Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I loved Roanoke for the most part, but the finale was AWFUL.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just knew there was no way they could keep the story on track all season. My roommate and I both agree the endings are always just so off script deliberately.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Picked up for 2 more seasons. Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters signed on for next year at least. Will be a 'modern day' story, but no other details other than probably not keeping the theme a secret again like this past season.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Minor spoiler: Ryan Murphy uploaded a pic the other day of a shot from season 7 showing a comic book with Twisty on it. Conjecture away!

My theory - whoever writes the comic book is a first or second-gen descendent of Jimmy and Bette/Dot from Freak Show. Maybe Evan Peters is playing their grandson. I hope they reference Elsa this season, since she seemed to be a big star by the season 4 finale.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I have a very taken aback look to the next season. I think the Election is a terrible choice for a topic.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Allegedly (possible spoilers) Spoiler: the season uses the election as a jumping off point. Stars off with an immigrant being murdered on election night and Sarah Paulson's lesbian Trump supporter character is accused.

Subtitle/theme is being announced on the 20th for Comic Con.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Allegedly (possible spoilers) Spoiler: the season uses the election as a jumping off point. Stars off with an immigrant being murdered on election night and Sarah Paulson's lesbian Trump supporter character is accused.

Subtitle/theme is being announced on the 20th for Comic Con.
    Better premise but I still don't give a flying fuck for propaganda for anti-Trump, pro-Hillary, anti-Hillary, pro-Trump etc etc etc in a goddamn horror themed tv show. I hated this election and the aftermath, this is just dredging it up again.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    American Horror Story: Cult

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    American Horror Story: Cult
    Apparently debuting September 5th.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Last edited by october_midnight; 07-21-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

New season starts this Tuesday.

Things that make me go hmm: the election theme and the clown stuff (IT will play the coulrophobia quite nicely tyvm)

Thing that makes me go "hell yeah!": seemingly batshit insane Evan Peters.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post

New season starts this Tuesday.

Things that make me go hmm: the election theme and the clown stuff (IT will play the coulrophobia quite nicely tyvm)

Thing that makes me go "hell yeah!": seemingly batshit insane Evan Peters.
    Evan Peters is playing a present day cult leader and also will play as historical figures of the past when he portrays Charles Manson, David Koresh, Jim Jones and Andy Warhol (would-be victim of a female extremist played by Dunham).

I'll give this season a try but if its too overly political I'm gonna chuck it to the wayside.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Such an improvement over the gutter trash that was Roanoke. I enjoyed tonight's premiere episode.

I think it'll cleverly weave what's going on in America and give a small social commentary. I got some ideas...

Spoiler: Evan Peters' character is gonna be a pseudo-Trump character for local politics. The board member that shut him down in the Council was murdered in this episode leaving that floodgate open as well as antagonizing hispanics into beating him up on camera to rile people up.

Paulson's character is a SUPER exaggerated liberal character who is upset and afraid over everything going on around her. She's jumping to conclusions with no evidence of her claims (so far) and I assume it's doing it for a stereotypical characterization effect.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Exfoliating with cheetos on your face? well that's a new one.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Exfoliating with cheetos on your face? well that's a new one.
    It is absolutely ridiculous but Peters managed to pull it off. All I could see wasn't his cheetos covered face but his creepy, dead fish stare. And Kai's speech at the town hall? WOW.

I really like Winter and Oz. I get the feeling that they are the characters who are going to truly suffer from their relatives actions and "madness".

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    "here -- take these candles."

and why the fuck did paulson's character's wife send salt and pepper shakers home with the phone charger?

weird episode.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    So, is Ally completely batshit insane or is she being gaslighted?

And mister "my bees don't sting": if they don't, why are you wearing a suit?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    'LESBIANS, WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!'

Pretty sure that Ally's getting gaslighted.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Wasn't sold on the first episode but yesterday's was solid. The characters and story are gradually finding their legs and I'm interested in seeing what's in store this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    Wasn't sold on the first episode but yesterday's was solid. The characters and story are gradually finding their legs and I'm interested in seeing what's in store this season.
    I'm the exact opposite, I thought ep 1 was a solid launching point, and have become less interested with each follow up.

We're 3 episodes in and it seems like we've already hit the "lets just throw random shit out there" stage.

Everything just seems so sloppy and loose that it is tough to really give much of a shit for any of the folks on the show because the only one with any kind of consistency -is the crazy one.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed last night's episode. Bigly.

Kai is one creepy, dangerous dude. The way he manipulates people are him is fascinating to watch.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Evan Peters has me feeling some type of way.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I really enjoyed last night's episode. Bigly.

Kai is one creepy, dangerous dude. The way he manipulates people are him is fascinating to watch.
    Same and after he managed to turn characters into murderers I immediately knew they were the clowns from the cult kills.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I was a little confused as to the timeline of events, ok so the guy who cut his arm off is the same guy in the supermarket who puts the Trump hat on while Paulson is there right? She encountered him after the election. The arm cutting in order to rush out and vote happens before that but didn't he have both of his arms intact when she sees him later on? or was that a prosthetic? or maybe I'm just remembering wrong.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 09-28-2017 at 07:17 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I was a little confused as to the timeline of events, ok so the guy who cut his arm off is the same guy in the supermarket who puts the Trump hat on while Paulson is there right? She encountered him after the election. The arm cutting in order to rush out and vote happens before that but didn't he have both of his arms intact when she sees him later on? or was that a prosthetic? or maybe I'm just remembering wrong.
    You're right but I don't recall getting a good look at his arms during the initial supermarket scenes in the first episode.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    He was missing part of his arm in episode 1.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Okay, I did not see that twist coming. It put a whole new spin on the Kai character. I love it!

Evan Peters is amazing this season. I still think Kyle MacLachlan gave the best performance on a tv series this year but Peters is giving him a run for his money.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    What was Twin Peaks' Diane doing in last night's episode? Am I the only one still watching?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Last night's episode was ridiculous.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Last night's episode was ridiculous.
    I laughed so fucking hard at Spoiler: "WE WERE ZODIAC!".

I really love the shit out of this current season. I've never really been a fan of this show before, but I guess it's just how utterly absurd it all is, I don't know, but this season has been really entertaining.