Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2014.08.04 - Bristow, VA @ Jiffy Lube Live

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2014.08.04 - Bristow, VA @ Jiffy Lube Live

Bristow, VA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This set just made me want to call in Sick this friday for Atlanta. Holy Fuck.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tonight was a change from our lawn rail in Camden, we had front-and-center tix in the middle of "Orch. 2" thanks to a nice guy on Craigslist.

I really enjoyed the set; not quite as much as Camden but I am in no way complaining, just really liked hearing Wretched.

Guitar throw from Trent was pretty great. Dunno how high it was but I wouldn't have wanted to get hit by it. =] also I think a mic died in the middle of a song, but I heard the mic drop so maybe it was just being flaky. The audience carried the song which was awesome.

JLL staff asked me to stop recording during Hurt but I got some other potentially good (albeit lowres) video. I'm sure my audio is shit.

A guy in a Fragility shirt refused a sticker. Too bad for me.

Kinda bummed I couldn't find any ETS'ers.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Setlist:
    1. Somewhat Damaged
    2. 1,000,000
    3. March of the Pigs
    4. Reptile
    5. Closer
    6. Burn
    7. Gave Up
    8. Disappointed
    9. Find My Way
    10. The Great Destroyer
    11. Eraser
    12. Wish
    13. Only
    14. The Hand That Feeds
    15. Head Like A Hole
    16. The Day The World Went Away
    17. Hurt

Shorter setlist, but got the "Agressive" setlist. Chris Cornell mentioned during Soundgarden's set that they had to cut their set short, so maybe that's why NIN cut a song. Great show, different enough from last years festival shows. They really did rework stuff after Tension, Alessandro didn't even touch keyboards for the first three songs. Trent's mic stopped working right into the first chorus of Only, he then ran off stage and came back right in time for the second verse. The biggest surprise to me was the no drums version of TDTWWA. I guess they did that in Europe but I hadn't watched any of those videos. It was certainly different which was cool, but I think it works better with the drums. I think Dillinger Escape Plan might have stole the show for me in a way. Their stage presence is so crazy it's hard to follow. During their last song, Greg threw his mic stand into the pit, jumped off stage and proceed to walk all the way to the 100 section and sing most of the last song with a fan!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Right! Only! Which song was the guitar throw?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InversePhase View Post
    Right! Only! Which song was the guitar throw?
    I think it was The Hand That Feeds. He definitely had a guitar at the beginning, and didn't at the end of the song, even though the screen behind him showed one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I could have put my other post here instead. Someone uploaded a good video clip of the guitar toss.
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...161#post205161

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh damn, my son really wanted to see "something go flying" and we missed it! Granted, he was too busy jumping around and singing his head off.... XD

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I was going to wonder out loud if TR would throw a DX7 at me, but you have to be careful what you wish for, I think something like that might hurt a little.