent handling synth parts. That shit makes me so excited when I watch those videos. Especially that intro to "1,000,000" and "Burn." The energy that he puts into it is so pure. The man himself playing his own compositions. I know they also had to resort to using a lot of backing tracks on that tour to make it work but I wish Trent would keep doing this live when NIN finally returns. Also, that synth noise solo on "Head Down." That was one of my favorite moments of the Lights in the Sky tour in 2008.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    TRACKLIST +
    1. PINION
    2. WISH
    3. LAST
    4. HELP ME I AM IN HELL
    5. HAPPINESS IN SLAVERY
    6. GAVE UP

1. PHYSICAL (YOU’RE SO)
    2. SUCK
    However, it's just "Physical" on the store page for Broken reissue and "Suck" is listed as the first song on bonus 7-inch. Maybe that's the major point.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What songs do you guys like to listen to when you're bummed out or trying to get motivated/stay strong inside? I love listening to Sunspots, Down In It, and The Way Out Is Through when I want to feel better.