Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

American Horror Story

I watched the first episode because I was bored and had seen a few people mention it on Twitter. I've kept up with the season and, much to my surprise, I'm liking it a lot. Anybody else watching this show?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Horror_Story

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I am thoroughly enjoying this show. The creepy vibe and unpredictable nature of the show make for good TV!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Yes! My new favorite show. Very weird and interesting. I haven't watched the last two episodes, but I'm sure they will be good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm surprised how long they've been able to pull it off. Probably the only show right now I look forward to weekly.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    "You filled her cavity. She said you were very good."
    "It hurts doctor. I really need you to fill it."

Yeah, I'm completely in love with this show.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's pretty damn good. I'm still sort of weirded out by how sickly Dylan McDermott looks. He always has this pallor sick greenish tone and looks gaunt as hell. Something tells me the finale this season is going to be insane though.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Last week I was disappointed with where it went, but last night's show brought me back a little bit. I'm a little frustrated that certain elements and situations aren't present in every episode, like not seeing the daughter and only being heard mentioned. But I'll stick with this season, and see where it goes. "Unpredictable" is rather apt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is my absolute favorite show right now. Great characters and scary, creepy enough to keep me interested. So, any thoughts on whether Violet is dead (and a ghost) or alive? I read we're going to find out for sure, one way or another, next week. I think she's not a ghost.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tonight's episode was great. So fucked up, so much fun. I've gotten a couple of co-workers into the show and we just can't seem to stop talking about it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Expected that to happen in the new episode, but it was still well done. Poor Violet.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I really enjoy this show, but I feel like it's lost it's "creepy horror" aspect in the last few weeks, since every week I just say "oh, another ghost." It feels like more of a drama with some mystery at this point, not so creepy anymore.

I had originally read that each season may focus on a new situation in the house - maybe a different family dealing in different ways with the ghosts. That seems to not be the case anymore, so I'm wondering if I can stay interested past the final two episodes. I want to, but that's up to the writers I guess...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, I was wrong! Great episode, but I'm bummed that Larry's gone.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    i like this show a lot

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Jessica Lange was nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a TV Series, Mini-Series, or Made-For-TV Movie. At the beginning of the season, just after her very first scene as Constance, I remember thinking that she would win awards for this role.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Not trying to troll here at all. My girlfriend loves this show, and so I've pretty much had to watch it with her every week, and I just honestly do not understand why everyone loves it. To me it feels like a soap opera set in a haunted house, chocked full of really bad acting. I don't know. I tried to like it, and it didn't happen.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think a lot of people who don't care for the show (but maybe can't pinpoint why,) are feeling the lack of sympathetic characters in it. There's really no one who I truly feel for on the show. Oddly, the dick school-shooting kid has suddenly become sympathetic (from a viewer standpoint) in the last few episodes. Maybe it's just me. I do look forward to the show every week, but definitely have felt this way all along about the characters involved.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    If there's one thing I like about the show, it's that pretty much everyone has a duality of good and bad things going for them that makes it hard to find them sympathetic, but also makes it hard not to be as well. In a sense, you could say that these characters are among the most human you'll find on TV. Things are most interesting when the line between right and wrong is completely out the window.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I am really enjoying this show, though nothing can top the feeling I had when I was watching the first episode (I didn't have a clue about what I was going to see). However, sometimes it just seems that the writers just put stuff in without really thinking them through. For example Spoiler: when the bug exterminator comes, and he is asked to go see the infestation and make an estimate, only to promptly be murdered by Tate. It's like Ben completely forgets about him after that! "Hey, wait a minute, whatever happened to that guy? Whatever, screw him, I don't give a fuck!".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I watch this with my girlfriend as well, and I enjoyed it a great deal for the first five or so episodes. We've got a few episodes to catch up with, but I hardly care about it now...any kind of shock/scare value has worn off, and the drama isn't holding me. Jessica Lange has been really impressive though. Not a big fan of anyone else on the show...except the young maid...stone cold fox that one

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I seen all the episodes and Im not sure why I keep watching it. I think it kind of sucks. Meh

But yes I do agree that maid is so sexy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    I am really enjoying this show, though nothing can top the feeling I had when I was watching the first episode (I didn't have a clue about what I was going to see). However, sometimes it just seems that the writers just put stuff in without really thinking them through. For example Spoiler: when the bug exterminator comes, and he is asked to go see the infestation and make an estimate, only to promptly be murdered by Tate. It's like Ben completely forgets about him after that! "Hey, wait a minute, whatever happened to that guy? Whatever, screw him, I don't give a fuck!".
    there's nothing to stop that guy from materializing as a ghost and wrap it up. i find the ghostly universe pretty consistent actually. and i'm glad that the police is getting involved as it makes pretty good sense at this point.

what keeps wow'ing me is the eye-candy factor which still hasn't gotten old for me. they seem to be sparing no money on filming scenes. like, the box scene with the pope, it's like 15 seconds they could have easily left to our imagination, but no, they had to film a feature film quality scene.

so i keep watching because of:
    -- the general style of the show (looks gratuitous and expensive)
    -- it's consistent
    -- powerhouse acting from JL
    -- it keeps explaining its universe with each episode (as opposed to throwing more mysteries at us)
    -- the show cares about character development
    -- i feel nostalgic for Six Feet Under every time Frances Conroy is on screen
    -- the show is sexy!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    The show aint that great, can't stop watching though. dling 6th episode.

Doctor should drill that maid already, cmon! despite she being an old lady with a glass eye, yuck!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Nice freaky finale, and a nice sneak preview of that movie about the tattooed dragonfly or something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That was awesome! Really hoping that they mix in the mythology of the house a bit more next season.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    That was awesome! Really hoping that they mix in the mythology of the house a bit more next season.
    Just finished watching the finale and loved it. The very end was beautiful.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I want the song that was playing in the beginning (and throughout). I need it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i may be the only one who felt like the writers took a huge dump with the finale (post Golden Globe nomination disorder?)
    Spoiler: they killed Ben Harmon in the first 10 min? then they had a new family in and out in 5 minutes??!! and the unhappy broken family of the season had to die to find happiness? holding hands around "the most beautiful Christmas tree"? REALLY?
    they threw away all the insanity that makes the show so much fun in favor of TV cliches? guess there's a reason the show is on FX and not AMC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow looks like they are taking this show in a direction most shows refuse to go. Each season is a separate story that is contained within its own right.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    Wow looks like they are taking this show in a direction most shows refuse to go. Each season is a separate story that is contained within its own right.
    Wild. Looking forward to seeing how they handle this next season.