Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1664

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Sry for double post(also in the show thread) but I think it’s worth it so people don’t buy 100 level seats in Irving TX or at least know what the situation really is.

Dig up some pictures of the venue. Looks like section 100 is just chairs on the same flat door behind GA. In one of the pictures you can see the soundboard which is in between the 200 level boxes. I’d go for GA floor or section 200. It’s possible the GA floor pushes forward enough that the first row can see ok over the top but I’d sit an extra 30’ back to be in the sloped 200 series section.

you'll need to open the tweet to get better resolution on the pictures.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 05-18-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Okay, here I go again...

Just listened to Trent's interview with Zane Lowe and heard him waxing poetic about lining up at Tower Records as if fans don't stand in lines together anymore. What does he think happens outside the venue before shows? I've spent countless hours in line with other presale ticketholders waiting for early entry - sometimes all night. Or just waiting in the general line. Met plenty of other fans both in line and inside the venue. Been there, done that. And yeah, I saw LCD Soundsystem on the tour he refers to in the interview. I saw them twice in Philadelphia and had a great time. I bought my tickets ONLINE, got an airbnb and had a fun weekend getaway. TWO shows, ONE trip. I'm so pissed...gotta get over it. :P

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by k258 View Post
    Okay, here I go again...

Just listened to Trent's interview with Zane Lowe and heard him waxing poetic about lining up at Tower Records as if fans don't stand in lines together anymore. What does he think happens outside the venue before shows? I've spent countless hours in line with other presale ticketholders waiting for early entry - sometimes all night. Or just waiting in the general line. Met plenty of other fans both in line and inside the venue. Been there, done that. And yeah, I saw LCD Soundsystem on the tour he refers to in the interview. I saw them twice in Philadelphia and had a great time. I bought my tickets ONLINE, got an airbnb and had a fun weekend getaway. TWO shows, ONE trip. I'm so pissed...gotta get over it. :P

I'm not too thrilled about going up there, but I understand where he is coming from. Scalpers destroyed the Royal Albert Hall show and the Vegas shows. I assume he thinks that the scalpers will be minimal in person whereas online they run rampant. I don't know how long NIN thought about this but if you see their posts after the RAH show, it's apparent that it frustrated them.

Now I do wish that they would do something like make your name at the show match the card / id and stuff instead of making us go out there. On the other hand, this could just be a really special event that is part of the album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamclassic View Post
    I'm not too thrilled about going up there, but I understand where he is coming from. Scalpers destroyed the Royal Albert Hall show and the Vegas shows. I assume he thinks that the scalpers will be minimal in person whereas online they run rampant. I don't know how long NIN thought about this but if you see their posts after the RAH show, it's apparent that it frustrated them.

Now I do wish that they would do something like make your name at the show match the card / id and stuff instead of making us go out there. On the other hand, this could just be a really special event that is part of the album.
    I've said this already, but putting the person's name that buys the tickets on the tickets would go a VERY long way to cutting out the scalpers. Having to show ID at entry is the best way to do this. I'm fine with the in person thing they are doing, but it needs to be coupled with names on tickets. I still think you are going to see a lot of scalpers in the physical line...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know more specifically the different section ticket prices for the NYC gigs?
    The RCMH website says $75-250. are they all seated? is the pit standing room or seated?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Legerdemain View Post
    Does anyone know more specifically the different section ticket prices for the NYC gigs?
    The RCMH website says $75-250. are they all seated? is the pit standing room or seated?
    From over in the NYC thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by gorny540 View Post
    I'm guessing the only $75 tix are 3rd mezz, atleast according to this reddit post (copied word for word below). I guess no one will know for sure til they get to the front of the box office line.

Pit area is $250, orchestra is $200
    Back orchestra and mezzanine is $150
    3rd mezzanine is $75
    Source: Box office
    No word on the seating. Have there been unseated RCMH shows? Every one I've been to there has had seats for the entire auditorium.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    0 chance there's an unseated area at Radio City.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting.... I'm unclear on how this isn't scalping??

https://www.ticketliquidator.com/eve...-%5B6232081%5D

I also called the Fox Theatre and they are kinda clueless to be honest. They called this a "Pre-sale" and stated they weren't sure how any remaining tickets would be sold should it not sell out. She could tell me however that there are 8 different ticket prices available ranging from $175 to $75 but couldn't tell me what section I would be seated in at each price point. Very weird. Seating capacity is 5,000 or so so I suspect it will sell out. But with the weird ticket sales and being a week night.... who knows?
    Last edited by trezdustrial; 05-18-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    It sounds like every venue is saying that tickets will be online "if" they don't all sell tomorrow, so it's not exactly a presale if everything is available for purchase immediately. Some cities will probably be fine but I will be shocked if LA, Chicago, NYC etc. don't all sell out and have a ton given to scalpers.

Trent's mention in that new interview about people who live in the middle of nowhere as being shit out of luck because he had the same problem growing up is so weird to me. "It sucked when I was a kid so it should suck for you too" is such a ridiculous point and his mention that shows aren't treated as special anymore/people feel entitled is odd because those of us in the middle of nowhere (which apparently now means anywhere that isn't LA/NYC/Chicago) who make big travel plans for this band clearly view it as a big enough deal to spend a ton of money and time for a ninety minute show.

Rather than removing barriers for fans this feels like a way of putting more up. If you make a point to stress that you won't be touring a ton and that you don't know if you'll tour like this again (which he has now said almost every single tour for 9 years now) then you shouldn't be surprised that a lot of fans would want to be able to travel to make it out to see you. The last thing I want is to only ever be able to get in to see more festival and more arena dates in the future (which, again, he's back to saying might not even exist). All this is doing is guaranteeing that people who can't set their Saturday aside to go stand in line regardless of weather conditions who feel the way about his shows that he apparently hopes this will inspire will end up supporting the ticket brokers and scalpers this is supposed to stop. To not at least limit the amount of tickets available for the presale feels like a total recipe for disaster.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    It sounds like every venue is saying that tickets will be online "if" they don't all sell tomorrow, so it's not exactly a presale if everything is available for purchase immediately. Some cities will probably be fine but I will be shocked if LA, Chicago, NYC etc. don't all sell out and have a ton given to scalpers.

Trent's mention in that new interview about people who live in the middle of nowhere as being shit out of luck because he had the same problem growing up is so weird to me. "It sucked when I was a kid so it should suck for you too" is such a ridiculous point and his mention that shows aren't treated as special anymore/people feel entitled is odd because those of us in the middle of nowhere (which apparently now means anywhere that isn't LA/NYC/Chicago) who make big travel plans for this band clearly view it as a big enough deal to spend a ton of money and time for a ninety minute show.

Rather than removing barriers for fans this feels like a way of putting more up. If you make a point to stress that you won't be touring a ton and that you don't know if you'll tour like this again (which he has now said almost every single tour for 9 years now) then you shouldn't be surprised that a lot of fans would want to be able to travel to make it out to see you. The last thing I want is to only ever be able to get in to see more festival and more arena dates in the future (which, again, he's back to saying might not even exist). All this is doing is guaranteeing that people who can't set their Saturday aside to go stand in line regardless of weather conditions who feel the way about his shows that he apparently hopes this will inspire will end up supporting the ticket brokers and scalpers this is supposed to stop. To not at least limit the amount of tickets available for the presale feels like a total recipe for disaster.
    Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled with his comments about why he decided to do it this way. I love the guy and everything he's done, but those comments just rubbed me the wrong way.

Also, got afraid when he said "We'll test this out, and if it doesn't work then oh well, we tried it and we will go back to another format for the next time - if there is a next time. We're getting older. We don't like touring etc" I was like really dude? You're going to quit again this soon after saying you were going to stay relevant and do this new form of touring every 6 months or so, smaller tours and now he wants to quit again?

To be fair though, I think he's put way too many shows on his plate this year. He's probably looking at all the shows he's booked from June-December and thinking "man, how did I get into this mess" I know the shows look a tad spread out, but he has a hefty amount of shows on his plate still by the looks of it.

He'll be back. He's always back. He can't stay away for long. If anything, some festival will bring him out of "retirement" again 3 years down the road.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-18-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I kind of oddly get what he means though about being 15 and stuck in the middle of nowhere and missing your favourite band, because when I was 16 I missed the Fragility tour because it didn't come anywhere close to me. I didn't live in a shitty small town or anything, it was still considered a fairly decent mid-sized city, but in late 90s/early 2000s we would only get the biggest bands on the planet coming through, nothing like NIN would have stepped foot in our city then. I had 2 friends that traveled to see them in Toronto. So jealous of them to this day. I have seen 18 shows from 2005 onwards, and I would trade half those shows just to have seen 1 fragility show.

Anyway, the point is, I get what he is saying about it being a "special occasion" to see your favorite band. An experience of some sort. Where I lived, if you wanted to see your fav band, you booked a trip to the nearest city they were playing. That's how we saw shows living in Winnipeg. And if you didn't, you'd be shit out of luck. It was nobody's fault but your own. People bitched and whined all the time when the artist wouldn't come, and they would be jealous if you told them that you traveled to see them. It became a special event. A rare treat. Seeing a band that was on everyone in your city's bucket list before them. It was a magical experience.

Now, I'm not saying what he is doing is right. I'm just saying I understand where he was coming from with that statement. However, segregating your fans like that is a very elitist thing to do. Now you are only allowing this certain percentage of your fans to attend. All the ones from those smaller city's and town's that were WILLING to travel to see the show, have now just been singled out. Now they can't even come either. People travel all over the world for shows. I'm going to Europe next month for 3 shows.
    How was I able to do that? Because I stayed up until 3am on the nights tickets went on sale and was able to buy them over the internet in the comfort of my own home from across the world. If he made those shows "in person" only, I wouldn't be going to Europe now.

Just because you have those people in the middle of nowhere who aren't getting a show in their city, doesn't mean those people won't make the effort to come to you. It's easy to forget this because all you ever see online is bitching about why ABC artist isn't coming to XYZ city. When tour dates get announced, the comment sections just fill up with "come to Florida" "where is Seattle" "Nothing in bum fuck nowhere Antarctica, are you CRAZY? you know how many fans are here?" Instead, as an artist, it would be nice to read comments like "Shit, he's going to Seattle. No Vancouver? I'll drive down for the show! It's worth it" but nobody does that.

I just feel it's a huge slap in the face to now eliminate people like myself that DO travel for shows. Sure, it would be nice to not have to, but I understand this is the nature of the business and not every artist can go to every city on every tour they have. I'm willing to hop on a plane and do the leg-work myself. But when you take away the ability for me to do so... what is the artist accomplishing? I don't see how anything is winning on this ticket selling formula at all. Someone else said earlier that Trent had perfected the ticket selling game to a "T" with the online pre-sales with the name on it and customized tickets etc. Why he abandoned that is beyond anyone's guess. That worked.

Myself and at least 3 other friends that live here in Vancouver with me were willing to make a trip out of it in LA this December. 1 guy that wants to go even has a sister that lives in LA, so we had a possible connection to buy tickets for us. That has since fallen through, she can't do it tomorrow, so he was like "well, now what? Got a plan B" and I don't... my plan B is to sit and hope the tickets don't sell out for the LA shows and there are some left over to buy online at a later date. But the chances of that are slim to none. Like I said, it sucks he's not coming here, but what sucks more is that fact that at least 4 people here are willing to travel down there to see him for all 4 nights and we DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO THAT, that is what fucking sucks about this.

/End of rant.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-18-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post

Trent said he has seen the bitching. So I'm guessing he's been reading these kinds of posts lol

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The LouderThanLife festival finally confirmed NIN's appearance. It's unlikely they'll play on the day off in-between Atlanta & Nashville, so they'll likely close out the festival on the 30th.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Trent said he has seen the bitching. So I'm guessing he's been reading these kinds of posts lol
    ha, yeah I thought about that. DAMN YOU REZNOR!
    On the other hand, I'm driving to Denver to get tickets, which is only five hours away, which I NEVER fucking do, and spending time with my niece and nephew who think that I'm Uncle Rock and Roll Jesus.
    So while I highly doubt that this was part of TRez' plan, this thing is causing me to participate in the physical world in a very important way.

Or hell, maybe it WAS part of the plan (minus visiting relatives.) Maybe part of it is that he's thinking that people should get off their asses and travel more? See something interesting in another town perhaps? Hell, idk.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-18-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    ha, yeah I thought about that. DAMN YOU REZNOR!
    On the other hand, I'm driving to Denver to get tickets, which is only five hours away, which I NEVER fucking do, and spending time with my niece and nephew who think that I'm Uncle Rock and Roll Jesus.
    So while I highly doubt that this was part of TRez' plan, this thing is causing me to participate in the physical world in a very important way.

Or hell, maybe it WAS part of the plan (minus visiting relatives.) Maybe part of it is that he's thinking that people should get off their asses and travel more? See something interesting in another town perhaps? Hell, idk.
    If they think you're Uncle "Rock and Roll" just play the new NIN single for them. Then they won't know what to call you lol

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    If they think you're Uncle "Rock and Roll" just play the new NIN single for them. Then they won't know what to call you lol
    They're like 7 and 4 and probably think everyone has an uncle with absurdly long hair and giant holes in his ears. And they will think that anything I play them is the cat's ass

Not uncle rock and roll; rather, uncle rock and roll Jesus. In fact it's probably more like just uncle Jesus hahaha.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The security prior to 8am is odd. So we just bumrushing the box office at 8? Seems unsafe.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The level of anxiety surrounding tomorrow morning is the equivalent to be one of the final 2 in a match of Fortnite. Fuuuuudggggee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    The security prior to 8am is odd. So we just bumrushing the box office at 8? Seems unsafe.
    Which box office are you referring to? Or just in general?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah that's total horse shit. I hope enough people show up before then that they realize they can't do that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anduril View Post
    Which box office are you referring to? Or just in general?
    I’d assume everywhere. I got a message from the Irving Music Factory telling us security wasn’t going to let us line up prior to 8.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    The level of anxiety surrounding tomorrow morning is the equivalent to be one of the final 2 in a match of Fortnite. Fuuuuudggggee
    I might as well have been walking around with my Anxiety sticker on my forehead all week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I’d assume everywhere. I got a message from the Irving Music Factory telling us security wasn’t going to let us line up prior to 8.
    We'll see about that. Going to show up early and see what they do. They'll have to remove me from the premises by force lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    We'll see about that. Going to show up early and see what they do. They'll have to remove me from the premises by force lol
    Yeah, I’m not really sure when I should leave...Six? Whole thing is confusing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That’s what I thought. So I guess it will be a bum rush to the box office. This is dumb.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah, I’m not really sure when I should leave...Six? Whole thing is confusing.
    Yeah I'm planning six too. As in six minutes lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm planning six too. As in six minutes lol
    Tonight would be a perfect night to camp out too.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tonight would be a perfect night to camp out too.
    NIN is all about no rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    NIN is all about no rules.
    Rules are nice when it comes to lines.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anduril View Post
    Rules are nice when it comes to lines.
    Seems like at least for us in Dallas there are no rules.

Except, come 8am, may the odds be ever in your favor.