Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Bicycle also have Quake OST's right so WHERE THE FUCK IS MY 5.1 MIX TRENT

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Bicycle also have Quake OST's right so WHERE THE FUCK IS MY 5.1 MIX TRENT
    Now THERE'S something I would be interested in hearing in surround. To be honest, I don't know how interesting Pretty Hate Machine would be in 5.1 (or 7.1 or...). Perhaps Trent felt the same way. I can imagine him experimenting with it, not liking how it sounded, and sticking to just a straightforward remaster.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Not exactly NIN, but last night when I crawled into my bunk I decided to put my headphones in and play TGWTDT soundtrack (starting at What If We Could?) as I went to sleep. Best bus music choice to date...felt like it fit the scene perfectly.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    *shrug* His manager? I wasn't Trent at that point, I don't know.
    The guy mentioned at 0:28

Edit, oh and the Starfuckers video still creeps me out.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-11-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Not exactly NIN, but last night when I crawled into my bunk I decided to put my headphones in and play TGWTDT soundtrack (starting at What If We Could?) as I went to sleep. Best bus music choice to date...felt like it fit the scene perfectly.
    The first time I listened to that soundtrack (I got it with perfect timing) was my 7 hour bus ride through rural PA and NY to go home. God it was perfect.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    The first time I listened to that soundtrack (I got it with perfect timing) was my 7 hour bus ride through rural PA and NY to go home. God it was perfect.
    Heh...my first time was the five hour drive from rural PA to NY. Small world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was the 2013 tension poster art made...a-with-a-teetha?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just a few weeks late . . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ah crap. too easy, I know.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    It's been less than two weeks since the band released a new video by David Lynch. I'm not sure how you can forget that...
    my comment is unrelated to video reminder, just amused how you called nin “the band”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's a millipede used in TDS album and Closer single covers. I was thinking the Giant Pill millipede might be an influence to Samus's rolled up position (Metroid).

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Maynard was right:

http://www.theninhotline.net/news/archives/2001.01.html

Maynard Praises The Fragile Again[19:35 EST]
    Maynard James Keenan, lead singer of Tool and A Perfect Circle has recently sent out more good words towards The Fragile. In a recent interview with Farm Club. Along with praising Portishead, Radiohead, Tricky and Massive Attack; this is what Maynard had to say about The Fragile:
    And I still always go back to Nine Inch Nails' "The Fragile." I don't think enough people have heard that one. That's definitely a sleeper that's gonna creep up on people if they just give it a chance. It's gonna be one of those records you're never gonna want to take out of your stereo.
    Thanks Schloemer

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    my comment is unrelated to video reminder, just amused how you called nin “the band”
    I actually typed "he" first, FWIW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Youtube of Becoming

One of the best videos of his shows that Ive seen. Keep coming back to watch it, just wanted for ya all to be aware of it. Goes from day to night in middle of it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    omg no wai

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol go fuck yourselves.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    i agree, one of the best live videos..

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Trent needs to do more pelvic thrusts for increased awesomeness.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I wonder if they'll be using iPads on tour. Just a very random thought I just had.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    this maybe a dumb question, but, is there any info on why there is no [With_Teeth] remix album?
    Last edited by [parasite]; 07-15-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsecureSpike View Post
    this maybe a dumb question, but, is there any info on why there is no [With_Teeth] remix album?
    Because Trent didn't want to make one most likely - there's a fair few remixes from WT era spread across the singles, not to mention multitracks from the 2 main singles.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
    One of the best videos of his shows that Ive seen. Keep coming back to watch it, just wanted for ya all to be aware of it. Goes from day to night in middle of it.
    I'm sure this is incredibly helpful for all those people that have no idea how to use the internet. In the interest of increasing your audience, I've merged your thread with all the other random thoughts.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    A friend payed me a visit today, one I met from the NIN tour in 2006, so naturally we started talking about upcoming NIN stuff. After he left I felt the urge to pop in a live NIN Blu-ray. I went for "The Gift" initially, and realized by "Closer" I remember preferring BYIT, the era in general. And man, I was right. I put BYIT in at that point. Fucking great experience captured, there. Aaron>Robin, almost always, from these two examples. Guitar aspects, anyway. Aaron's guitar on tone...ugh! The sound mix is cleaner overall in BYIT, too? It's a great mix... WT songs live were/are great.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Trent's voice in general was at it's peak during the With Teeth tour.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Trent's voice in general was at it's peak during the With Teeth tour.
    Im assuming your trolling....His voice was clearly at its best on TDS tour..no other tour comes close

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Im assuming your trolling....His voice was clearly at its best on TDS tour..no other tour comes close
    Why is it that if someone's opinion isn't the most popular, then it's assumed they're trolling? Personally I think his post-recovery voice is brilliant too

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    His all around clean vocals in general were better in 2005-2006. Terrible Lie, Hurt, Something I Can Never Have, Burn, and The Big Come Down from BYIT are my all time favorite NIN tracks.

Also, The Fragile era was better to me, than TDS era.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What happened to his voice between with teeth and year zero anyways? changed so much in two years. But his voice was pretty great on the fragile, though it sounded like ass on its tour.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I always found it weird that Hole supported NIN for a while. It seems absurd that Trent would want anything to do with that crazy bint Courtney Love. Also sound wise Hole's music was so different to NINs and she was from that Grunge scene of the time that Trent saw as a bit regressive. Live Through This is better than one would expect but Courtney at the time was so toxic, tabloid and car wrecky. Im sure Trent regrets his decision now but what was he thinking? Seemed like a very odd choice, i bet backstage that tour in 1994 with Courtney at her rock bottom Marylin Manson and Jim Rose Circus was fucking crazy. Can you imagine them lot in the same room? The parties? Dear god. No wonder Trent went off his rocker.