Page 112 of 123 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,360 of 3664

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does anyone actually see the NTAE CD on Amazon? I don't.
    i saw AV, ordered it, and saw it was delayed.
    thanks for your he,p

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    thanks for your he,p
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    For whatever reason, the NTAE CD is unavailable in the UK. Hopefully it'll appear as the release date approaches.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    OF FUCKING COURSE it had to be a fucking Yodel parcel. Any UK resident will tell you they are a match made in hell with Sandbag.

NTAE is at my neighbor (because what other fucking time would you attempt a delivery than 9:27 AM on a workday) who appeared not to be home for the last hour. Perfect.
    It took a bank holiday to find the guy at home, but now I'm one of the lucky owners of an undamaged one.

Some physical component got into my hair, but I'm happy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Does anyone have an extra copy they might want to trade me? I got two NTAE vinyls shipped to me, but I only ordered one and both copies have the same blue background/red text. Did anybody else get an extra copy as well but has the opposite (red background/blue text) instead and wants to maybe swap? I just peeked through the plastic on the opening side to check the colors out after opening my first copy and so I decided to leave the extra copy still sealed incase anybody wants to swap with me... PM me please

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    thanks for your he,p
    Here's the link for NTAE: http://amzn.to/2wcA6QQ
    And here for ADD VIOLENCE: http://amzn.to/2gk5De6

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I am starting to think neither are coming out on CD. Is Trent like the only artist now who releases albums digitally and on vinyl but NOT CD anymore? I think he allowed himself to buy into what the Apple people were saying, at how nobody buys CDs anymore...maybe Taylor Swift and Bieber and Tyler the Creator fans dont buy CDs anymore, but I think its pretty safe to say NINs hardcore dedicated fanbase will gladly eat up physical CD copies of his albums. You got fans dropping hundreds of dollars on fucking vinyl of Before The Flood soundtracks which they will probably listen to one time, yet he doesnt think his fans will drop 10-14 bucks on CDs? I think he underestimates just how rabid the fanbase is. If he put out a 5 disc set of him burping into a mic, people would plop money down on it

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I am starting to think neither are coming out on CD.
    Add Violence is almost certainly coming out on CD - the Add Violence announcement (http://www.nin.com/nine-inch-nails-a...ing-21-july-2/) mentioned it, and listings on Amazon and other retailers don't just magically come out of nowhere. I admit that NTAE is a bit of a wildcard 'cause AFAIK we've never gotten any official word about that ones, and I think the listings have always said "Import," so who knows.

TR's public stance is definitely "who's got two thumbs and doesn't care about CDs? THIS guy" nowadays, but he nevertheless put the AV CD announcement right there.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    The fact its been delayed 3 times already and pushed further and further back (sept 1, to sept 22 and now mid october) is what is making me wary

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I heard that Trent is going to release 11 digital/vinyl EPs over next three years and then repackage them as 11-CD Teargarden by Kaleidyscope box-set.

...wait a minute

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i don't think anyone has mentioned that, but not that many of us have actually gotten our vinyl, yet. haha.

are you actually hearing extra sounds, or is it just that they're emphasized differently because of the format? there's a lot of noisy stuff happening in the background of branches/bones (and i say that about the digital version) at the beginning.
    That is a good point, they could just be coming through clearer. Further listening required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do we know why the hell they used the Still cover for NTAE yet???

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    What's the etiquette on Vinyl spoilers?

I have some questions about packaging, variants, and ARG clues. Is there a summary of all the latest Vinyl info?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Side B is a really terrifying listen. My god.

The vinyl packaging is really, really nice for NTAE. Or should I say the presentation moreso - the packaging is nice, obviously, but component-wise it's pretty simple. It's the little things that make it really interesting - Spoiler: the red splotch on the back, the dust all over the sleeve (mine is actually pretty clean, but it does have numerous clear finger/handprints, which is cool; I was hoping for that), whatever Side B is supposed to mean - and makes me glad I bought it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Mine's dusty, which makes me never want to open it from its plastic sleeve.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I finally got the chance to dig in to the vinyl tonight, and I gotta say, I'm really impressed with both the sound and the packaging for NTAE. I love the design of the inner sleeve with both printed and semi-transparent embossed lyrics, that are actually easier to read, as long as the light is catching them just right. Not sure if that made sense, but you know what I'm talking about if you've examined the inner sleeve. It's just a cool, unique, and very NIN design. No idea what it all means in the context of the larger trilogy project, but I'll leave that you guys to figure out!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    https://store.nin.com/collections/ob...oducts/journal

Did anyone order one of these? Is it literally just a blank journal, or does it contain any content?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinata89 View Post

Did anyone order one of these? Is it literally just a blank journal, or does it contain any content?
    I don'r believe that any of those have shipped out yet, so no one knows what's inside yet.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinata89 View Post

@Applous on the NIN Discord received it - it's "nothing but a sexy journal"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ordered 12/17. Received today. Shipped to Australia from the UK. Got the blue sleeve. Was hoping for red, but I'll pick up the red one later, I guess.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

CD is "temporarily out of stock" on Amazon. I pre-ordered my copy months ago and it didn't ship (says it will ship later today). I don't think I'll be getting the CD any time soon. Amazon says vinyl is also "temporarily out of stock."
    Last edited by GulDukat; 09-01-2017 at 05:08 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    None of us will be getting that CD anytime soon. I don't think any of the dates they have shown are even remotely real. Only date we can trust is the one(s) that Trent or the NIN team post somewhere for those CD releases.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i got an e-mail from amazon re: the CD asking me to either approve a delay in release/shipment or cancel my order.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    who we kidding. this fuckin thing aint coming out on CD...pre-ordered it in June....still says "not yet shipped" even tho today was the supposed release date

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I ordered NTAE vinyl like almost Two weeks ago and still no any email. I know you waited long for orders from december 2016, but I thought that it doesn't take a long time after they already started shipping it.
    Geez, I cannot wait for AV vinyl! But it is music of far future probably...

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Has ANYONE gotten an email confirmation from amazon claiming the CD has been shipped..or is this bullshit (like I suspected)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    No offense to the NIN management but it would be good if they at least WOULD ADDRESS these issues to us.
    First off, I suggest taking down that SILLY vinyl statement off the NIN official website.
    If the fear is that things get digitized, it's not a vinyl only sale that will prevent this since you can have your LP digitize within 1 hour with, say, any decent turntable.
    If the fear is that CDs will get ripped by software, this will not either prevent from content getting uploaded to whatever torrent tracker.
    Also, when a digital download is offered, is even more dumb to assume that people won't put up on torrent trackers. This option is even easier and the person don't even need to rip the CD. And I've spotted 2 or 4 trackers with NIN direct downloads being seeded ad infinitum.

Whatever reason is really behind this, does not stand up just for the sake of 1980/1990 music listening practices.

Please offer your music in all formats.

Now to the issues
    (and please, "like a barring act of God"):

1) Are we getting a NTAE EP on CD, or not?
    2) Are we getting a AV EP on CD as well, because I really don't know if I can believe 100% since there is a thread going on about orders that are making buyers crazy.

If you happen to read this and be TR's cousin or distant relative, please take a picture of this post and message him. Thank you.
    With all due respect.
    Last edited by Quantum550; 09-07-2017 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    No offense to the NIN management but it would be good if they at least WOULD ADDRESS these issues to us.
    First off, I suggest taking down that SILLY vinyl statement off the NIN official website.
    If the fear is that things get digitized, it's not a vinyl only sale that will prevent this since you can have your LP digitize within 1 hour with, say, any decent turntable.
    If the fear is that CDs will get ripped by software, this will not either prevent from content getting uploaded to whatever torrent tracker.
    Also, when a digital download is offered, is even more dumb to assume that people won't put up on torrent trackers.
    Whatever reason is really behind this, does not stand up just for the sake of 1980/1990 music listening practices.

Please offer your music in all formats.

Now to the issues
    (and please, "like a barring act of God"):

1) Are we getting a NTAE EP on CD, or not?
    2) Are we getting a AV EP on CD as well, because I really don't know if I can believe 100% since there is a thread going on about orders that are making buyers crazy.

If you happen to read this and be TR's cousin or distant relative, please take a picture of this post and message him. Thank you.
    With all due respect.

Half with, half against

If NIN wants to just do vinyl and digital, then they will. Lots of artists do these days (mostly indie), look at bandcamp and many bands are seeing how little money is recouped from CD sales, often outright losses. It's not a piracy issue (I can rip any vinyl I want, line out cable and Audacity), it's a profitability and quality issue.
    But with that, yes some addressing of issues would be great, talking about the CD listings moving and changing on Amazon, the fact that the all-important vinyl for AV still isn't actually for sale.

And offering on ALL formats? You want AAC, MP3, WAV, FLAC, ALAC et al for digital; CD, DVD-A, SACD and BD-A for optical; Cassette and Vinyl for analogue? All formats ain't going to happen, and honestly not offering BD-A, considering how much the audiophile message is being chanted, is way worse than not offering CD

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Sorry, I think you got me wrong a little.
    I give you the reasoning on the CD recouping little money. (I will give you this one.)
    I myself can't sell any brand-new CD in second hand market, so I feel the artists' pain.
    Not to mention that we're just a few days ahead for the CD to look like a supermarket biscuit, since everyone's dropping jewel case and going card sleeve - and the CD manufacturing quality also has decreased a lot. Example of that is this bloody digibook, everything is paper and when you buy a deluxe version only to find out the media has been scratched by the paper and package manufacture process.

About the formats, I don't mean encoder formats. I mean the most logical to have available: CD, Vinyl and Digital Download.

About the Amazon come-and-go listings and the Add Violence 12" yes, we're together in that. I'm very impatient. :-)

A curious thing: I just went to the NIN site to "Notify me when this item is released". Straight to a 404 HTTP error!
    This is being like this for over more than a month, as I recall.
    We definitely need these issues addressed.
    Last edited by Quantum550; 09-07-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I really don't think CD is logical to have with the mission statement though. Yes, I think albums should still be on CD for as long as possible because of the format's ease of use, but for what NIN is selling music for right now, BD-A makes much more sense. Considering NIN has had ONE BD-A release, and TR+AR scores did one too, it's mad that it's an ignored format for them.

And the notify button worked for me, try clearing your cache? Seems it creates a key for each one, so you'll need cookies turned on etc too most likely