Thread: branches/bones extended lyrics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

branches/bones extended lyrics

So the prospect of a new ARG/ in NTAE/AV/3 got me excited, as I got to see the original YZ unfold. Sorry if this has been posted before and if so disregard but I went ahead and took out all the redundant words and phrases and pieced it back together again.
    Here's where you can find the garbled text: http://www.nin.wiki/Branches/Bones

Deciphered:

Feels like I’ve been here before
    yes, i have been here before
    allowing myself to feel a sense of comfort in the past
    not the actual events but the way i choose to remember them and you
    I guess things have a way of finding order
    almost everything i thought mattered
    my definition of myself
    what i thought of you
    has proven false
    in one way or another

please
    all of you
    go away from here
    please
    Last edited by PetieE; 07-21-2017 at 04:34 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm confused. How exactly did you go from that garbled mess to this? A lot of those lines are in completely different orders and stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hopefully I don't botch this explanation too much. There's alot of redundant words; 2-3 phrase words that are repeated throughout the text. Cut them out and you'll notice some are followed by the next following word/phrase. Rinse and Repeat.
    If the sentenced naturally ended, even without punctuation it would show the next word which would be begin the next sentence.
    Example: Look at "finding order" in the text. Hit Ctrl+F and type it in. You'll see you get 7 elements. Look at the words to the left and right of them. 6 of them begin with "of" and 3 of them end with "almost" . Just do that with the whole text and connect the dots and you get this.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Well, that's really fucking cool. I don't know how the fuck everybody didn't immediately notice that there's no reason Trent would go out of his way to add a bunch of total gibberish words into the lyrics file.

In all honestly when I read the 'deciphered lyrics' the first thing to pop into my head was YZ, before even NTAE. Particularly Zero-Sum. But I miiight already just be brainwashed by all the connections people have been drawing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    this is a great find!
    maybe now people start to realize there's things to be found in all of this.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Also this is pretty important because it gives us the origin of the EP's title with the line "allowing myself to feel a sense of comfort in the past - not the actual events, but the way I choose to remember them."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Great find!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    seems like "the lovers" on AddViolence has another puzzle hidden in the lyrics. I wrote it down in this google docs:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Nobody else thinks that removing words like "finding order of almost" may be another message and/or keycode, like an original phrase used to encode ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I posted this in another thread, but I've done a similar thing by combining all of the extra Add Violence and NTAE events into one thing, in order.

my definition of myself
    what i thought of you
    has proven false
    in one way or another
    please
    all of you
    go away from here
    please
    you come when i call you
    it is coming
    you dig in places til your fingers bleed
    she spreads herself wide open to let the insects in
    spread the infection where you spill your seed
    she leaves a trail of honey to show me where she's been
    i can't remember what she came here for
    i can't remember much of anything anymore
    Now I know for certain
    Shedding any
    Burn motherfucker
    Like an end
    Like an end
    Like the fucking end
    Like the end
    It's getting hard to know which side is the dream
    [i thought it would fix me]
    go
    come on
    have
    coliseum calling with its night that could last forever
    breathing moments
    perfect
    you can take me
    take all that's left
    i am free
    finally
    combined and perfect
    finally
    you can take me
    take me
    take all that's left
    finally
    combined and perfect
    finally
    home
    going to
    as

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I beat you by about half a year or so, way back in the original NTAE thread. Here was mine, as reposted by @Sesquipedalism recently in the current ARG thread:

Feels like I've been here before

Yes i have been here before

I guess I have a way of finding order in things. Allowing myself to feel a sense of comfort in the past. But not the actual events. The way I choose to remember them, in one way or another. And almost everything I thought mattered, what my definition of myself was, has proven false.

Please all of you go away from here

Glad other people are finally taking a shot at this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It goes from being coherent to gibberish. Sotirivol?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Fuck I tried to do that manually, it is almost impossible to do what you said ! also very long ! Now look what I found :
    http://www.writewords.org.uk/phrase_count.asp
    with this online tool you can count biggest occurence of two or three words !

Even so ! this cannot be resolved by removing highest occurences... argh !

I tought even more, try to follow me: watching at solution that sentence "allowing myself to feel a sense of comfort" is interesting, because there is one "allowing myself" to find and already 5 to remove from the start... if we do that, there will be only one "allowing" left ... the only one "allowing of myself" so we know where is the final allowing !

Starting with that we can easily find the final position of SENSE-OF-COMFORT because they are not a lot, others in middle have to be there:

but the actual events but been here before allowing of myself
    has proven in one way guess things have a
    of finding order almost my definition of myself
    you all of you myself to feel a feel a sense of thought
    i was my thought mattered what i have proven false
    to remember them and comfort in the past

To me it says lots of things, first the unbroken code IS FALSE, "feels" cannot start the solution, because there is only one "feels" and... it's at the end, far after our final "allowing" that is supposed to come after.

Second thing : knowing final words helps to pick sentences to remove or not

Third thing : "allowing myself" and "finding order" prooves that the text has been scrambled with itself. We can also definitively pick scrambled sentences to remove like "of myself" "a feel"

Fourth thing : this is definiively not about large numbers of occurence ! because obviously "of comfort" and "to feel" are a mandatory sentence to remove (as there is only three comfort) and guess what ? there is only two of them and you can start by this if you want !

Solution ? I think the key code IS the solution encrypted with itself, you have to remove in the right order, two by two, maybe three, according to at all the previously confirmed key sentence to remove, maybe even you can do it in any order ? :

my definition of myself
    what i thought of you
    has proven false
    in one way or another

Wait a minute.... this is odd "a sense" and "in the past" cannot be removed oh well.... finnish it now I'm bored !

Btw is it odd that the solution was given right when the next halo is out, now that we know this were the keycode ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    How are the full set of lyrics shown in the MP3 tags? I don't have an MP3 copy to hand and want to play around with this a bit. Could someone copy/paste them from the tags here or in a PM to me?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malashaan View Post
    How are the full set of lyrics shown in the MP3 tags? I don't have an MP3 copy to hand and want to play around with this a bit. Could someone copy/paste them from the tags here or in a PM to me?
    Flac 2nd gen got lyrics too, you don't need anything as everything is already there. Are you sure you read everything in the 1st post ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, long time lurker first time poster!

I'm an idiot when it comes to cracking these ciphers. Would someone be so kind as to explain how to decipher the lyrics step by step (maybe just another example)? I want to follow along so i can do it on my own, but I keep getting stuck =( Thanks a lot!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    On a similar note does anyone think there is significance to the weird spacing in dear world? It's obviously intentional.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deepdeep View Post
    Hello, long time lurker first time poster!

I'm an idiot when it comes to cracking these ciphers. Would someone be so kind as to explain how to decipher the lyrics step by step (maybe just another example)? I want to follow along so i can do it on my own, but I keep getting stuck =( Thanks a lot!
    From memory, what did was I isolated sentence fragments one by one. I noted the persistence of things like "proven false" for example, copied those parts down, grouped them together so I'd have whole paragraphs of similar fragments - my proven false / have proven false / has proven false, etc. I organized everything that way first, looked for overlap between chunks, and gradually narrowed it down that way. Took hours.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Flac 2nd gen got lyrics too, you don't need anything as everything is already there. Are you sure you read everything in the 1st post ?
    I don't have a digital copy here. The link to NINwiki doesn't seem to be helpful because it appears to separate the long lyrics from the "additional lyrics" and doesn't say anything about the relationship between the two regarding arrangement (are they at the beginning, the end,or dispersed throughout?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    From memory, what did was I isolated sentence fragments one by one. I noted the persistence of things like "proven false" for example, copied those parts down, grouped them together so I'd have whole paragraphs of similar fragments - my proven false / have proven false / has proven false, etc. I organized everything that way first, looked for overlap between chunks, and gradually narrowed it down that way. Took hours.
    Thanks a lot! Glad to know it took forever, I've been trying to do this all day at work. Hopefully I can get it done through the weekend...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetieE View Post
    So the prospect of a new ARG/ in NTAE/AV/3 got me excited, as I got to see the original YZ unfold. Sorry if this has been posted before and if so disregard but I went ahead and took out all the redundant words and phrases and pieced it back together again.
    Here's where you can find the garbled text: http://www.nin.wiki/Branches/Bones

Deciphered:

my definition of myself
    what i thought of you
    has proven false
    in one way or another

please
    all of you
    go away from here
    please

If that is the hidden message one can decipher when not being bound to spotify then i find it kind of interesting in terms of branches/bones itself. Just listening to the song can easily lead to an interpretation with the exact same meaning as the one hidden inside of the puzzle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And I presume someone is on top of She's Gone/Reptile. Gotta be some clue-y type stuff if you get mash-y with those lyrics. I'm too mush-brained from sleep dep to get involved at any level right now, but someone...do...something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This might be old news but i noticed when i played the new EPs on my phone, the songs had the written lyrics attached.
    Opened these up and the lyrics dont match the songs completely..... could this be a possible clue?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Finally got a digital copy to pull the lyrics from. At least my version has a couple more lines inserted that aren't mentioned on the wiki. Where the additional lyrics metnioned in the wiki are all tacked on the end of the sung lyrics, there are also a couple of additions inserted among the sung lyrics. In particular:

cold and black and infinite with nothing left to lose
    glassy bending flexible
    if you try to keep the flies away the makeup hides the bruise
    why are you here right now? i don't think you're supposed to be reading this
    her branches are the bones that break become a perfect line
    and no he won’t be just a man who’s Sometimes
    he won't be just a man who's Sometimes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Agreed, those are some of the lyrics i saw and wondered about

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malashaan View Post
    Finally got a digital copy to pull the lyrics from. At least my version has a couple more lines inserted that aren't mentioned on the wiki. Where the additional lyrics metnioned in the wiki are all tacked on the end of the sung lyrics, there are also a couple of additions inserted among the sung lyrics. In particular:

cold and black and infinite with nothing left to lose
    glassy bending flexible
    if you try to keep the flies away the makeup hides the bruise
    why are you here right now? i don't think you're supposed to be reading this
    her branches are the bones that break become a perfect line
    and no he won’t be just a man who’s Sometimes
    he won't be just a man who's Sometimes
    "in particular" - anything else, even minor?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    feels like highlighting words, the thing I started is the only way to move on this, gonna try to continue right now

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Remember when I say the first line in solution were impossible ?
    Well not just the first line, search for choose and remember, there's 3 and 2 of them, so you can easily remove the last choose (no remember for him), and the first (far too early), here you go, you found the only choose and remember working together in the text ! ok, but where's the "TO" ? it should be between those two ? ok there's one... I'm sorry but it doesn't like for the good one ?
    Now compare remember and mattered ? yes .. this is worst, only one mattered clearly, but whatever of the two remember you pick... the previously found one or the other, nope, no way you can hide a full phrase between them.

Conclusion : the first post is 100% false no way you can hide THIS text by ONLY REMOVING words. It's just impossible whatever words you compare.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    "in particular" - anything else, even minor?
    Those were the only two I saw, but I didn't thoroughly compare them or use a tool. That was just from a quick visual comparison.