Page 105 of 154 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 4612

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I love this show so much.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    BBC Two "The Human Body: Secrets of Your Life Revealed" documentary, 3 parts. Like, for example when some pathogen enters you, it is detected by some... forgot what exactly, white blood cell?, which does not attack that pathogen but takes sample (!), delivers it to lymphatic system node, there it is compared with database :-) of already fought pathogens and then billions of immunoglobuline are going to kill it. Or, we are not born with fear nor disgust (to rotting food for example), but learn it. Or how mother milk delivers much needed bacteria to children's digestive system. Very entertaining watch.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Goddamn, this Jim and Andy documentary (about Jim Carrey's CRAZY ass method approach to Man on the Moon) is fucking fascinating.
    Jim Carrey is a lunatic.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    What We Do In The Shadows

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    What We Do In The Shadows

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Punisher of course.....and this:

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I adored watching this. I got deeply involved into the story and I had the novel prior but haven't read it (intimidating at over 1000+ pages) but now that'll have to change. This is why I hate miniseries. I loved this so much I wish there was more haha.

Spoiler: Final episode fucked me up big time when Jake chooses not to remain in the 1960's with Sadie. The rest was no less jarring with sorrow. I had empathy for the characters in this story haha. I ached for Jake and his star crossed lover scenario.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    really excellent film. quite moving & sad.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I am trying Netflix (expecting Black Mirror) and Amazon Prime (expecting The Grand Tour, btw driver auditions are funny), when Netflix asked what I like I chose Stranger Things, House of Cards and Black Mirror, and they offered me also IT Crowd. I watched it back then but now I am spontaneously watching it all again and it is hilarious. And sometimes sooo not politically correct, great! :-D I am not sure they would get away with some of that stuff now, and that was only a few years ago, what happened? :-(

Also, remember that dude from True Detective 2 who we were not sure if he can pull off that kind of character, Vince Vaughn? Well, try Brawl in Cell Block 99, it is brutal.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

I adored watching this. I got deeply involved into the story and I had the novel prior but haven't read it (intimidating at over 1000+ pages) but now that'll have to change. This is why I hate miniseries. I loved this so much I wish there was more haha.

Spoiler: Final episode fucked me up big time when Jake chooses not to remain in the 1960's with Sadie. The rest was no less jarring with sorrow. I had empathy for the characters in this story haha. I ached for Jake and his star crossed lover scenario.
    yeah, and your spoiler was 10 times rougher in the book. i was literally in tears.
    95 percent of the time i read the book first because i'm a SK fanatic.
    but the one time i read the book after the movie (secret window,) it was fucking awesome. it was like watching a director's cut of the movie with deleted scenes. this is because you already have the characters and locations in your head.

i hate it when people say "the book is better" because they are totally different mediums. But if you plan to read the book, you are in for a fucking treat. The miniseries was true to the book but cut, out of necessity, about 50% of it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    “Rolling Stone: Stories From The Edge Part 1” on HBO

HOLY SHIT THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Planning to see Tomb Raider when it comes out. I'm excited about the casting. I like Alicia Vikander. She's younger and she doesn't have all the baggage of Angelina Jolie. Angelina was a very polarizing celebrity. She always seemed like an evil conniving woman even when she was trying to be a role model. I can't bring myself to like or trust someone who steals another woman's husband, no matter how long ago it was.

Alicia used to live with Icona Pop. She's also a friend of Tove Lo. Does everyone in Sweden know each other? LOL
    Last edited by Boots; 12-01-2017 at 06:16 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Dark. It's the Netflix original, it's really good so far. I like the feel and the pace, I can't wait to see where it goes.

The Good Doctor. I started watching this show on Hulu and I really liked it. I think that Freddie does great with what he has. He actually acts like someone with autism, which is here to pull off. I have Asperger Syndrome, so it's nice to see autistic themed shows more now. (This and Atypical)

The Gifted. Well X-Men Apocalypse left a bitter feeling in my gut, being that he was my favorite X-Men villain and they royally fucked him up in my opinion. That made me steer clear of this show for a while. (Although I LOVED Logan)
    Now since I've been watching it, it's become one of my favorite super-hero themed shows. I've always tended to like the X-Men more anyway, since they have to deal with prejudice and racism and I'm glad that's not steered away from. I hope they renew it for season 2.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    welcome to the dollhouse.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Truman Show, Man on the Moon, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - these three movies prove to me how great actor Jim Carrey is. And now there's this documentary (also on Netflix) about Man on the Moon, lots of behind the scenes footage and Jim talking now, and sometimes I wasn't sure if Jim was mentally OK during filming ;-), Forman was also confused it seems. Interesting and touching.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7214762/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just watched Coco a couple of days ago with my friend and wow.. We both got so emotional through the end, I think its the best movie of this year imo haha.

But for shows I am watching The Office and trying to get some more free time to watch Stranger Things.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Saw The Shape of Water last night in NYC.

I haven't openly wept in a movie theater like that in years – I wanted to stand up & furiously clap when it ended, but then I would have been the weird crying guy giving a standing ovation. It's probably Guillermo del Toro's best movie, and I'm only holding off on that title because it's been less than 24 hours since I've seen it.

Sally Hawkins and Michael Shannon are reliably fantastic, but the film's secret weapon is Richard Jenkins. [edit: the whole cast is great – Octavia Spencer is amazing, Michael Stuhlbarg is amazing, and Doug Jones is of course the secret weapon of GDT's career]

Blade Runner 2049 surely has the best cinematography of the year (Deakins 4 life), but Shape has the most moving imagery. In other words, the content & construction of the shots are the most emotionally stunning I've seen, as opposed to the peerless mood & styling that Deakins & Villeneuve create.

Anyway, Shape met my high expectations and ripped my heart out of my chest. Please see it!
    Last edited by Deadpool; 12-03-2017 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Watched "The Great Escape" this morning. That movie is almost as old as me. Still a very entertaining film. What a cast!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I still feel to this day that The Last Samurai didn’t get as much Oscar consideration as it should have. Tom Cruise and Ken Watanabe were fantastic in this film.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I still feel to this day that The Last Samurai didn’t get as much Oscar consideration as it should have. Tom Cruise and Ken Watanabe were fantastic in this film.

Despite John Toll's incredible cinematography and Ken Watanabe's performance. It's a film that I think was a bit of an Oscar-bait film while Tom Cruise does his usual schtick though it's restrained and has a hilarious moment when he screams for Sake.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Jonathan Davis’ voice is the star of this film

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Earlier today, I watched Fifty Shades Darker and here is my rant on the film: https://letterboxd.com/thevoid99/fil...shades-darker/

If any of you SJWs can't handle my rant, then fuck you.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    If any of you SJWs can't handle my rant, then fuck you.
    ...what?

you're criticizing a terrible movie for being terrible, and one that many people are outspoken against as a horrendous misrepresentation of BDSM relationships (as this is simply an abusive relationship disguised as "romantic"). why would anyone give you shit for that?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Look, I don't know about you guys, but I generally go around blaming every single thing in life on "SJWs."

Road construction making me late for work....fucking SJWs are at it again.
    My phone is fucking up even though I've only had it for a year...probably SJWs are involved somehow.
    Ran out of peanut butter...Goddamn SJWs.

It's fun! Try it today.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Look, I don't know about you guys, but I generally go around blaming every single thing in life on "SJWs."

Road construction making me late for work....fucking SJWs are at it again.
    My phone is fucking up even though I've only had it for a year...probably SJWs are involved somehow.
    Ran out of peanut butter...Goddamn SJWs.

It's fun! Try it today.
    hahahaha this cracked me up. thank you for that.

people being held accountable for sexual misconduct... oh, wait...that's a good thing. thanks, SJWs! fighting the good fight even though people think you're (we're) over-sensitive idiots!

i've never understood people throwing shade at SJWs. like, WARRIOR is in the fucking name. why is it a bad thing to believe in equity/equality and to want that for people? why is it a bad thing to be fighting for that? why do people feel the need to be dicks about it? like, sorry i care about other people being able to function in this world with emotional well-being and you're too busy making memes to give a shit about anyone but yourself?

/rant

p.s. i'mma steal all your peanut butter, because it's delicious

p.p.s. actually on topic for the thread - my wife and i are addicted to food network shows. every time we're at home and have an opportunity to watch something else (we're on season 6 of DS9, season 3 of orphan black, etc.) we somehow just automatically choose guy's grocery games, chopped, or food network star. we have a problem.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's the same with people who criticise "virtue signalling". It's hard to imagine how anyone can be so bothered about people standing for something.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

I love that movie so much.