Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

I found something interesting on Amazon. No idea if it's legit, and I'm leaning toward NO since it's listed as a vinyl EP. Anyone? I can't POSSIBLY be the first person to see this. Pre-ordered just in case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...tag=etsound-20

This one? Very interesting... "An Omen Ep". It may also be the first single released as a vinyl with extra tracks and what not. I just really hope that this is a sign of some sort of new news coming out about the project.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peanoot3 View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...tag=etsound-20

This one? Very interesting... "An Omen Ep". It may also be the first single released as a vinyl with extra tracks and what not. I just really hope that this is a sign of some sort of new news coming out about the project.
    That's the one. Release date is a ways off so I'm going to go smoke some pot and go to sleep. I still don't get the idea of another EP before an album, but what do I know? Looking forward to an announcement of SOMETHING!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    An Omen EP
    Release Date 11/6/2012 (as listed on two sources now)

Track Listing:
    Side1
    1. Keep it together
    2. Ice age
    3. On the wing

Side 2
    1. The sleep of reason produces monsters
    2. The loop closes
    3. Speaking in tongues

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/how-...-records.shtml

http://www.wowhd.us/home/how-to-dest...ep/dp/31321093

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Columbia Records??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters" is the name of an old etching by Francisco Goya... just thought I'd put that out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Holy shit! I can't wait!
    Obviously hoping other formats will be released, otherwise I'll have to dust off the ole' turntable.

Wonder if "On the wing" is inspired from the Twilight Zone episode, with the gremlin on the plane wing.

There's something on the wing! Something...
    Last edited by Conrad Lienert; 09-18-2012 at 01:04 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I don't believe the next release will be an EP. However, I'm willing to believe that the next single might be this though.

Interestingly, SBME is Sony NZ, not US. I'd like to remind everyone of The Slip's various product informations before its release, this sounds too good to be true from the ultra-secretive Null Corp.

.:edit:.
    Looking deeper into this, I'm not so sure. The album is listed with a label code that isn't used by any label, the track names aren't formatted properly (generally sites will copy/past things like track listing) and Trent is pretty good at keeping this kind of stuff under wraps - we only knew the EP's tracklisting because Mark Weaver scrobbled it by mistake, I don't know if this isn't just another red herring. The EP thing is what catches me the most, this has been mentioned many times as being an LP/Album, and Trent and Atticus have both previously expressed disdain for what physical singles are nowadays. Amazon isn't the be-all and end-all of official information, just like IMDB things can go on there with no evidence, so I'm going to assume this is false.
    Last edited by sheepdean; 09-18-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Ice age? Sleep of reason?
    Trent played Cryostasis game?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    How can it appear in so many places all of a sudden (with actual information, like a tracklist) when it's not real? This sort of stuff happens with, say, a re-issue - not a new release.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Remember when everyone was reporting Trent was scoring AL:VH? The sites it has appeared on so far are all ones that scrape OTHER sites for information on albums, so as to get the most releases (they're not scamming, just annoying). If we see something concrete, then I'll be less of a sceptic. Spoiler: I'll never be less of a sceptic

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    or maybe even a skeptic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't care if this is a scam. I'm going to cling onto that release date like a mofo and pray for the best. It's all we have!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    or maybe even a skeptic
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...ng_differences

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Also as jessamineny pointed out, Columbia records? Isn't that wrong? I know nothing about record labels but shouldn't it be Null?

My fiance also pointed out something just now. It could possibly be a remix of the original EP? God knows. Just let it be real, please god let it be real

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It looks like it could go either way. If this is a real thing, and the news about it is out there now, then some kind of confirmation announcement can't be too far behind. If not, hey, at least this had more excitement than anything from the HTDA camp in recent history. :P

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    As far as fake new album titles go, I much preferred Infidel Hearts.

I imagine this will be debunked today, but if its actually not, hey, random bonus for us.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I still think the LP will be called Soon

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    I don't care if this is a scam. I'm going to cling onto that release date like a mofo and pray for the best. It's all we have!
    So, we know how... funny... TR can be with his numbers sometimes. Nov. 6 adds up to 17 (11/6) -- a special number for them on at least a couple of occasions.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    To me this sounds like they had a number of tracks that didn't fit conceptually with the album/project. The huge concept album is being held up because they are trying to come up with some crazy shit that hasn't been done before. In the meantime, they like these extra tracks so they are releasing them as an EP in Novemeber and will release the album sometime next year (or 2014? 2015?). Thoughts?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    To me this sounds like they had a number of tracks that didn't fit conceptually with the album/project. The huge concept album is being held up because they are trying to come up with some crazy shit that hasn't been done before. In the meantime, they like these extra tracks so they are releasing them as an EP in Novemeber and will release the album sometime next year (or 2014? 2015?). Thoughts?
    I kinda though similar, but more that it's possible, IF this is legit, that this either a promo (an EP for the album) or part of a deluxe release of outtakes. The idea of them only putting out this many tracks, unless each one is 15 minutes long, seems unlikely.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    The idea of them only putting out this many tracks, unless each one is 15 minutes long, seems unlikely.
    You would think they would have enough material for at least a double LP? Maybe they are going to go the double EP route instead (1st EP this year, 2nd EP next year).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    You would think they would have enough material for at least a double LP? Maybe they are going to go the double EP route instead (1st EP this year, 2nd EP next year).
    Personally I hope that they've written so much material that they're gonna fling a good 10 or so EP's our way and then the album at the end. All one after the other in rapid succession. Follow that up with a new Ghosts album and a brand new NIN album.

One can but dream

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    You can no longer pre-order the EP from Amazon, if that means anything, which it probably doesn't? I really hope this is a sign that some official news is imminent.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    £50 says Mariqueen/Trent/Atticus are all laughing at us

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    It seems the HTDA camp don't want to say anything yet, I asked rob and he's trolling https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...96063175667712

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It's all about the squirm.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'd say thats probably a good thing or otherwise I'd imagine he'd say no. Either that or he's using hindsight and thinking if he says no to this and it is indeed fake, that leaves the album particularly vulnerable if theres a leak further down the road and he suddenly switches his stance and says "you'll just have to wait and see" to the potential real leak. Goddamnit! I'm overthinking it again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "We are doing a different type of distribution this time so it's taking a little bit longer to coordinate stuff. There's a lot of music about to be unleashed, videos, etcetera."

Do you think this has anything to do with the different type of distribution. If it's meant to screw with our heads and keep us wondering, "EP? EP? EP?" then it's working...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If this is official, I'd imagine theres a fully fledged album coming up aswell. If that is the case then I'd say the album will be the unique one and this will end up being a regular EP. Who knows, maybe they realise how long it's taking and have whipped this up to keep us entertained in the meantime?