Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i recently re-played the original metroid (virtual console on the WiiU) and it was still great. without a map or a walkthrough, it's still HARD, too.
    I feel like I could still find my way around just based on muscle memory. Norfair is a very easy place to get lost, though! So many passageways, most of which are useless even haha. I still have PTSD from those long vertical bubbly columns in the deeper portions of there that can easily spell a (very long) game over if you get trapped in the lava. I guess it would be possible to bomb blast your way out, but I was never very good at that technique.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    yeah the original metroid is still one of my all-time favorites. sure, super metroid is superior, but the original is still a masterpiece.

agree on the game boy version though. not sure HOW i beat it back in the day considering it's so monochrome and a bit of a mess...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    yeah the original metroid is still one of my all-time favorites. sure, super metroid is superior, but the original is still a masterpiece.

agree on the game boy version though. not sure HOW i beat it back in the day considering it's so monochrome and a bit of a mess...
    the only reason i haven't gotten a tattoo of samus in morph ball form yet is that she just wouldn't look that good in B&W, and all my tattoos are black/grey.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the only reason i haven't gotten a tattoo of samus in morph ball form yet is that she just wouldn't look that good in B&W, and all my tattoos are black/grey.
    You could always do the dot matrix style with her?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i had to send in my WiiU for repair (thankfully, free, instead of the normal $115 charge) because of an error that seems to be running rampant on WiiU consoles (error 160-0103). i'm mostly sad because my friend whom i lent BotW just finished it, but i have to wait another three weeks to be able to play it again.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This'll probably mean we'll have to wait even longer to get the virtual console on the Switch...if ever.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    This'll probably mean we'll have to wait even longer to get the virtual console on the Switch...if ever.
    Why? Honest question. One is physical supply and one is software. I can't imagine the same people are working on these projects, so why would there be interference?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Why? Honest question. One is physical supply and one is software. I can't imagine the same people are working on these projects, so why would there be interference?
    Well if Nintendo are seeing people clamor for these physical releases with their old games (and paying over and above) they'll probably see putting the same games on the Switch as reducing the value and want for the classics. That's just my opinion and based on Nintendo's slow (and sparse) release of previous viral console titles. Hope i'm wrong.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/13/16...ves-mario-bros

Well.. no Virtual Console announcement, but hey it's something! I wonder if the full original Donkey Kong arcade game with the extra stage will eventually be part of this.

I wish they'd all be on one cartridge, but definitely sign me up for Mario Bros., Pinball, and Super Mario Bros. - if I remember right, the SMB arcade game actually had some of the "Lost Levels" included. I remember some realllly difficult pits where you had to consecutively jump across strings of koopa troopas. It's been years though.

Doom and Wolfenstein coming to Switch, Project Octopath Traveler demo out... Arcade Classics series.. Nintendo is seemingly on fire right now!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I really want a Switch so i can play DOOM on the tube!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    I'm impressed with how good it looks on the Switch!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I love all the "it not 1080p 60fps waaaa" comments Doom is getting. Sure, those tears are gonna stop me playing Doom again on my lunch breaks or on the bus...
    Anywho, Pretty excited by the SNES mini, Really getting into Zelda on the Switch too and took down my first Divine Beast (hey, I've got other stuff to do...) picked up Mario Kart which is a fucking gem. Oh and a little £4 indie called Pan-Pan which was also a delight. I bloody love the Switch. Between that and the raft of NMS updates and japanese games like Yakuza on Ps4 I'd say this year has been pretty special.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    got my WiiU back from repair. the good news is that it didn't cost me anything and they were able to fix it. the bad news is i have to re-download all the games i had installed on my system and, despite my fast internet, it is taking FOREVER. my wife just wants to play wind waker, damnit!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I had very little intentions of getting a switch anytime soon, still haven't been majorly sold on any of the games yet, Mario Odyssey looks pretty awesome though. So totally spontaneous at 4:30am in the morning on Thursday night going into Friday morning, I decided (for whatever reason totally out of the blue) to check out all the major electronic/toy retailers in my area to see if they had switch stock online. The Best buy site claimed that 2 of the locations near me had stock available to reserve online and pick up. I was skeptical though, thought this was impossible to find... Next thing you know, I'm completing a web pick up order to go grab it on Friday...

Yep, I spontaneously bought a Nintendo switch this weekend. Wasn't expecting that, lol. Nintendo always seems to get me when I least expect it. Now, are they gonna manage to sucker me into a SNES classic next week is the question.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    http://brickseek.com/target-inventor...ku=207-29-7001

Check your Target stock for the SNES Classic.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    http://brickseek.com/target-inventor...ku=207-29-7001

Check your Target stock for the SNES Classic.
    I would, but all the targets shut down in Canada years ago, lol.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I can't wait to get a Switch but it probably won't be until after Christmas (unless there's a black Friday deal)

My Vita should cover me until then, but the list of games i want on the Switch is growing almost weekly, i might have to book a week off when i get it just to complete them.

...but at least it might get slightly cheaper by new year. Fair play Nintendo, they always manage to turn things around, and by all accounts it feels this could be the console to rival the Wii in terms of popularity AND have the staying power for hardcore gamers that it lacked.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I would, but all the targets shut down in Canada years ago, lol.
    When I put in my zip code, all of the stores say "On Hand Qty: Check Back Prior to Launch Saleable Qty: 0." Is this just me? Is getting my hands on an SNES Classic on launch day a pipe dream? Feel like it most likely is...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    When I put in my zip code, all of the stores say "On Hand Qty: Check Back Prior to Launch Saleable Qty: 0." Is this just me? Is getting my hands on an SNES Classic on launch day a pipe dream? Feel like it most likely is...
    Toys R us is the best bet get there around 7/8 am and you should be able to get one.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Local Wal-Marts are showing as in stock but with ~20 units each. There's a handful with more than 30 but the same handful have less than 20.
    Last edited by allegate; 09-28-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Think there will be campers? Was thinking about trying to order one for pick up. Not sure if that's the way to go or not.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Oh, there's an idea. I might check that out when I wake up, see if I can reserve one before I get there. I'm not going to be doing anything crazy, I'm just checking one store tomorrow morning and moving on if I don't get one.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Best buy are only doing in-store. So I'm not sure about that one. If they only have 20, I can only imagine people will be there very early. Gonna probably just try amazon tonight, and maybe best buy before work. If that doesn't happen, I'll wait until the next wave.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Hmm, there's at least 130 in the greater Lansing area and that only includes Walmart and 1 of 3 Targets. There's also Toys R Us, Best Buy, and Gamestop so maybe there's a good chance at tomorrow being alright after all...

*edit - YESSS, the Target in Lansing was showing 42 this morning. They still had at least one left by the time I got there an hour later! So happy I got one, and even happier it wasn't through Walmart.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 09-29-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The Wal-Mart that I went to showed 25 in stock yesterday. When I stopped by last night to ask about what they're going to do they said, "There's 15 here, there will be a line, and tickets will be handed out." Whatever to the 10 'missing' units, I'll just get there early.

I parked at 5:15 and there were already 20 people there. Fuck. I almost walked away but I thought - because I'm a naïve idiot - "Oh, they might not all buy one, right?" I'm glad I didn't leave because they handed out about 40 tickets, everyone who was in line got one this morning. It was pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I called best buy around 9 to see if they had any. They did. I dropped everything and hauled ass. Drive at about 70mph. Traffic lights were out. The odds were against me. But like John Cena, I defied and buried them....I got one!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The Amazon Truck is in town today and selling the Classics so I grabbed another for my bro-in-law.