Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I’m still wondering if they will play Download on 8-10th June. The next announcement will be the end of the month.
    Haven't they announced the headliners yet? Ozzy, Guns and Avenged Sevenfold.
    You think NIN would take a supporting slot?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    sweat sweat. now it starts. a surprise show in madrid? yes. holiday planning has started.
    Yeah, I might have to do this one as well. Lineup is real tasty.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I enjoyed my time visiting Spain while following the tour back in aught-seven, but that was in February. I can't imagine attending a festival with that sort of heat.

It will be interesting to see if they do any small club shows around the festival dates. Hopefully, we'll get a plethora of glitch-free, high-definition festival streams as digital souvenirs.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Haven't they announced the headliners yet? Ozzy, Guns and Avenged Sevenfold.
    You think NIN would take a supporting slot?

Band-before-last is their usual slot at European festivals.

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Hopefully, we'll get a plethora of glitch-free, high-definition festival streams as digital souvenirs.

This would be a really good income generator for them. Say $5-10 per download?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Downloads the only festival i can see them doing in England, i could have seen them doing T in the Park in Scotland but apparently that's taking a break next year with Glasto. Some bands do summer shows at Hyde park but i just can't see NIN being one of them, so unless the Reading and Leeds organisers do some serious groveling, Download's looking like the only real option...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Downloads the only festival i can see them doing in England, i could have seen them doing T in the Park in Scotland but apparently that's taking a break next year with Glasto. Some bands do summer shows at Hyde park but i just can't see NIN being one of them, so unless the Reading and Leeds organisers do some serious groveling, Download's looking like the only real option...
    I'm keeping that weekend free, plus the weeks before and after just in case of 'surprise' shows

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So on the one hand I'm extremely pleased to see they will actually be coming to Europe next year. On the other I really hope they don't stick to festivals.

I completely understand that it makes sense for bands touring overseas to do the festival circuit, and if we get some streams from them then that'll do very nicely.
    But yeah, surely the odd 'indoors' show wouldn't hurt, while they're here? Even if it's a super-small secret show as we've seen in the states then I'll be trying extra hard for a ticket.
    Ideal world though - quick one off at Brixton, with Assault setlist. Come on.
    Last edited by ChipRock; 11-21-2017 at 06:05 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I'm keeping that weekend free, plus the weeks before and after just in case of 'surprise' shows
    Smart move. I do hope they do a small surprise show here. I was lucky enough to get tickets to the Scala show and it was awesome!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So, European dates in the summer, are we thinking US in the spring or the fall?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    So, European dates in the summer, are we thinking US in the spring or the fall?
    I'm thinking Performance 2007 Tour redux until proven otherwise.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I wanna hear the new lineup play "Leaving Hope", so more small shows would be great.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I'm thinking Performance 2007 Tour redux until proven otherwise.
    Trent mentioned more dates at a bunch of the shows in the US this year so it seems unlikely that he would have been hyping up European festival dates to NYC crowds.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    It’ll be disappointing if NIN sticks to festivals in the US next year. There’s so damn many of them at different times of the year now I lost count a couple years ago.

Feel bad for the euro fans if that’s all they end up getting, even if there are some small secret shows that pop up. Not all of the fans can time that right to attend- much less secure tickets, even if they get a fan code.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i will wait for the UK, NIN don't fit in at Download Festival, its a metal festival, I'm worried he might fuck with the audience and do a light sounding set again deliberately, Download is so crap, i don't get the Donnington hype, Ozzfest 2002 was one of the worst things i had to endure, the campsite is next to a runway for a major airport, you can SEE the runway from the campsite, its so loud. sounds like a ww2 air raid every 5 minutes.

i don't mind a festival particularly just as long as the vibe is right, NIN at Reading 2007 were breathtaking, but 2013 was bad....would prefer 2 Brxiton shows or 4 again.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I wanna hear the new lineup play "Leaving Hope", so more small shows would be great.
    AATCHB too

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    i'm not huge on festivals but this year's mad cool festival looks pretty strong. obviously especially NIN. i would be way into seeing massive attack too. & the queens of stone age are usually fun. i'm sure there will be some other good stuff.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    AATCHB too
    vkgoeswild has that covered:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    vkgoeswild has that covered:

I saw the Hotline post that but hadn't been able to watch until now. Well done, it's great to hear someone play it (*ahem T-Rez; dust it off).

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Homeboy T-rez should call her up to play Bosendorfer for the Quiet Tracks tour next year, when Ilan is too busy playing timpani made of water bottles or whatever the fuck. Vika is amazing, she could open the show solo — just playing her usual mix of hard rock covers, originals, and classical pieces.

vkgoeswild.com/videos

vkgoeswild.bandcamp.com
    Last edited by botley; 11-22-2017 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I would fucking love to see this current sleek and aggressive lineup do Sin. That song is really due for a comeback live and still holds up extremely well.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Been busy with college for the last few days - Madrid is VERY tempting just for NIN and Depeche Mode alone. Holding off though for solo dates.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    That 'Mad Cool' Madrid festival is getting an awesome line up more and more: 'At The Drive In' and 'BRMC' are added. It'll be a measure for what will happen on other festivals next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If NIN subbed G n'R at Download it would be just like Wembley '91 again! God I feel old!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hope theres presales over at nin.com for whatever UK/US/CAN tour
    Ticket prices are the main reason because going to a show can be tough with pricing elsewhere

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    my contact told me yesterday nin won't play at a festival in the netherlands next summer (they come to europe, because 'mad cool madrid' is confirmed). they even don't want to play in a venue in the netherlands when the concert agency asked.
    i predict they only will do festivals in europe around june/july with maybe one or two surprise gigs in a small venue (london/paris). so, no venue tour in forehand.
    Last edited by witte; 11-30-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    my contact told me yesterday nin won't play at a festival in the netherlands next summer (they come to europe, because 'mad cool madrid' is confirmed). they even don't want to play in a venue in the netherlands when the concert agency asked
    That's a real bummer. Was hoping to see the band in Holland again, now hoping they'll play Rock Werchter or another festival close to our country

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Rock Werchter has a good chance for sure. But it's not my festival. Only 3 stages and too big. We'll see.

Mad Cool Madrid just confirmed Pearl Jam and others (yesterday already). An one week holiday around Madrid next year is getting more and more realistic for me. Pre-sale starts next tuesday.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Rock Werchter has a good chance for sure. But it's not my festival. Only 3 stages and too big. We'll see.

Mad Cool Madrid just confirmed Pearl Jam and others (yesterday already). An one week holiday around Madrid next year is getting more and more realistic for me. Pre-sale starts next tuesday.
    I bought two -3 days tickets- this morning for a reduced price (first 12000 buyers pay 155 euro with service fees).
    We will plan this festival together with a holiday around Madrid during that period.
    NIN is scheduled on the last day (the saturday).
    Hopefully they intend to arrange a surprise gig in a small venue in Madrid on sunday --wishful thinking--
    Last edited by witte; 12-05-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Was just considering whether to venture to Madrid to this. Here's the splits between days - they're not even the band before last - but having Depeche Mode and QOTSA after them isn't too shabby, and BMRC before them would be great too!!

http://madcoolfestival.es/index.php

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Homeboy T-rez should call her up to play Bosendorfer for the Quiet Tracks tour next year, when Ilan is too busy playing timpani made of water bottles or whatever the fuck. Vika is amazing, she could open the show solo — just playing her usual mix of hard rock covers, originals, and classical pieces.

vkgoeswild.com/videos

vkgoeswild.bandcamp.com
    Why did I never think of that? One of my other favorite artists literally finds people he likes on Youtube and brings them out on tour with them. VK's work is amazing; I would gladly see her do a 45-60 minute set before a NIN show. C'mon Trent, whaddya say?