Page 115 of 195 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,450 of 5841

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    I just moved back to ventura. And I just unloaded 10 Boxes of vinyl into my new place. I wondered why I dealt with this. then I unpacked it all and put them in their shelves. and put some on. and then I remembered.
    you have no idea how glad i am that the move my wife and i are about to make is only about 3 blocks, and that we have 10 days to do it, so i can deal with my records one kallax at a time.

currently playing:

deftones - around the fur
    180g remaster
    this album is always way better than i remember. so many goosebumps.

edit: played later in the evening

the body - i shall die here
    limited edition vinyl w/newsprint poster
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 03-13-2018 at 10:57 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Picked up that 2012 remastered "Marquee Moon" by Television but had to return it... and just grabbed a replacement copy yesterday. No problems this time. Sounds fantastic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Had to adjust the auto-return and bounced the stylus off of the rubber mat. So pissed. On my model the screw to adjust the return is only visible when the tonearm is about in the halfway position between rest and finish (read: the middle of the playing side of an LP).

Guess it's better than scratching a record. Probably gonna get paranoid and order a new needle soon.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_crisp View Post
    Had to adjust the auto-return and bounced the stylus off of the rubber mat. So pissed. On my model the screw to adjust the return is only visible when the tonearm is about in the halfway position between rest and finish (read: the middle of the playing side of an LP).

Guess it's better than scratching a record. Probably gonna get paranoid and order a new needle soon.
    i can't recommend the ortofon 2m red enough. i have it on both of my turntables and it's wonderful for such a low ($100) price point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was considering using my tax return and building a custom U-Turn with the 2m Red cart, wood plinth, and acrylic platter. My everyday driver has a P-Mount.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

"We Care" by Whale
    "Stoned Immaculate" by Dub Syndicate
    "Strike The Balance" by Dub Syndicate

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

amen ra - mass iii
    2017 repress on olive green(?) vinyl (pressing info is weird on discogs)

porcupine tree - in absentia
    2017 steven wilson remastered 2xLP on 180g white vinyl
    sounds fantastic

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post

"We Care" by Whale
    "Stoned Immaculate" by Dub Syndicate
    "Strike The Balance" by Dub Syndicate
    Whoa...I thought I was the only Whale fan on the planet, at this point..

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I wanted to hear Hobo in context with the rest of the album... such a shiny cover.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Massively impressed. I love that 'We Care'.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    and Portal! i'm equally excited about both!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

My 2018 pickups so far ... not picture is "TNT" by Tortoise.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i had the mobile fidelity sound lab pressing of Into The Labyrinth by Dead Can Dance up for sale on discogs, and someone from poland placed an order for it. it says in my shipping policies to inquire about international shipping before placing an order, but that didn't happen, so i assumed this person didn't care too much about the cost. i've recently come to realize that shipping to most countries outside of north america costs $23.50, so i added $25 shipping to his order (to also cover the mailer), to which he responded "that's to match for me sorry" (i'm assuming he meant "too much") so i canceled the order and left negative feedback. it's the first time i've EVER left negative feedback for a buyer on the website.

the worst part is that as soon as he placed the order, i ordered the newer ($23) pressing of the album...which i now will have in addition to the older pressing. god damnit.

if anyone is interested in the MoFi pressing, let me know. it's yours for $30 incl. shipping. i don't even care about making money on it at this point (when i bought it it cost me $45), i just don't want to have two pressings of the same album for no reason.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

david bowie - heroes
    2017 remaster on 180g black vinyl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i had the mobile fidelity sound lab pressing of Into The Labyrinth by Dead Can Dance up for sale on discogs, and someone from poland placed an order for it. it says in my shipping policies to inquire about international shipping before placing an order, but that didn't happen, so i assumed this person didn't care too much about the cost. i've recently come to realize that shipping to most countries outside of north america costs $23.50, so i added $25 shipping to his order (to also cover the mailer), to which he responded "that's to match for me sorry" (i'm assuming he meant "too much") so i canceled the order and left negative feedback. it's the first time i've EVER left negative feedback for a buyer on the website.

the worst part is that as soon as he placed the order, i ordered the newer ($23) pressing of the album...which i now will have in addition to the older pressing. god damnit.

if anyone is interested in the MoFi pressing, let me know. it's yours for $30 incl. shipping. i don't even care about making money on it at this point (when i bought it it cost me $45), i just don't want to have two pressings of the same album for no reason.
    i wouldn't have left a neg just for someone not reading your policies. You have the option to "cancel at buyers request". The request in this instance being they thought the shipping was too steep.

My policy specifically says "us only" but still occasionally get an ooc purchase which I just cancel and then message them why. Just my two cents.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_crisp View Post
    i wouldn't have left a neg just for someone not reading your policies. You have the option to "cancel at buyers request". The request in this instance being they thought the shipping was too steep.

My policy specifically says "us only" but still occasionally get an ooc purchase which I just cancel and then message them why. Just my two cents.
    it was just frustrating to me because the whole process was silly. don't know why he couldn't have just asked before placing the order.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My recent acquisitions:

Jack White - Boarding House Reach Vault edition
    Nine Inch Nails - Things Falling Apart (because I HAD to have the NIN version of Metal on vinyl)
    Ministry - Amerikkkant
    Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

dead can dance - into the labyrinth
    2016 remaster, 2xLP

seriously, please let me know if you want my NM condition Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab pressing of this. $30 incl. shipping because i don't need two different versions (i paid $50 for it when i got it so you're getting a really good deal).

edit: sold it on discogs yesterday, miraculously!
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 03-25-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

rosetta - utopioid
    2xLP on translucent blue vinyl, limited to 123 copies
    really love this album, which is good, because i listened to it once back when it was first released digitally last year and didn't remember loving it. but they're one of my favorite bands, and the fact that their previous album (quintessential ephemera) is my least favorite of their albums, i'm glad i am enjoying this as much as i am. think it's their first album my wife has liked, too!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

rosetta - the galilean satellites
    new 5xLP box set version on colored vinyl
    sounds fantastic, nice to have the two bonus tracks on vinyl

chrch - unanswered hymns
    2016 pressing gold/black swirl vinyl
    bought this direct from the label (for like $18) and they sent me a free record with it...someone's trying to sell a copy on discogs for $85

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    My recent acquisitions:

Jack White - Boarding House Reach Vault edition
    Nine Inch Nails - Things Falling Apart (because I HAD to have the NIN version of Metal on vinyl)
    Ministry - Amerikkkant
    Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor
    Gah, I remember the time I found Things Falling Apart at a local shop and I'm pretty sure I spent money I'd set aside for food that week to get it. So worth it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

rozamov - this mortal road
    clear vinyl
    the record company i ordered that CHRCH album from sent this along with my order for free, which is great, because it's pretty good!

wear your wounds - live at the BBC
    12" 45rpm EP on clear vinyl (deathwish exclusive) limited to 300 copies

leonard cohen - songs of love and hate
    2016 "we are vinyl" pressing on 180g black vinyl
    my freshman year of high school, my friend andrew (who is 8 years older than me and i've known my whole life) made me a mixtape as a chirstmas gift (along with a copy of the perks of being a wallflower). it got me into so much music it was insane. but no song on it got under my skin like “famous blue raincoat” which still makes me cry instantaneously. this whole album is like the soundtrack to my teenage depression, but listening to it now feels cathartic more than anything. thanks, andrew, for helping me find music to push through the pain <3 (as i sit here, crying)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    pulled a few things out of the vault yesterday while i was packing up my records for our move

deftones - white pony
    2010 repress 2xLP

aphex twin - drukqs
    4xLP on 180g box set
    the only time i’ve ever been truly mad at layla, my mom’s dog, was not long after we got her and she took a chunk off the corner of this, which was, at the time, the pride of my collection.