Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2018.10.19-20 Boston, MA @ Wang Theatre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    You sure about that? Nothing listed on their schedule.
    Im not sure, heard people saying this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    We got there just after 7 and ended up in the low 200s. I didn't get to buy tickets until 1 or so (so 3 hours after they went on sale). I just went for the $75 tickets and I only bought two for each night. We will be in the first row of the upper balcony for both nights. It was nice to only have to pay one extra fee ($79.50 each...under $320 total). It took us less than hour to get there this morning from RI and over 2 hours to get home! Traffic getting out of the garage (only $12 at least!), traffic to get on 93S, traffic on 93S, accident on 95S near 295, and slow, Saturday afternoon traffic on Rt 1 in to avoid the accident. Other than the tickets, I only bought one of the nice, rectangular metal pins.
    Last edited by zaps30; 05-19-2018 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    My number was 315. I was in line around 7:30-ish and got my tickets at around 2:15--about seven hours.

I wish that there were more than three (or four) people selling tickets, but everything was really orderly, people were really nice and no one acted like a dick, i.e, trying to cut in line, was rude, etc. Got up around 5 am, home around 4 pm. Been a long day.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    My number was 315. I was in line around 7:30-ish and got my tickets at around 2:15--about seven hours.

I wish that there were more than three (or four) people selling tickets, but everything was really orderly, people were really nice and no one acted like a dick, i.e, trying to cut in line, was rude, etc. Got up around 5 am, home around 4 pm. Been a long day.
    So for ref, I got there at 7am and was 171, so the line almost doubled in 30 min. I was out at around 12:30, so that extra 30 min turned into about a 1.5hr advantage. That’s kind of crazy. And yeah, there were three tellers in the main box office, but the opened up two more across the street they were sending people to occasionally (I ended up over there).

Also agree, everyone was super nice and professional the entire time I was there.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    So for ref, I got there at 7am and was 171, so the line almost doubled in 30 min. I was out at around 12:30, so that extra 30 min turned into about a 1.5hr advantage. That’s kind of crazy. And yeah, there were three tellers in the main box office, but the opened up two more across the street they were sending people to occasionally (I ended up over there).

Also agree, everyone was super nice and professional the entire time I was there.
    I shouldn't have used the bathroom at Park Street and hit the ATM--cost me 15-20 minutes. My impression is a lot of people (myself included) assumed coming at 8:00 am-ish would be alright and a lot of people just showed up in the same, small space of time, with some others dropping by as the morning wore on. But yeah, every minute did really count when the line was forming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got at the back of the line a little after 7:30 and had number 351. I was able to score seats in the Mezzanine for both nights. That was what I was going for, so I am happy. I just wish the line moved quicker than it did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got two tickets more or less in the area I wanted. Was way too tired to do anything else in town but owell, now there's time to visit in October. And as far as who got in when I was in line by 7:40 or so and number 368. Crazy that it grew so fast in such a short period of time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I agree that everyone was nice and pleasant during my experience. I heard there were a few fist fights the night before between some fans camping out and scalpers. People were talking about it in line. I don't know if it's true or not, but nothing would surprise me. My only real complaint was the slowness of it. I should have packed more snacks lol. But really, the drive home was probably the most frustrating part. I still can't believe it took me over 2 hours to get home when it shouldn't have been more than a little over an hour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klang View Post
    Crazy that it grew so fast in such a short period of time.
    Aye, I knew I shouldn't have snoozen my alarm...

Finally got out of there around 5:30 after 9.5 hours of waiting! Dear lord that was insane. I had been expecting maybe four hours; the pace they were going was ridiculous. Shoulda brought a book or something productive. But I agree; all the staff was really nice, and everyone was polite and courteous! Loved it when everyone on the inside started cheering when they let more people in at around 5pm. Great sense of camaraderie.

Damn, Nine Inch Nails is the only band in the world that could get me to do something like this.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDefacto View Post

Finally got out of there around 5:30 after 9.5 hours of waiting! Dear lord that was insane. I had been expecting maybe four hours; the pace they were going was ridiculous. Shoulda brought a book or something productive. But I agree; all the staff was really nice, and everyone was polite and courteous! Loved it when everyone on the inside started cheering when they let more people in at around 5pm. Great sense of camaraderie.

Damn, Nine Inch Nails is the only band in the world that could get me to do something like this.
    I feel like there is an air of positivity to your post, but to me nothing you described or what I went through today at Radio City is anything to be happy about. No reason to subject you or any other fan to these insane wait times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDefacto View Post

My wait time was also about 9.5 hours and i got out around 6. And if somebody arrived 30 mins earlier than you (before the rules stated) that wait time was halved. I dont know what was going on. There were people trying to scalp wristbands to get inside.. and a general degree of chaos and swirling rumors. Im going to guess they processed about a total of 1000 people from 10am to 8pm. As mentioned staff was totally nice. But things would have to change for me to subject myself to that again for mediocre seats. And can we talk about the pricing? From what little i saw of pricing at a couple other of the presales it seemed sane. The pricing here had 11 scalper-esq price tiers. 11! With many grades of "wanna be a little closer? $30 more".. with $250 at the top. I found myself deeply preferring digital ticket purchasing where id be screwed approximately the same amount without waiting for 9+ hours. And admittedly id feel different if id ignored the rules and showed up 30 minutes earlier. But large room for improvement on the venue level for this experience.
    Last edited by spinz; 05-20-2018 at 07:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sadly, I had to work and couldn't make the presale. Hoping and praying they have an online sale. If anyone has tickets they're willing to part with for a reasonable price, PLEASE let me know. I'd like to go to both shows, but if I can only make it to one I'll be content.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I feel like there is an air of positivity to your post, but to me nothing you described or what I went through today at Radio City is anything to be happy about. No reason to subject you or any other fan to these insane wait times.
    The staff at the Wang really isn't used to anything like Saturday--a massive amount of people, no online presale. They did the best they could. Yeah, it was grueling, but it's for NIN tickets and was worth it.

Remember around 11:00-ish they made an anouncement--to apologize for the long wait? For a split second I thought they were going to say it was sold-out! I heard a collective sigh of relief, so I clearly wasn't the only one.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 05-20-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    The staff at the Wang really isn't used to anything like Saturday--a massive amount of people, no online presale. They did the best they could. Yeah, it was grueling, but it's for NIN tickets and was worth it.

Remember around 11:00-ish they made an anouncement--to apologize for the long wait? For a split second I thought they were going to say it was sold-out! I heard a collective sigh of relief, so I clearly wasn't the only one.
    that about nails it. If they had double to triple the windows open (lets say about 10), things wouldv flew by and nobody wouldv waited more than 4 hours. But unless this became a big trend for venues selling in this way, theyr just not going to be equipped for it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spinz View Post
    If they had double to triple the windows open (lets say about 10), things wouldv flew by and nobody wouldv waited more than 4 hours. But unless this became a big trend for venues selling in this way, theyr just not going to be equipped for it.
    They had all physically available windows open, 3 at the Wang and 2 across the street at Shubert. I think they could figure out a way to add a few temporary windows if this type of thing happens again, because the current setup is not adequate to process a huge crowd quickly!

I found a video of the line at 7:59am which is just astounding! I had no idea it was that big.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anybody know if they ended up selling out yesterday or not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    They had all physically available windows open, 3 at the Wang and 2 across the street at Shubert. I think they could figure out a way to add a few temporary windows if this type of thing happens again, because the current setup is not adequate to process a huge crowd quickly!

I found a video of the line at 7:59am which is just astounding! I had no idea it was that big.
    Yep it was a huge line. The crazy part was even by 4:30 when they hadnt let anyone in for like 4 hours and there was plenty of doubt over whether anyone was getting in... The line outside was still huge.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post

Wow. I arrived maybe 30-45 minutes earlier and it was bad, but not nearly as bad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Heh. I can see myself in that video. They had already started letting people in because we moved up quite a bit from where we originally were.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Wang Center. Huh, huh, huh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRIMinal View Post
    Does anybody know if they ended up selling out yesterday or not?
    Im going to go out on a limb and say probably not. I was #781 and when i left around 6 there were maybe 200 people at most left in line. (And nobody left outside) So in order for it to have sold out every single person wouldv had to buy 8. That didnt happen. Its very slim pickings left though im sure.
    Last edited by spinz; 05-21-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe quantum550 can suck his entire WANG! ha ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well,they

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone having trouble getting tickets online?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well they said the online sale would start at 10 a.m PT, but I knew better. 10 a.m EST and the tickets went on sale. And I STILL didn't get a ticket. So, sending out an S.O.S again. Looking for any kind souls who have a single ticket to the shows. I'd like to go to both, but at this point I'd sit in the bathroom just to be there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I logged on to ticket master at 9:50am est, and by 10:02am the site said they weren't any tickets available for Friday or Saturday, fuck.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner2 View Post
    Well they said the online sale would start at 10 a.m PT, but I knew better. 10 a.m EST and the tickets went on sale. And I STILL didn't get a ticket. So, sending out an S.O.S again. Looking for any kind souls who have a single ticket to the shows. I'd like to go to both, but at this point I'd sit in the bathroom just to be there!
    You might want to keep trying, especially if all you want is 1 ticket. I just pulled up a balcony seat available on the 20th. ETA - also found balcony available on the 19th.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I got tickets for both nights, but had to buy 1 ticket a time. I am seated like one seat apart from the person going with me to both nights, so I consider this a 'win' as I gave up on Saturday afternoon (when I realized I wouldn't make it to the ticket window until 6 PM, I was like "Yeah, screw this...")

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My ticket isn't awesome (back row, far left), but it's enough to go to the show. Especially considering I kept getting sold out messages for like the first hour after the sale started. Buying single tickets is definitely much easier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Balcony seats are going for $55 on stub hub.