Page 348 of 527 FirstFirst ... 248 298 338 346 347 348 349 350 358 398 448 ... LastLast
Results 10,411 to 10,440 of 15806

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    06/06/06 Birmingham is my favorite live version of it.
    What a date!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I forgot how fucking good WITT is. I think it's been a while since I've actually listened to this song (vs it just being on while I'm doing other things), and I have no idea why. Holy shit.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    What a date!
    The next day was the Atlanta show and the first backstage radio performance with Peter Murphy.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I forgot how fucking good WITT is. I think it's been a while since I've actually listened to this song (vs it just being on while I'm doing other things), and I have no idea why. Holy shit.
    Especially with the Pellington intro and the full D1 ending!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    How fucking awesome is the part in MOTP from AATCHB when he goes, (before I type this let me state I'm not sure how to write exhaling breath noises) "heh, heh, heh, heh come right fucking down". So badass.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I wish we could have some more information about these two NIN projects happening this year. I'm getting a bit impatient now

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Last time, we waited almost a whole year. Settle in, my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'm utterly love with the cheesy, dated-as-fuck verses and overall sound of Ringfinger. The composition itself is so strong that the goofy, dorky New Wave indulgence of it is just so fucking charming. It kicks an enormous amount of ass and gets away with so much more than it should.

Also, Trent's delivery on "Wrap my eyes in bandages" is just amazing.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm utterly love with the cheesy, dated-as-fuck verses and overall sound of Ringfinger. The composition itself is so strong that the goofy, dorky New Wave indulgence of it is just so fucking charming. It kicks an enormous amount of ass and gets away with so much more than it should.

Also, Trent's delivery on "Wrap my eyes in bandages" is just amazing.
    I seriously want them to play it live again. I think a re-worked version ala Sanctified would be great.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The end of Hurt is fucking brutal man. That way loud, harsh distortion combined with those 3 specific notes combined with the way the drums completely stop as those notes are played COMBINED with the outro drone....hurts so good no pun intended. Best album ending ever. Any one else would've had the drums hit hard along with those last 3 notes, like the live version if I remember correctly. Probably translates better live with the crashes.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Does anyone else here follow Kraw on Instagram? Between his random potshots at Pitchfork and his hilarious photos/videos of his pets, dude has become one of my go-to follows on IG for daily entertainment..

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Came home from my work trip and my wife hung some nin/other things while I was gone!

Last edited by tony.parente; 03-18-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Does anyone else here follow Kraw on Instagram? Between his random potshots at Pitchfork and his hilarious photos/videos of his pets, dude has become one of my go-to follows on IG for daily entertainment..
    Trent seems to dig art directors with a sense of humor. Remember Rob's Demonbaby blog?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I was just remembering the NiN logo in a DooM map from Thy Flesh Consumed.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    There's a metronome at the very end of Just Like You Imagined. Thanks, 2017 DE.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    There are so many hidden nuggets on that album that the DE has "unearthed". It would be fascinating to do a track-by-track comparison.

Much like the album as released in '99, I reckon we'll be discovering new elements/constituents for years to come. That LP has been such a beautiful gift to us over the years.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It's a crime "You Know What You Are?" doesn't appear in live shows anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    That one post with his dog and then the Fragile vinyl appears. Pure gold.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Came home from my work trip and my wife hung some nin/other things while I was gone!
    Is that Manson on a $100 bill?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Is that Manson on a $100 bill?
    Lol yeah, it was the confetti during the Manson/slipknot shows

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Speaking of, I wonder why TR removed the static from the song in the DE version? Especially that awesome static at the end - now it's just the piano.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Speaking of, I wonder why TR removed the static from the song in the DE version? Especially that awesome static at the end - now it's just the piano.
    That's only the alt mix on Deviations 1. The proper Fragile DE still has the static like normal.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    That's only the alt mix on Deviations 1. The proper Fragile DE still has the static like normal.
    Yeah sorry I meant the alt mix, I wonder why he took it out?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Yeah sorry I meant the alt mix, I wonder why he took it out?
    Needed to change something? Everything else was the same! Or maybe it really was in consideration for the album.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post

ahhhhhhh you put my band's vinyl and cassette on that shelf!?!? <3 <3 <3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just Like You Imagined is the most epic piece of music written by anyone. Ever.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I got a much older co worker into NIN and explained to him that NIN, there is more to them, then just "Closer" and "Hurt", that there is a lot there. As our discussions about music went on, I burned him a cd of The Fragile (I have bought it enough times I can burn somebody a copy if I want to), (I would have given him a flash drive but all he has is a CD player in his car). He fucking loves it. Now he has all the NIN cd's we have these heavy discussions about music all the time. He is a Rolling Stones fan and I told him I love the Stones, and we have had heavy discussions about Chopin, Miles Davis, John Coltrane. He literally has had the first disc of The Fragile in his car stereo for a couple months now. I explained to him that if you go to an NIN show there is a band, but NIN is really just one guy, Trent Reznor. He is like, "that is one talented motherfucker".
    This whole thing started when everybody at work was watching "Westworld" and he asked me what the song was in one of the episodes, I said it was "Something I can Never Have" by NIN. After he searched them and heard "Closer" and "Hurt" our discussions began.
    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 03-19-2017 at 07:39 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I had a dream that nin.com updated and had a list of live band members and the word soon. And because it was my dream, Robin was on the list. I didn't recognize any of the other names as real people.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It would be really funny if the lineup was made up of completely new people.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    It would be really funny if the lineup was made up of completely new people.
    NIN 2017:

Ted Resnir
    Robert Frinck
    Alex Cortada
    Alan Rubin
    Josh Wink