Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 2047

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konstantin View Post
    I got an email about the "ticket" being created but no link to check actual status.

Google to the resque: http://support.topspinmedia.com/requests You'll have to login first, so follow instructions as apparently the system was supposed to send you a welcome email with a verification link after you submitted the ticket (it'll tell you that you've been registered with the system already). Once I logged in I see no open requests :-(

Why can't they just use amazon.com? I hope TR goes through this kind of bullshit in his everyday life too :-P
    Did you try clicking on "check your existing requests" at the top or "view your recently solved and closed requests" at the right, under "You are viewing a list of open requests"?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i just re-checked that zendesk page and yes, i can see the messages now.

Thank you for your inquiry. In order for us to cancel your deluxe package, please purchase the download version separately and then send us the link to your digital receipt for the download. Once we verify that you have paid for the download, we can refund your deluxe package and cancel the shipment.Please let us know if you have any further questions. We apologize for the inconvenience.Regards,Trevor
    Audiolife CS

i just asked if i have to purchase yet another digital release since i also got the CD (which came with a 2 month delay) and it came with the digital release (i've only downloaded that release once anyway)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so Topspin finally got back to me, telling me that they cannot refund my order. Fuck.

"Thanks for your email. It is not possible to cancel or refund your order, as you have purchased an item that is limited in quantity. Topspin does not offer refunds for orders that contain digital media to protect the artists who sell directly through our platform."

I'm considering responding with "I know for a fact that it is possible to refund my order, because I've spoken to people who have received a refund. Why is my case special? If the issue is related to the digital download, please subtract the charge for the digital download from my refund."

it's rather frustrating to find that they actually responded earlier, but that their customer service system is set up in such a way that doesn't email you until they believe they have "resolved" your complaint and are asking for feedback. Ok, I now get how how their help desk works... Great.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-29-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Jinsai, i don't think anyone has confirmed yet that they got the actual refund in their CC/DC accounts. just back and forth emails. they still haven't answered about me already getting the digital release with the CD order

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Jinsai, i don't think anyone has confirmed yet that they got the actual refund in their CC/DC accounts. just back and forth emails. they still haven't answered about me already getting the digital release with the CD order
    Sure, but at the very least, it seems that they're telling you that it's possible to cancel your order if you purchase the digital download. I was told that it was "impossible" to cancel.

EDIT: I sent an email offering to purchase the digital version if that was the issue, I didn't say anything else. As a response I got:

"It is not possible to cancel or refund your order as it has already been processed. We cannot make any changes to your order, as payment has already been processed and collected. All orders are non-transferrable, exchangeable or refundable. The limited product that you purchased is currently being manufactured, and is scheduled to deliver March 20, 2012. Apologies for the delay, and thanks for your patience with this order."
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-29-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I did.

Didn't charge me for the download, either, though I followed up and pointed out their error.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    they've started giving me canned responses at this point, and they're not even addressing what I've been saying.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    they've started giving me canned responses at this point, and they're not even addressing what I've been saying.
    You can always try to bug them on Twitter or FB and tell them about the canned responses, and ask for some more personal attention somehow:
    https://twitter.com/#!/topspinmedia
    http://www.facebook.com/TopspinMedia

Or when you get desperate, try snail mail
    Topspin
    1538 20th Street, First Floor
    Santa Monica, CA 90404

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post

Or when you get desperate, try snail mail
    Topspin
    1538 20th Street, First Floor
    Santa Monica, CA 90404
    heh! I could drive down there with a megaphone... or maybe I should bring a dildo and a tattoo gun

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    The time is right that these limited editions are getting SOLD OUT!
    So you all can drop them on eBay...

Edit: an example
    Last edited by witte; 02-29-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    The time is right that these limited editions are getting SOLD OUT!
    So you all can drop them on eBay...

Edit: an example
    i've never understood how people think this is ok...what a fucking asshole.
    i wish ebay made it easy to report people like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

oooooh, now i want it!!! (not that i could possibly wear that)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i've never understood how people think this is ok...what a fucking asshole.
    i wish ebay made it easy to report people like this.
    Well, it's perfectly acceptable to sell rare OOP merchandise for a profit on ebay, and it should be. The weird thing here is that the LE box isn't even sold out yet.

Still, if I end up selling it I'll put it up for what I paid. I'm not looking to make a profit, I just need the money right now. Though, if I end up getting it (which is how it seems to be looking right now) it'll be hard for me to resist not listening to a couple of the vinyls once.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Well, it's perfectly acceptable to sell rare OOP merchandise for a profit on ebay, and it should be. The weird thing here is that the LE box isn't even sold out yet.

Still, if I end up selling it I'll put it up for what I paid. I'm not looking to make a profit, I just need the money right now. Though, if I end up getting it (which is how it seems to be looking right now) it'll be hard for me to resist not listening to a couple of the vinyls once.
    I think maybe the only issue with that ebay sale is that the thing hasn't even shipped out yet so there's no way of knowing if you'll actually get it or if you paid 600+ for a mockup image.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I think maybe the only issue with that ebay sale is that the thing hasn't even shipped out yet so there's no way of knowing if you'll actually get it or if you paid 600+ for a mockup image.
    People who have done over 50,000 transactions on eBay with 99% positive feedback don't tend to normally do those types of things.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    People who have done over 50,000 transactions on eBay with 99% positive feedback don't tend to normally do those types of things.
    Forgive me for glancing at the auction for ten seconds. I was making a generalization about pre-emptively selling products.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Forgive me for glancing at the auction for ten seconds. I was making a generalization about pre-emptively selling products.
    that's alright. you know. one day at a time.. we'll work through this.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    it's rather frustrating to find that they actually responded earlier, but that their customer service system is set up in such a way that doesn't email you until they believe they have "resolved" your complaint and are asking for feedback. Ok, I now get how how their help desk works... Great.
    Well, I did mention that you need to stay on top of the ticket.

Jinsai, i don't think anyone has confirmed yet that they got the actual refund in their CC/DC accounts. just back and forth emails.
    I received a full refund, and it's been credited back to my credit card. I didn't download the digital download when it was offered to me, so I didn't actually consume anything from that purchase. I also framed it more as a command rather than a request. i.e. not "Can you please refund my order?". Rather, "Please inform me when my refund will be processed. If I have not heard back from you by [date], then I will be filing a chargeback dispute with my credit card issuer."

eBay does have a policy that allows Pre-sales:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/pre-sale.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    got my refund too. didn't have to buy the digital release after all as it was part of the CD release i ordered together with the Deluxe. took me no time to spend the refund on bullshit. oh well...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just tweeted by Rob:

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Is there a place in NYC where I can get the scores (TGTDT and TSN)? Both are still quite overpriced over here and since I'm flying over to the US next week... thanks!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Just tweeted by Rob:

I finally made new shelf space so will be able to display this when it arrives.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Well, tomorrow's the big day. FINALLY gonna ship. Kinda hoping that they arrive within a day or so, to kind of make up for the longer wait. And that they're packaged well and don't arrive looking beat all to hell.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Well, tomorrow's the big day. FINALLY gonna ship. Kinda hoping that they arrive within a day or so, to kind of make up for the longer wait. And that they're packaged well and don't arrive looking beat all to hell.
    I could've sworn the ship date was the 30th, but you know, the 20th makes a lot more sense. Maybe I was just reading the original email wrong, or the date was changed afterward. But in any case, I am immensely excited for this.

That is, if we don't get another delay email. But of course we won't.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I could've sworn the ship date was the 30th, but you know, the 20th makes a lot more sense. Maybe I was just reading the original email wrong, or the date was changed afterward. But in any case, I am immensely excited for this.

That is, if we don't get another delay email. But of course we won't.
    Shit, you're right. It's the 30th. Just got myself all hyped up for nothing. SON OF A!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Shit, you're right. It's the 30th. Just got myself all hyped up for nothing. SON OF A!
    Oh dammit. I was really hoping it had changed to the 20th. >:X

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I think you confused the ship date with today's release date of the bluray. Pick it up, if you haven't! I'm currently going through the extras disc, I wish it had stuff with TR/AR but it's kinda cool so far.
    Last edited by blassster; 03-21-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Hey teitan, comment here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hey ryan. did u get my pm? i sent you one on 11 of march... :/