Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    WHAT??

Oh, wait, of course, it's Fox.
    welcome to the bad place, i guess.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

my friend alex and i just showed my wife predator & predator 2 (with predators in between as i had never seen it) and we were all excited that there's a new one coming out directed by shane black (who played hawkins in the original), but this trailer does not have me feeling much of anything except bored. hopefully it's just a poorly thrown together trailer and the movie is better, but jeez.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

NNNNoooooOOOOOOooooooo
    I'm REALLY upset about this

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hey at least FOX is bringing back that shitty Trump pandering Tim Allen show though, amirite?!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Fox also cancelled Lucifer and The Exorcist. This is not random or based on viewership. This is by design.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    FOX.... what a shitty channel. They went from showing groundbreaking shows like Married... with Children, In Living Color, Cops, Martin, The X-Files, and Firefly and now resort to shit to pander to the lowest common denominator. John Leguizamo was right. They should've called it.... FUX.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    A few shows i was watching got axed this year, Ash vs. Evil Dead, The Expanse and Designated Survivor.

Boooooo.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    ABC is also cancelling a bunch of shows as one of them is... unsurprisingly Inhumans: https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/inhumans-canceled-abc-deception-the-crossing-kevin-probably-saves-the-world-1202802149/

This just in: NBC has picked up Brooklyn Nine-Nine: https://news.avclub.com/nbc-saves-br...ine-1825975174
    Last edited by thevoid99; 05-12-2018 at 12:12 AM. Reason: to avoid double-posting

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Did Fox give a reason for these cancellations? B99 was such a particularly strange one because it's a live-action comedy that people actually talk about, with a lot of celebrity fans. I wonder if it was a political thing, with B99 being a mildly left-wing show. Other parts of Fox are so well-known for being grossly right-wing that I wonder if they're doubling down on that across the network.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    This just in: NBC has picked up Brooklyn Nine-Nine: https://news.avclub.com/nbc-saves-br...ine-1825975174
    was just coming here to post this! SO RELIEVED!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It definitely is a weird time in TV. Networks are so starved to be viewed positively on social media that they’ll pick up a show that will undoubtedly lose them money. I’m not bagging on the show, but there’s one solitary reason FOX let it go. Ratings were steadily going to the basement and there’s nothing to say it won’t continue that way. I’d be amazed if it went to another season next year.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Good. I heard he was a real asshole to everyone on set.
    They recast the role with Sean William Scott. I like him but not sure he's right for this role.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    It definitely is a weird time in TV. Networks are so starved to be viewed positively on social media that they’ll pick up a show that will undoubtedly lose them money. I’m not bagging on the show, but there’s one solitary reason FOX let it go. Ratings were steadily going to the basement and there’s nothing to say it won’t continue that way. I’d be amazed if it went to another season next year.
    but you also have to take into account that the nielsen rating system is vastly outdated. most people our age don't actually watch tv shows as they're on tv. they stream them on hulu or watch them on demand or even DVR them to watch later, and nielsen doesn't take any of that into account (as far as i know?), not to mention that i highly doubt they have a properly accurate representation of demographics.

idunno, i think ratings metrics are a lot less reliable than social media buzz these days, especially in the 18-34 range.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    They recast the role with Sean William Scott. I like him but not sure he's right for this role.
    I'm sure he can do a better job. The guy is a much better actor than people give him credit for as he was one of the few things in Southland Tales that I liked as he was also great in The Goon.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Did Fox give a reason for these cancellations? B99 was such a particularly strange one because it's a live-action comedy that people actually talk about, with a lot of celebrity fans. I wonder if it was a political thing, with B99 being a mildly left-wing show. Other parts of Fox are so well-known for being grossly right-wing that I wonder if they're doubling down on that across the network.
    Presumably...

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Damnit. The crossing is cancelled too. I swear to god I KNEW I shouldn't have got into it. This happens every time with shows like this: the event, the whispering, etc. Like every fucking year.
    At least Colony is still on, amazingly.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Well.... already in its first screening at Cannes. There were a shitload of walkouts over this film but goddamnit. It's not Cannes if there's no walkouts. Lars von Trier has returned and he's meaner than ever. I will totally see this:

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy fuckin' shit!

This new clip....holy fuckin' shit...again!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Those Walmart Deadpool photo-bomb blu-rays are hilarious. I managed to grab the Terminator and Fight Club ones.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Wow thanks for the heads-up on this one! Looks excellent!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

How strange is that art style. Especially after the last Thundercats revival - that looked really good, too - failed. Maybe it's a sign of the times.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

How strange is that art style. Especially after the last Thundercats revival - that looked really good, too - failed. Maybe it's a sign of the times.
    Reminds me of those Kid Teen Titan shows. Not my thing, but, apparently the guy tweeting likes it so there's that.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Nicholas Winding Refn has a new TV series coming to Amazon probably later in the year or next year but it looks fucking cool as it stars JENA MALONE AKA THE BEST IN THE WORLD!!!!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Presumably...

The Fox network is not involved with the Disney (or perhaps now, Comcast) deal.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    The Men Of Arrested Development Sound Like Schmucks

well, if i was on the fence about watching the "remix" of season 4 and then checking out season 5, i am definitely no longer interested. it's bad enough that tambor harassed someone on Transparent, but these fucking dudes defending him verbally abusing jessica walter is abhorrent.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)