Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Iron Maiden and Judas Priest

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Dance of Death has some jams on it. Sure newer Maiden isn't as good as 80's Maiden, but there's easily stuff to chew on with every record since when Bruce came back.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Piece of Mind, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son and No Prayer For The Dying are their lowest points to me.

My favorite albums are Iron Maiden, Powerslave, The X Factor and Dance Of Death (I know the hate for the last two is strong).
    I love "The X Factor", it was the first Maiden album i ever bought, i like the "Blaze Bayley era" a lot.

But "Seventh Son.." and "No prayer" are good albums too, "Seventh son" is a masterpiece, probably their best concept album and "No Prayer" has "Hooks in You", "Holy Smoke" and "Bring your Daughter", its a funny album all the way.

"Dance of Death" is one of my least favorites, but even that one has "Rainmaker" and "No More Lies"...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 02-23-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Dance of Death has some jams on it. Sure newer Maiden isn't as good as 80's Maiden, but there's easily stuff to chew on with every record since when Bruce came back.
    Paschendale is totally amazing. I LOVE that song. The title track is wonderful too.

Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I love "The X Factor", it was the first Maiden album i ever bought, i like the Blaze Bayley era a lot.

But "Seventh Son.." and "No prayer" are good albums too, "Sventh son" is a masterpiece, probably their best concept album and "No Prayer" has "Hooks in You", "Holy Smoke" and "Bring your Daughter", its a funny albu all the way.

"Dace of Death" is one of my least favorites, but even that one has "Rainmaker" and "No More Lies"...
    I am a HUGE Blaze Bayley era fan. Sign of the Cross, Lord of the Flies and Virus are some of my top Maiden songs.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    I get that everyone has their own taste, and judging by your selection of Maiden albums you like, there some unlikely selections in there.

However, when someone calls 7th Son one of Maiden's low points, that just baffles me.
    Minus Infinite Dreams, The Evil That Men Do and Clairvoyant I don't care for the album.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Where is all the love for A matter of Life and Death? That and Brave New World are by far the best post Bruce reunion albums in my opinion.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Where is all the love for A matter of Life and Death? That and Brave New World are by far the best post Bruce reunion albums in my opinion.

Brave New World is fantastic. A Matter of Life and Death is ok. The only songs I love is The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg and The Legacy.

Only album I like next to nothing from is The Final Frontier. I downloaded it last night and will give it another go. When it came out in 2010 nothing stood out to me.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    This is all going to be personal preference, so here it goes...

Powerslave IMHO is the absolute pinnacle of IM's songwriting and musicianship. Still holds up great to this day, from start to finish. Peice Of Mind is my second favorite, many great songs and a lot more polished than NOTB. NOTB I'd agree is a bit over-rated as a whole, but it was the first one with Bruce and can't deny the impact of songs like Run to the Hills and NOTB.

First two albums with Paul are absolutely under-rated. They are a bit raw though and lacking some of the timeless "hits" the Bruce era has. Yes, I'm fully aware of the popularity of "Running Free". :P Great tune.

As for the Blaze Bayley era, I'm still trying to forget it ever happened. Guys voice is horrific and felt uninspired. Yeesh.

Minus Infinite Dreams, The Evil That Men Do and Clairvoyant I don't care for the album.
    ^^^ Agreed 100%. Outside of a few songs I still can't get into that album.

As for post-Dickinson reunion, I'd have to give it up for Book of Souls. Some great tracks and musicianship that reminds at times of Powerslave.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Brave New World is fantastic. A Matter of Life and Death is ok. The only songs I love is The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg and The Legacy.

Only album I like next to nothing from is The Final Frontier. I downloaded it last night and will give it another go. When it came out in 2010 nothing stood out to me.
    TFF didn't do a lot for me. Ten songs, 80 minutes. It was just kind of tedious. Book of Souls was better written, far more interesting and a step in the right direction, even though it was even longer.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I love "Brave New World", "Ghost of the Navigator" is one of the best Maiden songs ever!

"A Matter of Life and Death" is ok, but at times it can be tiring, not among my favorites.

I like "The Final Frontier", not awesome but much better than AMOLAD and The Book of Souls

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Bruce Dickinson is on Charlie Rose tonight.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I've always preferred Iron Maiden to Judas Priest. My favorite Maiden songs are Wasted Years, Run to the Hills and Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I saw Judas Priest 9 years ago when they opened for Ozzy. Rob Halford wasn't really singing. He was just growling. All those years of screaming wrecked his vocal chords. Bruce Dickinson still has most of his voice left. That break he took from Maiden did him some good.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I saw Judas Priest 9 years ago when they opened for Ozzy. Rob Halford wasn't really singing. He was just growling. All those years of screaming wrecked his vocal chords. Bruce Dickinson still has most of his voice left. That break he took from Maiden did him some good.
    I don't know. Rob sounds awesome on the Priests last album and on their most recent live album too. Would love to see them on their upcoming tour but they are playing some shithole in fucking Worcester that's already sold-out.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I don't know. Rob sounds awesome on the Priests last album and on their most recent live album too. Would love to see them on their upcoming tour but they are playing some shithole in fucking Worcester that's already sold-out.
    The Palladium? I've sspent many a New England Metal & Hardcore Fest there. Def. a dump, but it's MY dump.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Palladium? I've sspent many a New England Metal & Hardcore Fest there. Def. a dump, but it's MY dump.
    Yup. They could probably play the arena @ BU. Wish they would.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Fight's debut album "War of Words was one of my very favorite records when I was a kid.

" accused by burning angels, unconscious in a cage. I eat the holy bible. I am the PLAAUGE!"

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Fight's debut album "War of Words was one of my very favorite records when I was a kid.

" accused by burning angels, unconscious in a cage. I eat the holy bible. I am the PLAAUGE!"

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

It's a very good album. Like Priest meets Pantera. Had that kind of 90's groove metal thing going.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Fight is pretty cool.

The new Priest album is also pretty well made. Probably the best since Painkiller or Angel of Retribution.

Necromancer and Traitors Gate are the shit.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    fun interview with rob halford

Robert John Arthur Halford of Sutton Coldfield, UK is certainly as mere a mortal as any of us, but is also endowed with the very specific advantage of being known worldwide as the larger-than-life singer of world-class heavy metal legends Judas Priest. The 66-year-old is an icon among icons, a god among blasphemers—and, within the first ten minutes of our meeting, he makes a dick joke.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Well, Jasta is doing this with Dee Snider. I dont see why they cant do it.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'd love to hear it, but can Rob still make good music? I guess with Nergal overseeing it I should have more faith.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I'd love to hear it, but can Rob still make good music? I guess with Nergal overseeing it I should have more faith.
    Rob Halford's voice is still incredible. i can only imagine how cool it would be to hear with the type of music nergal writes.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    my GOD if you have the chance, pay whatever you can and see the Legacy of the Beast tour, preferably close to the stage...GA, good seat in the lower levels, etc. Went Friday at Barclays and it was SO good. The band still sounds great, and this might be the biggest stage show they've ever brought. Bruce's voice is still in top shape too. Warning....videos below will spoil the big set pieces, and I really enjoyed not knowing about some of them before the show.

better view of the Aces High set piece:

Setlist for this tour:

Aces High
    Where Eagles Dare
    2 Minutes to Midnight
    The Clansman
    The Trooper
    Revelations
    For the Greater Good of God
    The Wicker Man
    Sign of the Cross
    Flight of Icarus
    Fear of the Dark
    The Number of the Beast
    Iron Maiden

Encore:
    The Evil That Men Do
    Hallowed Be Thy Name
    Run to the Hills

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^ wish I could make one of the IM shows, just wasn’t in the cards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The build-up to what has likely to do with a new Iron Maiden album is a little reminiscent of the YZ ARG:
    https://loudwire.com/iron-maiden-bel...-viral-teaser/

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    yeah its pretty subtle and really cool.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    New Maiden song:

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New Priest album is out, Invincible Shield.

4/5 from the All Music Guide.

Last edited by GulDukat; 03-13-2024 at 10:31 AM.