0 Post(s)
    He should totally leak it

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fuckit View Post
    He should totally leak it
    He may not have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by the reviewer
    Sure this reviewer may have been treated to a private listening party in the luxury of one of Toronto's nicer recording studios over a top notch sound system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Agreed. I'm just very curious to know how many of the songs are instrumentals (not including the first and last song). I just hope those are the only ones.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by all3n_y View Post
    how many of the songs are instrumentals (not including the first and last song).
    Do we know for sure that the first song is an instrumental? I know its length implies that it is, I'm just curious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    Do we know for sure that the first song is an instrumental? I know its length implies that it is, I'm just curious.
    after reading the review the description of Eater of Dreams sounded like The Way Out is Through, to me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That was about as positive review as we could hope for. 3 weeks out and no leak in sight? It has to be making it to the factories soon to print the CD's. Surely we'll be able to listen to it within days. Surely. Right guys?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    That was about as positive review as we could hope for. 3 weeks out and no leak in sight? It has to be making it to the factories soon to print the CD's. Surely we'll be able to listen to it within days. Surely. Right guys?
    I dunno, Alice in Chain's last album didn't leak until only a few days before release. Quite an achievement in today's climate.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    No. Bet this thing doesn't leak any sooner than ten days before it's release.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    No. Bet this thing doesn't leak any sooner than ten days before it's release.
    Thats exactly what I would guess. 10 days or so before. Labels are getting better at preventing this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If iTunes Match is already giving out copies of Copy of A, the whole thing probably resides on Apple's servers already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well if that's the case, then I'm cool with that. Since the album is supposed to come out on the 30th in other parts, then that means we should get a leak on the 20th. That's just a week away!!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    That's when the London club show is. Perhaps that's what he figures as well, and he'll play the album in full then.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Awesome read! I couldn't be any more excited.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The whole 'everyone gets it at the same time' release was nice, but reading promo reviews ahead of time is nice as well!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    How far prior to an albums release date do Pitchfork do their Pitchfork Advance thing? I'm willing to bet they'll use that platform, providing Trent has forgiven them for the HTDA review..

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesus View Post
    I found this review of the album
    http://puregrainaudio.com/reviews/ni...sitation-marks

sorry if is already posted
    Freakin' awesome review. Thanks jesus.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    How far prior to an albums release date do Pitchfork do their Pitchfork Advance thing? I'm willing to bet they'll use that platform, providing Trent has forgiven them for the HTDA review..
    HTDA was a sideproject curio, this is a NIN album. Not sure if they'll get the same treatment.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I guess I'd enjoy a similar stream for HM like they did for HTDA, but then again I plan on treating myself the same way I did in 2005. Getting the album on release day, shutting off everything around me and listen to that fucker in one sitting with headphones for the first time.

On topic: Cool review which seems the most legit of everything we've heard so far about the album. This amped up my expectations a great deal!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "Hesitation Marks left me with some good 'ol goosebumps - something that didn't happen with the past few releases"

Review void. Y_Z still gets my mouse wheel spinning fast... the wheel which controls my "wow" reaction... I still love blasting Y_Z in my car... such a well thought out story. And, Le' Slip is... I don't know what it is yet.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    And, Le' Slip is... I don't know what it is yet.
    Hint: It's great.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Reading that only made me wish........that I had been that guy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Freakin' awesome review. Thanks jesus.
    You're welcome

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Agreed. The Slip succeeds in places YZ doesn't, and vice versa.
    Take the song Letting You, for instance. There's not really anything loud and bombastic like that on YZ, but then again, The Slip lacks Me, I'm Not type songs,
    so, there's that.
    Thankfully, from what we've heard already, HM seems to sew up those loose ends and brings the best of both worlds!! I'm so fucking excited for this album!
    I'm going to do the headphone/everyone fuck off thing too on release day!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    the headphone/everyone fuck off thing too on release day!
    That should be an actual word in the dictionary. I do it more than most things in life.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    That should be an actual word in the dictionary. I do it more than most things in life.
    I am currently doing it! Although, I'm listening to Garbage..but still, everyone can fuck off just the same!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    While this review has me pumped, and I'm ALWAYS excited for a new NIN release... the tracks so far have left me feeling nervous and uncertain. Seems trent's become a bit too fond of the minimalist, basic beat formula, and falls back on the same-y vocal patterns and melodies which he has used before. For example, Find My Way uses literally the exact same melody as Somewhat Damaged, and he's used it elsewhere as well. Just comes across like his singing is sorta....lazy?
    I don't know, I'll still listen the shit out of HM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transfixed View Post
    While this review has me pumped, and I'm ALWAYS excited for a new NIN release... the tracks so far have left me feeling nervous and uncertain. Seems trent's become a bit too fond of the minimalist, basic beat formula, and falls back on the same-y vocal patterns and melodies which he has used before. For example, Find My Way uses literally the exact same melody as Somewhat Damaged, and he's used it elsewhere as well. Just comes across like his singing is sorta....lazy?
    I don't know, I'll still listen the shit out of HM.

Trent's an artist who often reflects to his past. This can't be overlooked if you've been following along in the catalog. I mean, the album at hand is purposed on tying into The Downward Spiral, of 1994. Take it from there.

Do you like FMW? That's most important, I think.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-14-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Took a day off of work for when this bad boy drops. Also, more listening parties should happen because I need my terrible-quality 30 second cellphone recording fix, a la YZ.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong. It's totally great! I just haven't absorbed it all yet... even this many years after the release!