Page 54 of 528 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 15827

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    With Teeth was always supposed to lead directly into the next record because of the unfinished "concept" slots from the Bleedthrough story, which TR didn't get around to actually writing enough songs to flesh out. Judging from what he said later, some kind of daydream he had on the tour bus that inspired Year Zero led to the Bleedthrough/With Teeth storyline-essay-thing about sobriety and political awareness being scrapped in its favour.

This is the only theory I've seen that explains why "The Warning" was one of the song titles on the With Teeth lyrics poster but has no visible lyrics under it: TR and Rob Sheridan got their thematic world-building ambitions for an apocalyptic time-traveling scenario from the Bleedthrough concept, which was a metaphor for "waking up" to a new feeling of presence after kicking booze.

Swap out the presence of sobriety with the Presence — and you have YZ.
    Last edited by botley; 07-07-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    And the poison in the water is alcohol?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    To me, this is a way more interesting "what if" than The Fragile DE, because we know the Fragile DE will eventually happen. But what happened to this With Teeth edition?
    One word: Interscope.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I hope for the deluxe edition, they use the vinyl version with all the longer fades and stuff.
    This plus the Appendage to Please from the cassette version, all remastered is all I ask.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I'm ready for another album track.... a snippet at the very least. Something. ANYTHING!!!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    I'm ready for another album track.... a snippet at the very least. Something. ANYTHING!!!
    Instead of just ANYTHING!!!, how about a song in which Trent actually tried singing? Just as a compensation for CBH y'know

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Following up from my post in NIN-Spotting and in response to the (now corrected) Guardian article, I made a beginner's list of my own.
    This is just my opinion on what I think would be best for first time listeners who want to delve deep into a new artist, I know a lot of people would have differing ideas.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    As you say, everyone will have their own opinion on the selection of tracks, but that's a well-written and enjoyable article. Great job.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    My beginning was The Fragile -> Soundtracks* -> AATCHB -> Things Falling Apart -> everything else.

*I had Natural Born Killers and Lost Highway CDs way before The Fragile, but didn't pay much attention to NIN songs before I was introduced to TF

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    So I'm at this NIN show, watching from the stage and shit is getting CRAZY. Someone ends up getting hurt in the pit and a concerned concert goer signals to Trent that the dude broke his arm. Trent stops the show and picks out a bottle of alcohol from his stash to take to the guy. He is remarking how uncomfortable he is driving himself to this guy's house in the middle of the day in his pleather pants or whatever the hell is wearing. A conversation ensues about how Steve should driving considering how much he is getting paid. Back at the venue, the band starts the first riff of the song as Trent rides a BMX bicycle through the crowd and dives onto the stage to roll tackle the mic stand and start singing. Only now I'M Trent, laying on floor trying to remember the words while David Bowie is helping to sing along. I manage to stand up and bite David Bowie's skinny flexing bicep, only David Bowie is now a woman singing onstage instead. While thinking about how neither myself, Marilyn Manson, or woman-Bowie have any business flexing our skinny arms, I am awoken by my dogs who have decided to trample me and bathe my face to tell me they need to go outside to pee.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Who is Steve?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danebraddy View Post
    Who is Steve?
    he gets paid THAT much man, you could at least remember him

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Steve is eating his heart out

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danebraddy View Post
    Who is Steve?
    *shrug* His manager? I wasn't Trent at that point, I don't know.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Red t shirt arrived (in the uk). In two minds whether to trade it for a grey one.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    One word: Interscope.
    I don't think that's the case. Trent mentioned Interscope telling him a With Teeth DE was too expensive for the original release (after initially being the ones who told him to make one, as I recall), but this version was discussed later, and meant to be a piece of tour merchandise that wouldn't have even included the album itself. Somehow our album or disc was supposed to fit into it. Interscope would've had nothing to do with that.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    TR got the last laugh when he spent his Year Zero album advance cash from Interscope on building the ARG instead of studio time.
    Last edited by botley; 07-10-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    *shrug* His manager? I wasn't Trent at that point, I don't know.
    Steve Gottlieb, the owner of TVT.

I realize that they probably rolled out all the HM stuff to generate interest in the band for the upcoming tour, but does
    anyone else feel maybe it was a little premature? We still have almost 2 months to go before the album release..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Steve Gottlieb, the owner of TVT.

I realize that they probably rolled out all the HM stuff to generate interest in the band for the upcoming tour, but does
    anyone else feel maybe it was a little premature? We still have almost 2 months to go before the album release..
    We're all here losing some time because we anticipate the new album yet it's still fucking 2 months away OF COURSE IT WAS PREMATURE!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I too was hoping for something else by now, after TR's statement that "this is just the beginning." A bold statement, considering June 6 was pretty damn sweet.

I'm thinking with the tour kicking up soon maybe we'll get a little sumpin' sumpin'.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It's been less than two weeks since the band released a new video by David Lynch. I'm not sure how you can forget that...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    It's been less than two weeks since the band released a new video by David Lynch. I'm not sure how you can forget that...
    "Yeah, but...that doesn't count."

Getting it in there before someone else does.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Heh, I had actually forgotten all about that as CBH is so last month

I did kind of forget about it though, but I've never been big into music videos in the first place, save a few.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    im sure rob is editing the rehearsal footage as we speak

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Yeah, but two weeks is all it used to take to release an album, back in the good ol' days of 2008. Le sigh.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The video for CBH was released within the last two weeks!? Really? Seems longer than that..
    It's weird, I guess I'm just not feeling the anticipation like I was with WT or YZ.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    That warm fuzzy feeling you get when you see someone wearing a NIN hoodie on your way to work, as I did this morning!

Or something like this...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    That warm fuzzy feeling you get when you see someone wearing a NIN hoodie on your way to work, as I did this morning!

Or something like this...

That was such a cool video. I loved it when Trent was in hate mode.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Bicycle (who did the phm reissue) have bought nitro records (who put out all the best afi albums and a bunch of other punk stuff)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Bicycle should have put a high-res uncompressed version of the Pretty Hate Machine remaster on HDTracks. They STILL should do that.