Page 47 of 135 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Had no idea he patched things up with Trent! That's great...

I think he got too ruthless... I find it hard to believe he imagined in the early days that they would ever be a #1 selling band - a respected cult curio, sure. So when he got a whiff of bigtime success he started getting pretty cutthroat. Unfortunately his brand of schtick was pretty much on the cusp of going out of date.

I've not been head over heels for anything he's done since MA (although I felt EMDM was underrated and nicely low key), but I still believe he could do something awesome again. And yep he patched up with daisy admirably, even paying towards his treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I think he's hilarious! With the Kurt thing he was saying that nicking riffs and becoming just another rockstar was what did kurt in

I think even if you find his mouthing off tiresome, the guy is in the right regarding manson and was pretty much the first person to call twiggy out, he deserves credit on those fronts

And yep he hawks his stuff on eBay which people look down on (whilst they toil in ignominy at crap jobs), but he has turned down various offers to cash in on his past (writing a book, even rejoining MM) because he is just done with it, and that kind of integrity is pretty rare
    He’s not done with it, he still hasn’t got over it and keeps on talking shit. He has the right to do whatever he wants, but what is showing from his social media activity is pride and douchebaggery, not integrity.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Heaven Upside Down is a quite pleasing listen. I mean, sure, it's basically a Tyler Bates album with Manson on vocals, but he's been making the best-sounding and most interesting MM music since Holy Wood. Manson himself sounds like he's enjoying it a lot, just like The Pale Emperor. Overall, not a bad way to spend 47 minutes.
    Last edited by wizfan; 11-26-2017 at 01:07 AM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...n-concert.html

Manson looking like everyones uncle these days. fat belly, glasses and a walker

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    We're only human.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    We're only human.
    Seiously.

Was expecting the click bait to be a lot worse. He's hot a broken leg- gotta get around somehow. Looks far from grotesquely overweight. Lot of things we can make fun of about the guy, but getting older and needing glasses isn't one of them.

Also really liking the new album more and more. Pleasant surprise of the year.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post

A walker instead of a wheelchair... he’s recovering and I’m happy for him.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Lot of things we can make fun of about the guy, but getting older and needing glasses isn't one of them.
    Yeah, regardless of whatever stupid shit he does, massive respect to the guy for getting up there in front of thousands of people on a physically demanding tour with an injury.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

This guy is edgy. So sharp.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    This guy is edgy. So sharp.
    Besides, none of my uncles look like that at all.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Yeah, regardless of whatever stupid shit he does, massive respect to the guy for getting up there in front of thousands of people on a physically demanding tour with an injury.
    Do you have respect for him for getting up in front of thousands of people (who paid hard earned money for tickets) totally wasted/drunk/high and putting on shitshow performances? Because thats basically what hes done every single live show post 2007.The ironic thing is this injury might actually force him to go onstage sober which is a whole new experience for him. Maye he'll learn something from it all

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Do you have respect for him for getting up in front of thousands of people (who paid hard earned money for tickets) totally wasted/drunk/high and putting on shitshow performances?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Jokes aside, I watched a YouTube video of his live from November 17th, 2017 and he actually sounded pretty good. I guess standing in place gives more energy to sing and less exhaustion from "trying" to move around on stage and laze about.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I feel like the difference just between this and the GGG tour is drastic in terms of his vocals. Really wish I'd been able to catch this tour back in the day.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Just bought Mechanical Animals earlier and giving it a listen before i sleep.

Ill post my thoughts when o wake up later

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Just bought Mechanical Animals earlier and giving it a listen before i sleep.

Ill post my thoughts when o wake up later
    perspective changing album...what they were able to do from antichrist to mechanical was amazing. both perfect albums and both drastically different.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Well then you aren't gonna enjoy how i feel about it.

And you guys are especially gonna hate why i don't really like it.

This album...for the most part...didn't really do much for me. It's not bad, not bad at all but...apart from a few songs...i just couldn't get into it very much.

I love Great Big White World and The Last Day On Earth and i cannot not for the life of me get Coma White out of my head...goddamn that's a great song and the other two "hit" singles were solid too but...everything else...i was just...kinda meh.

Now the reason for why I don't like it...which you guys are probably gonna burn me alive for saying it.

I never got into Bowie....

Yeah I said it, i could never get into Bowie...believe me, I tried...and im pretty sure that reason alone is why i didn't really care much for Mecha animals.

Im still gonna give Holywood a chance though, but so far i think Antichrist is better...but not by much...sorry?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I truly prefer Holy Wood, myself, of those three. Consistently good hooks, clever lyrics, and hot guitar licks, all the way through.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Now the reason for why I don't like it...which you guys are probably gonna burn me alive for saying it.

I never got into Bowie....

Yeah I said it, i could never get into Bowie...believe me, I tried...and im pretty sure that reason alone is why i didn't really care much for Mecha animals.

Im still gonna give Holywood a chance though, but so far i think Antichrist is better...but not by much...sorry?
    So uh, not sure why liking and not liking an inspired artist makes an album or song from another band part of the verdict? Not like Manson was in Bowie's band or a backup singer. Don't see the correlation how it's a reason.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    So uh, not sure why liking and not liking an inspired artist makes an album or song from another band part of the verdict? Not like Manson was in Bowie's band or a backup singer. Don't see the correlation how it's a reason.
    Because its very bowie esq. Its very glam like. Its catchy like a lot of Bowie stuff that i am aware of.

Now i know both Trent and Manson both love bowie...least i think manson does...but i feel like this album kinda screams..."hey i really like David Bowie and i really love Ziggy Stardust" imo.

And that's not a bad thing at all.....but im not all that into bowie as i said, so im not really jelling with it. It's just not my type of music

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Because its very bowie esq. Its very glam like. Its catchy like a lot of Bowie stuff that i am aware of.

Now i know both Trent and Manson both love bowie...least i think manson does...but i feel like this album kinda screams..."hey i really like David Bowie and i really love Ziggy Stardust" imo.

And that's not a bad thing at all.....but im not all that into bowie as i said, so im not really jelling with it. It's just not my type of music
    I understand where you are coming from. I am not super into Bowie either. I respect his music (he does have some great fn tunes) but I like my stuff loud and heavy, which Mechanical Animals is not (aside from a few songs here and there). I will say from start to finish, Mechanical Animals is a solid record and I appreciate how different it is from the rest of Manson's catalogue. But I also think that is what I have always loved about Manson, is how different the records were from one album to the next (at least through GAOG). But hey, give Holywood a shot, that record has balls. Big hairy ones...lol.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I respect it too...if anything, i give it s 6.5...so right in the middle for me. Ill come back when i get Holywood

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I never got into Bowie either, really don’t care for much of his work. Also don’t understand this correlation.

Can listen to MA all day, it’s not a cover album. If there was some inspiration behind it that’s for The band at the time of writing/recording/production. It’s ok not to read into every little aspect- will probably be better off, and enjoying music a bit more without knowing every little tid bit about it or who sings back up vocals on something that’s barely audible.

Its perfectly ok to come to ETS and not care for some any of Trents collaborators or influences. Hell, one was KISS and Trent never sounded like them.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I never got into Bowie either, really don’t care for much of his work. Also don’t understand this correlation.

Can listen to MA all day, it’s not a cover album. If there was some inspiration behind it that’s for The band at the time of writing/recording/production. It’s ok not to read into every little aspect- will probably be better off, and enjoying music a bit more without knowing every little tid bit about it or who sings back up vocals on something that’s barely audible.

Its perfectly ok to come to ETS and not care for some any of Trents collaborators or influences. Hell, one was KISS and Trent never sounded like them.
    Its okay to have heavy inspiration for a work...that doesn't mean i have to like it...even without the metion of bowie, my opinion on it didn't change at all. The style is not for me, i didn't really get anything for the most part(still have Coma White stuck in my head), and im not dumbing my sense of how i interpreted music to possibly like it more, that's not how i roll, i give you no bullshit, just honesty in blunt force.

Again, it's not bad, but Its not immune to criticism

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    That’s cool, and one should be honest with themselves for not liking it- as long as it’s the right reason.

At at times I see posts on ETS solely on the relationship of what Trent has with the other musician/s. It’s ok for NIN fans to come here and not get into/ like Manson or Bowie or Gary Numan or APC/etc.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    If you like Antichrist, you should like Holywood, since that whole album sounds like Antichrist B sides

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Fuck it, I'll say it...it is NOT OK to not be a Bowie fan, here, there, or anywhere. You've wasted your life.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNINtendo Chalmers View Post
    Fuck it, I'll say it...it is NOT OK to not be a Bowie fan, here, there, or anywhere. You've wasted your life.
    I liked Blackstar though. I like really weird avant guard shit

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNINtendo Chalmers View Post
    Only thing wasting my time is reading this stupid post. It's fine to not like Bowie, but that doesn't mean you've gotta be a dick about it.