Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    Is this new? When I go to sotirivol.com, it seems to land on a randomly generated code, like http://www.sotirivol.com/WOhoZ/ (but different every time). Is this just a thing sites in development do?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Is this new? When I go to sotirivol.com, it seems to land on a randomly generated code, like http://www.sotirivol.com/WOhoZ/ (but different every time). Is this just a thing sites in development do?
    It was doing that for me too and I didn't think much of it. Every time I reload I get sotirivol.com/[random letters] Sometimes it redirects two or three times with the /[random] before landing on the GoDaddy page or completely white page (ad-block enabled.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's normal for domain names parked on GoDaddy

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fuchal View Post
    It's normal for domain names parked on GoDaddy
    It should also be noted that NIN/42E could have reserved the site simply to avoid anyone else doing shit with it. I hope not, though!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has any one tried leaving their NTAE physical component pages out in the sun?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    SO... when I get home today I'm going to try a UV light with my NTAE components. I will report back....
    Also, who is gonna make us T-shirts with the van on the front? That needs to be a thing before this is all said and done....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I left mine spread out on my car's dashboard in direct sun for a few hours between breaks at work and nothing

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Has anyone tried getting Trent's bodily fluids on the PC? It might be DNA encoded

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaTorpedo View Post
    SO... when I get home today I'm going to try a UV light with my NTAE components. I will report back....
    Also, who is gonna make us T-shirts with the van on the front? That needs to be a thing before this is all said and done....
    Liked and facepalmed.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I burned my PC thinking there might be a message hidden in the smoke. There wasn't.

Unrelated: does anyone have a spare Physical Component?

(i did not burn my physical component.)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Has anyone tried getting Trent's bodily fluids on the PC? It might be DNA encoded
    FUCK! I have so much Trent Fluid but NO PC! THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS!!!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm not really knowledgeable about other NIN fan sites or NIN Reddit threads.

is this the most comprehensive gathering, analyzing, and speculating version of the apparent ARG?

after the Friday EP, does anyone know of any effort to organize the clues and theories?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post

is this the most comprehensive gathering, analyzing, and speculating version of the apparent ARG?

after the Friday EP, does anyone know of any effort to organize the clues and theories?

Well I guess someone would start some type of collection, or just add it to the nin-wiki but everyone seems to be waiting for some kind of evidence this really is an arg with some puzzles to be solved before doing anything.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post

During the first ARG, this was definitely a good place to be. There was also an irc room that was very good. But for now, that "?" remains. We haven't found anything that can be solved. Once/if it starts, the people here will be very quick to post, as they all beat me by 9 minutes with the tweet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That is a work of twisted genius

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'd throw in $ to get a run of these made.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Regarding my earlier post asking about a catalog of different versions of the NTAE physical component, I found this by trawling threads here: http://apocalyptech.com/ntae/

Don't know how comprehensive it is, but it has a lot of good pictures of variants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madpew View Post
    Well I guess someone would start some type of collection, or just add it to the nin-wiki but everyone seems to be waiting for some kind of evidence this really is an arg with some puzzles to be solved before doing anything.
    Yes, this. This is why I haven't added anything to the wiki. We're ankle-deep in vague whatifs right now. (Apart from the appearance of the Cedocore meds in TITP.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

T-Spring. right now. The VAN on the back is killing me

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Probably nothing because the topic was here before, but to wake up in a world you barely recognize, and you don't even realize... reminded me also of movie Dark City (1998), where the city and everything is reconfigured each night and people don't even notice...

Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Flash drives containing nothing but a txt file that reads "you dumbass".
    Then I would check what filesystem is used and started to think in great detail what e.g. "NTFS" stands for... ;-)
    Last edited by Substance242; 07-19-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    was sotriviol.com registered before or after the single came out? this bugs me so bad
    you'd think if this was trent's work, the website would be running by the time the video came out. trent would expect his fans to look into websites, especially after the ARG.
    could it be fanmade?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Side note... new song thursday morning 10am BST on BBC6 Morning Show... just announced

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicoler View Post
    was sotriviol.com registered before or after the single came out? this bugs me so bad
    you'd think if this was trent's work, the website would be running by the time the video came out. trent would expect his fans to look into websites, especially after the ARG.
    could it be fanmade?
    Domain Name: sotirivol.com
    Registry Domain ID: 2144217337_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy [dot] com
    Update Date: 2017-07-17T19:09:59Z
    Creation Date: 2017-07-17T19:09:58Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-07-17T19:09:58Z

full report: https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=sotirivol.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Side note... new song thursday morning 10am BST on BBC6 Morning Show... just announced

It could just be TITP , I don't think they've played that yet.

Less Than got played an hour or so after the release

You can check their "last played" NIN tracks here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/...1-22f8b48613da
    Last edited by d-signet; 07-19-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The website www.sotirivol.com public IP address is: 184.168.221.38, that IP address on www.ipfinder.com shows a geolocation of: 33.601973, -111.887920 (33°36'7"N 111°53'17"W), that location inputted into Google Maps shows a house in Scottsdale, Arizona, the house is Scottsdale, Arizona has some sort of red thing stuck on the gate going to the back yard that looks similar to the red booklet from the teasers/videos.

Can someone retrace these steps to make sure this is correct? It seems odd that the IP address seems to point to that house.

I haven't looked too deep into this, so I dunno if it's a dead end or what...

GoDaddys Corporate HQ is in Scottsdale, Arizona, so this might just be nothing... I would think the GeoLocation would bring up GoDaddys datacenter, maybe Google Maps isn't searching it properly?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i find the mention of bolybius interesting story behind it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polybius
    -Louie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    Yep, it has nothing to do with NIN. I already debunked it in the ntae thread a while back
    arsenic, even though it was created on 12/16/16 one week before NTAE came out? If nothing else, they must have claimed it to keep their title intact?
    https://www.whois.net/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Geo-ip tracing is almost 100% bullshit for anything more specific than Country. Even then its often wrong.

Your guess about it being a random location in the town of the hosting company HQ is almost guaranteed to be correct.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Probably nothing because the topic was here before, but to wake up in a world you barely recognize, and you don't even realize... reminded me also of movie Dark City (1998), where the city and everything is reconfigured each night and people don't even notice...

Then I would check what filesystem is used and started to think in great detail what e.g. "NTFS" stands for... ;-)
    Love that movie!