Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN store June 2017 reboot (Sandbag)

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

NIN store June 2017 reboot (Sandbag)

ONLINE STORE UPDATE

WE ARE FIXING A PROBLEM THAT CLEARLY NEEDS FIXING.

THE NIN.COM STORE IS IN TRANSITION AND TEMPORARILY NOT ACCEPTING NEW ORDERS.

WE WILL BE BACK ONLINE IN EARLY JUNE, NEW AND IMPROVED.

CUSTOMERS WITH OPEN ORDERS WILL RECEIVE UPDATES SHORTLY. ALL OUTSTANDING ORDERS WILL BE PROCESSED.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

-------

Anyone want to take a stab at what will be "new and improved"?

My guess is the store goes live again no later than June 7, with the following:

- Some kind of new mission statement geared towards better customer service

- No sign of Firebrand whatsoever

- Pre-orders for With Teeth, Year Zero and The Slip (hopefully)

- More physical components that were mysteriously "being withheld" by forces beyond the band's control

- A limited edition 3-CD package of Fragile: Deviations 1 as an olive branch to those who felt jipped by the initial vinyl-only sale

- The Tension 2013 Blu-ray/DVD will not be for sale

I wish he would bring back those Fragile-era notebooks they once offered, as all mine are expended. An absence of that mocking "sold out" stock photo of The Social Network soundtrack would be welcomed, too..

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It's clearly the start of a new ARG

(I love that joke)

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    It's clearly the start of a new ARG

(I love that joke)
    The joke's on you, friend...the ARG started back in December, and consisted of navigating through Firebrand's maze of complete and utter dumbfuckery.

Anyone still around at the end of it gets a new and improved web store and (hopefully) their long-sought pre-order packages..

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    This is all I'm actually expecting. Everything else is candy.

- No sign of Firebrand whatsoever

- Pre-orders for With Teeth, Year Zero, The Slip, HD Lost Highway, and HD Natural Born Killers - "shipping before end of 2017" (won't actually ship until early 2018)

Maybe some new shirts, but I doubt it.
    Maybe a solid ship date for TDS, Fragile, Broken, and Deviations, but I highly doubt it.
    Maybe...MAYBE...pre-order info on one of these two new NIN projects or a download of the Walled Off Hotel stuff, but that would mean things are going to be okay and nothing will ever be okay, so...yeah, I doubt it.

As far as an "olive branch", addressing our concerns and firing Firebrand was our olive branch.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post

- Pre-orders for With Teeth, Year Zero, The Slip, HD Lost Highway, and HD Natural Born Killers - "shipping before end of 2017" (won't actually ship until early 2018)
    I'm not pre ordering anything else until the last batch ships

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Things I think will be there:

- pre-orders for WT, YZ, Slip.
    - couple new t-shirt designs
    - Patriots Day vinyl pre-order

Things I only wish would be there:

- Repressings of TGWTDT and TSN vinyl
    - FDTS vinyl combining both US and British versions (how has this not been done yet?)
    - New album/EP/tour packages

We'll see what happens. Hopefully some news on the Deviations and NTAE pressings at the very least!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'm expecting an ARG that once solved says to be sure to preorder your Ovaltine

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I always tell myself that and I always break my own promises...
    I am weak.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Hopefully they will have How To Destroy Angels stuff available since there's no way to buy anything from the official website.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I always tell myself that and I always break my own promises...
    I am weak.
    +1

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Patriots Day vinyl with hi-res audio is definitely going to be there.
    The others? Not so sure.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    *fingers crossed* on that NIN Hot Dog Roller Grill

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Didn't Trent say in that Zane Lowe interview that there were two new NIN projects being released this year? Maybe we'll get surprised af and one of them will be available in the rebooted store (yea right)..

I'm still holding out hope that Interscope wakes up and releases a comprehensive music video collection one day, and loaded with additional ephemera from various periods in the band's history.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Since we're all speculating and wishing for ponios and all that...

"A LIVE RECORDING COMPILED FROM THE FRAGILITY 2.0 TOUR, SUMMER 2000. ALSO A VIDEO WHICH IS PROBABLY OUT OF PRINT – WORKING ON IT."

...maybe an HD version of AATCHB?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure AATCHB was shot at a quality where DVD is as good as we're ever going to get -- @sheepdean has explained this way better in the past so I might be wrong on it.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 05-24-2017 at 02:33 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I emailed NIN's management (info@sammusicbiz.com) some days ago and got an answer today:

"Hello, thank you for your note.

I can give you the insight as to what is going on. I am also happy to send you a replacement physical component if you can provide me with your mailing address.

As we indicated somewhat on the store takeover page, NIN have joined with a new partner to run the online store and we are in the middle of transitioning over to them.
    We are currently in the process of extracting the order data from Firebrand so that our new partner can reference and deliver the outstanding orders. Once we receive this information, we will send a status update email to everyone who has an outstanding vinyl order. Rest assured all current orders will be processed.

We are working to fulfill these orders as quickly as possible. Our only goals right now are to get these beautiful vinyl releases into your patient hands, and improve the NIN online shopping experience.

We understand that you all have been waiting a very long time, and we apologize sincerely."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Shocked that everybody's aiming so low. I expect nothing less than a site redesign ushering in new album artwork, with release date of said album (let's go with, say...'The Actual Events'), pre-order info for all the various formats, fall tour dates, plus all the vinyl reissue stuff everybody else mentioned. And the 'Tension' DVD will be for sale.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNINtendo Chalmers View Post
    [...] And the 'Tension' DVD will be for sale.
    made my day xD

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Patriots day and Vietnam vinyl pre order
    Next round of reissues will only go up once the current ones are delivered to prevent bad blood
    Official NIN fidget spinners
    Maybe a grain of sand leading to a new release

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This is all clearly leading to the big reveal of a Purest Feeling HD re-issue obviously

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Patriots day and Vietnam vinyl pre order
    Next round of reissues will only go up once the current ones are delivered to prevent bad blood
    Official NIN fidget spinners
    Maybe a grain of sand leading to a new release
    We could bet on the year of the release of the next vinyls

I think it'll be 2020.

And I want that fidget spinner...I don't get these pieces of trash, but I want one!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    This is all clearly leading to the big reveal of a Purest Feeling HD re-issue obviously
    If I can just get a version without the tape artefacts I'll be happy. Or 10 tracks of Maybe Just Once

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This thought is exactly what's keeping me from expecting any new products. Trent surely wouldn't open up preorders for ANOTHER batch of products until this first situation is resolved. That would just look bad from a customer standpoint. It's like seeing Firebrand hype up other releases and shit on their twitter as if they had their shit together and had some skewed perception of themselves having a clean and professional reputation. If any other band I was into was using you to handle distribution, you'd better believe I'm not giving another dine until I'm either refunded my money or I get the product I paid for.

I'm not doubting Null in this, either, because they've never had a problem THIS severe with a release in the past. But I am saying that expecting a bunch of new products to be available right off the bat just because the web store is being revamped might be a little premature. Don't get your hopes up when our first round of releases might not even physically exist yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    If I can just get a version without the tape artefacts I'll be happy. Or 10 tracks of Maybe Just Once
    My dream of finally getting Maybe Just Once mixes of Studio, (Open My Eyes), Coldcutter, In Your Face, Full Mix, Full Mix+, More Perc, More Perc No Bass, live 88' SBD Mix, and a NTAE style of it would be complete.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Maybe we'll get a single with his Sex Dwarf cover <3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm still waiting to receive my first order.
    As they need to ship everything together.
    I haven't seen seen the Physical Component yet....

I've basically put on hold any new orders of NIN stuff until I get my first order.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I love this thread and all of you posting in this thread.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i will never get tired of saying: release the fucking live performance video from the self destruct tour (DVD, Blueray, VHS or betamax). We all know Trent has it since part of Mr. Self Destruct showed up in the extras from the Closure DVD.
    RELEASE IT!!!!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    i will never get tired of saying: release the fucking live performance video from the self destruct tour (DVD, Blueray, VHS or betamax). We all know Trent has it since part of Mr. Self Destruct showed up in the extras from the Closure DVD.
    RELEASE IT!!!!
    Every time you do this it gets delayed by another ten years and he texts Rob to delete a megabyte of the Tension blu-ray

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Every time you do this it gets delayed by another ten years and he texts Rob to delete a megabyte of the Tension blu-ray
    So we won't get it for 9,000 years and there'll only be half of the first song left.