Page 62 of 86 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2580

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Please always put content warnings for graphic videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    full version:
    Admin warning: graphic content
    Spoiler:

Ok now I’m not watching this shit

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Ferguson and general police misconduct

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Ok now I’m not watching this shit

I didn't watch it either. The description is enough for me to hide it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Ferguson and general police misconduct

wtf was graphic about it????
    I didn't watch it. You posted that he's having a panic attack and shooting at people. Sounds Scary to me. I talked to leviathant and this is what we came up with. I think it's fair to warn people of the content especially if it's disturbing.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    wtf was graphic about it????
    Okay I watched it.

Nothing graphic in my opinion.

BUT this sure as fuck is an EXHIBIT A as to why cops need an EXTENSIVE PSYCH TEST (OR SIX) before they’re certified as a cop and given weapons. Holy shit. What @Swykk said.

While I fully respect that being a cop can be a difficult job, the police unions DO NOT protect us citizens; they protect the lowest common denominator / worst fucking employees.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-18-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Okay I watched it.

Nothing graphic in my opinion.

BUT this sure as fuck is an EXHIBIT A as to why cops need an EXTENSIVE PSYCH TEST (OR SIX) before they’re certified as a cop and given weapons. Holy shit. What @Swykk said.
    Ok I just changed to just say admin edit. Matt said linking (not embedding) is fine but I think tapatalk just shows me auto previews and I don't want to see it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Ok I just changed to just say admin edit. Matt said linking (not embedding) is fine but I think tapatalk just shows me auto previews and I don't want to see it.
    I can’t even tell that somebody was shot in the video; it’s just a cop clearly having a panic attack and a very brave paramedic talking the cop (who’s frozen) into giving up his gun.

@DigitalChaos , is the paramedic the pointing the cop’s gun and yelling at some distant perp?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Well you are going to be happy to learn what happened after this. I'm still trying to find a credible link that contains the full story... but the cops name is Justin Johnson. So you can google it.

The people he was going after were charged with felonies. The police report doesn't mention the panic attack and says he simply saw someone with a gun (no weapons were found). A defective said it was "some kind of cardiac event." The felonies were dropped but other charges remain. The cop is still on duty.
    Because OF COURSE they lied in the report and the cop still has his job.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    This is truly horrifying and not for the faint of heart,

https://www.facebook.com/shaunking/v...2731250099120/

"Daniel Shaver was unarmed.

Shot and killed by Officer Philip Brailsford in Mesa, Arizona. On Thursday afternoon, the officer was found not guilty on all charges and this video was just released.
    Many of us were aware of Daniel's murder, which happened in January of 2016, but the judge refused to allow the footage to be released until now.
    After you watch this video, which is horrible, you will wonder how the officer was not found guilty of a crime.
    Here's why. Police brutality is legal in America. Yes, it's legal. Two different Supreme Court cases protect it. And we must overturn those cases."

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    This is truly horrifying and not for the faint of heart,

https://www.facebook.com/shaunking/v...2731250099120/

"Daniel Shaver was unarmed.

Shot and killed by Officer Philip Brailsford in Mesa, Arizona. On Thursday afternoon, the officer was found not guilty on all charges and this video was just released.
    Many of us were aware of Daniel's murder, which happened in January of 2016, but the judge refused to allow the footage to be released until now.
    After you watch this video, which is horrible, you will wonder how the officer was not found guilty of a crime.
    Here's why. Police brutality is legal in America. Yes, it's legal. Two different Supreme Court cases protect it. And we must overturn those cases."
    Just saw the video. Made me sick to my stomach. Those instructions were fucking ridiculous. Fucking handcuff the guy while he's on the ground with his legs and arms spread.
    End of story.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Just saw the video. Made me sick to my stomach. Those instructions were fucking ridiculous. Fucking handcuff the guy while he's on the ground with his legs and arms spread.
    End of story.
    EXACTLY!!!! What the fuck. It sounded like there were at least 2 officers... one had an automatic weapon... are police so fragile and lacking in confidence now that they need to go through such a convoluted and unecessary process?

As you were saying... once he’s on the ground, slowly approach and restrain him... or just shoot his damn arms... fucking sick bastards just want a kill... pretending to be soldiers in a warzone.

and the officer basically created a situation where the suspect was giving him permission to shoot... consent... if you don’t do exactly as I say, you will be shot. Do you understand? Yes.. ok.. make one mistake and game over. What a sick insecure scum of a human.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    What really puts this situation into perspective, in case any more was needed after the video, is what was inscribed on the officer's weapon: "You're Fucked".

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    What really puts this situation into perspective, in case any more was needed after the video, is what was inscribed on the officer's weapon: "You're Fucked".
    that is correct again I'm more vetted in software. I've had to take polygraphs pee tests. why you're not given a any kind of mental health evaluation while going through the academy is beyond me. I know everyone in this country is now packing. the "war on drugs" has militarized our police, training is fear based not on conflict resolution. when is the last time you saw read anything evolving police where a gun was not pulled used.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Holy shit: a couple of cops in our little town of 1900 people shot and killed someone last night.
    They are keeping everything under tight wraps: we don't know who was shot or which cops did the shooting.
    The available information keeps changing. They REALLY don't want this getting out, it would seem. I guess that what we know for sure is that at least one cop shot and killed at least one person during an arrest, and it's likely that two cops were shooting and a second man was shot But not killed.
    But we do know that the Texas Rangers are investigating, which usually isn't good news for the cops.
    This will absolutely be the biggest story in this town since one of their officers was killed in the mid 90s.
    http://www.newschannel10.com/story/3...g-in-stratford

This type of shit just doesn't happen here. This place is 1900 people and one square mile. This isn't supposed to happen.

And i hope to GOD that these cops were justified in their actions. I know these guys; I don't think there are more than eight of them at the very most. I go to church with a couple of them. Hell, we were having car trouble on Christmas eve and I was to play guitar at the service, so one of the cops gave us a ride. These are not the sort of cops you'd expect to shoot someone.
    But it isn't sounding good so far :/

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Eric Garner's murderer escapes federal charges. :|

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/n...-pantaleo.html

In case it is pay wall'd:

The Justice Department will not bring federal charges against a New York City police officer in the death of Eric Garner, ending a yearslong inquiry into a case that sharply divided officials and prompted national protests over excessive force by the police.

The United States attorney in Brooklyn, Richard P. Donoghue, announced the decision not to bring criminal civil rights charges on Tuesday morning, one day before the fifth anniversary of Mr. Garner’s death. That is the deadline by which they would have to file some of the possible charges against the officer, Daniel Pantaleo.

Mr. Donoghue called Mr. Garner’s death a tragedy, but said “the evidence does not support charging Police Officer Pantaleo with a federal civil rights violation.”He went over the entire arrest step-by-step and said the government could not prove Officer Pantaleo willfully used excessive force to violate Mr. Garner’s rights as required under the law.

The decision extinguishes the hopes of the Garner family and their supporters that Officer Pantaleo might face federal prosecution in a case that ignited demonstrations and debates over the use of force by police officers and led to changes in policing practices across the United States.

After meeting with prosecutors, Mr. Garner’s mother, Gwen Carr, denounced the decision, saying she would keep pushing to hold the officers involved in the arrest accountable. They also called on the city to fire OfficerPantaleo.

“We might not never know justice in the D.O.J., but I think there will be justice, and we’re going to keep fighting,” Ms. Carr said “We’re not going away, so you can forget that.”

The Rev. Al Sharpton, who was standing with her, added: “Five years ago, Eric Garner was choked to death; today the federal government choked Lady Justice, and that is why we are outraged.

In June, the Police Department finished a disciplinary trial to determine if Officer Pantaleo should be fired or punished in some other way for using what appeared to be a chokehold, which the department had banned more than two decades ago.

It is ultimately up to Commissioner James P. O’Neill, as the final arbiter of police discipline, to decide whether to fire Officer Pantaleo or take less drastic action, like docking vacation time.

But Mr. O’Neill will not make a formal decision until the police administrative judge who oversaw the disciplinary trial renders her verdict, and he is still awaiting her report, a spokesman for the department, Philip T. Walzak, said in a statement.“Because of the need to protect the integrity of the process, the N.Y.P.D. will not comment further at this time,” the statement said.

Officer Pantaleo, 34, has been on desk duty without a shield or a gun since Mr. Garner died, a status that has allowed him to accrue pay and pension benefits.

Mr. Garner, who was 43, died on a Staten Island sidewalk on July 17, 2014, after Officer Pantaleo wrapped an arm around his neck from behind and took him to the ground and other officers put their weight on him, compressing his chest against the pavement.

The officers had been ordered to arrest him for selling untaxed cigarettes, and he resisted them. A medical examiner testified at the disciplinary hearing that the pressure on Mr. Garner’s neck and chest set in motion a fatal asthma attack.

Some bystanders captured video of the attack on their cellphones, recording Mr. Garner as he gasped “I can’t breathe,” dying words that became a rallying cry for protesters across the nation.

His death was one of several fatal encounters between black people and the police, including the fatal shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., a month later, that catalyzed the national Black Lives Matter movement.

Prosecutors did a “rigorous analysis” of the event, but in the end they did not believe they had enough evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Officer Pantaleo committed a crime, a senior Justice Department official said on Tuesday, speaking on the condition of anonymity because he had not been authorized to speak on the record.

To prove criminal conduct, the official said, the government had to convince a jury that in the middle of a dynamic arrest Officer Pantaleo made a clear decision in his mind to apply a chokehold, a burden prosecutors did not believe they could meet, the official said.

None of the New York officers involved in Mr. Garner’s death have been charged with a crime or disciplined by the Police Department, a fact that has enraged the Garner family and various advocacy groups devoted to holding the police accountable for abuses of power.

Mr. Garner’s family members — including his mother, Gwen Carr — met with federal prosecutors and the Rev. Al Sharpton on Tuesday morning

A state grand jury declined to bring charges against Officer Pantaleo in December 2014, after the police officer testified in his own defense that he did not put Mr. Garner into a chokehold, a maneuver that is prohibited by the New York Police Department, and that he feared that he would be pushed through a storefront window during the struggle.

But a federal investigation into Mr. Garner’s death proceeded, sharply dividing the Justice Department under four attorneys general and two presidents.

The attorney general at the time of the death, Eric H. Holder Jr., said that evidence strongly suggested that the federal government should bring charges against Officer Pantaleo, even though it is notoriously hard to prosecute police officers for deaths in custody and the government might lose.

While career civil rights prosecutors agreed with Mr. Holder, prosecutors under the United States attorney in Brooklyn, Loretta E. Lynch, sharply disagreed. Officer Pantaleo had testified that he intended to put Mr. Garner into a takedown hold that would not restrict his breathing and that it was not clear whether the dead man’s civil rights had been violated.

Prosecutors in Brooklyn and in Washington also disagreed about whether a passer-by’s cellphone video supported Officer Pantaleo’s account.

After Ms. Lynch succeeded Mr. Holder in April 2015, officials including the head of the civil rights division, Vanita Gupta, worked to convince her that the officers had used excessive force and had likely violated Mr. Garner’s civil rights.

Ms. Lynch allowed the civil rights division to take a lead role in the case, and the following September the department replaced the F.B.I. agents and prosecutors who had been working on the case with a new team from outside of New York.

But the case stalled again after Mr. Trump won the presidential election and appointed Jeff Sessions as his attorney general. Civil rights division prosecutors recommended that charges be brought, and they asked the deputy attorney general at the time, Rod J. Rosenstein, about indicting Officer Pantaleo.

But Mr. Rosenstein did not allow the department to move forward on an indictment, and many officials said they believed that there was a good chance that the government would lose the case should it go to trial.

The last time the federal government brought a deadly force case against a New York police officer was in 1998, when Officer Francis X. Livoti stood trial on — and was eventually convicted of — civil rights charges in the choking death of a Bronx man named Anthony Baez.

Federal prosecutors signaled they were still interested in the case as recently as June, when Elizabeth Geddes, the head of the civil rights unit that covers Staten Island, appeared at the disciplinary hearing for Officer Pantaleo. She left the proceedings at Police Headquarters in Lower Manhattan after it became clear that Officer Pantaleo would not testify.

At the hearing, Officer Pantaleo faced charges of recklessly using a chokehold on Mr. Garner and intentionally restricting his breathing. Prosecutors from the Civilian Complaint Review Board, a police oversight agency, argued that he should be fired; his attorney, Stuart London, maintained that the officer did nothing wrong, but used a technique taught in the Police Academy known as the seatbelt maneuver, not a chokehold.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Eric Garner's murderer escapes federal charges. :|

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/n...-pantaleo.html

In case it is pay wall'd:
    I was watching msnbc earlier and apparently this was decided by Trump's puppet AG Barr apparently. I'm not surprised but I am deeply disappointed.

According to a senior Justice Department official, Attorney General William Barr made the final decision not to charge Pantaleo, choosing to follow the recommendations of Brooklyn prosecutors.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...h-won-n1030321

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    The fact that the city has paid the family for his wrongful death just surprises me that the cop still has his job. Why in the world does he still have his job????

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Because cops are above the law.

Detective sent to investigate a child rape victim rapes her again. Will likely only get 3 years.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/u...llegation.html

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    In the States, there is now a 1 in 1,000 chance that a young black man will be murdered by a cop.

https://www.latimes.com/science/stor...-for-black-men

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Eric Garner's murderer finally gets fired - five years later.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...death-n1041336

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Eric Garner's murderer finally gets fired - five years later.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...death-n1041336
    YES!!!!! Hallelujah, I never thought I'd see this happen.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Like the Catholic Church, he'll just go elsewhere. But still happy to see this happen. Not "happy", but you know.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    The Guyger trial started today. And in what was likely an attempt to get the case thrown out so they did not have to prosecute a cop, the DA gave a televised interview in violation of a gag order just last night.

The judge's reaction to learning this is great.

Last edited by Sarah K; 09-23-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Guyger found guilty of MURDER. I am stunned.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I am kinda too but it’s right. You can’t deny it.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Oh, for sure. I was just expecting her to walk like the rest of them typically do.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I'm shocked too, but that prosecutor dragged that woman from here to kingdom come. She did not look sympathetic at all on the stand, even my mom (who is a retired LEO and will sadly defend cops past the point of reason) was like "yeah, that bitch needs to go to prison that was murder straight-up".

I'm well past the point of being surprised when cops get off for killing innocent minorities. It says a lot about the state of our affairs when we are MORE shocked when they face consequences.

I'm glad justice was done, but justice doesn't make victims or their families whole after a crime like this.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    $20 says if it had been a man he would've been acquitted, or at least found guilty on a lesser count.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Oh for sure. Had she been a man it would have panned out much different.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Only gets 10 years