Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018.06.22 - London, UK @ Royal Festival Hall, Meltdown Festival

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2018.06.22 - London, UK @ Royal Festival Hall, Meltdown Festival

Just seen this-shared by The Cure on Twitter...very excited.

https://twitter.com/thecure/status/961265886588960769?s=21

Edit-here is the link to first acts announced

https://twitter.com/the_anchoress/st...169929216?s=21
    Last edited by sore_and_crucified; 03-06-2018 at 03:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There we go, London, 22nd June

Glad I booked Paris instead

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satanspropaganda View Post
    There we go, London, 22nd June

Glad I booked Paris instead
    ...wait, we were right?!

Holy shit, tickets start at £45 ...i may have to sit this one out
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 03-06-2018 at 03:53 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Shit. Wasn't really expecting this to happen. Yeah, £45 is about as much as I want to pay, so hopefully that doesn't mean crap seats. Still, this could be something quite unusual in a really nice venue. Worth an extra couple of quid I suppose, and it's still cheaper than many other big name shows these days.
    I thought it would be that Mono were supporting, but looks like they're doing the same night at the smaller venue. Shame as I'd like to see them.
    But anyway. Shit.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I wish I’d got membership now, however I can’t really imagine this is the only show in the UK. It’s just too small a venue. I think other things will be announced once all the festivals are announced. I think it was @icklekitty who said there is so much unused time midweeks in between these festival dates that it wouldn’t make sense not to book any shows there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah @WorzelG I do think there will be another date added, maybe for in July. They have lots of space and that'd be a bit silly not to use the time while over here!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I really bloody hope it's a set that doesn't make people want to stand up. If I don't get a seat in the front row and everyone stands up I won't be able to see anything!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm going to try and get a ticket, but £45 (and the booking fee) is all i can afford right now (5 week month and 3 weeks from payday)

Looking online is says the RAH is just over 5k (a few hundred more then Brixton) and seating, so i imagine this'll be a different kind of show?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    £45 is actually cheaper than what the other solo shows on this tour have been selling for, which I'm surprised about as London is always more expensive.

Agree with @WorzelG - it would be ridiculous if this were the only UK show. We are their fourth biggest market.

Good to know that this is happening in June though and I can get on with my life from mid-July onwards. *books beach holiday*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    its £45-65...

I'm travelling to so many gigs in June (which is my busiest work month)...I need to give this some thought....I'm probably going to have to forfeit one gig....and its probably going to be the Foos in Manchester...

I'm wondering though, if this is more likely to be a set like Sonisphere in 2014 - ie, very quiet and subdued....the RFH is a bit of a shocker of a venue to see NIN in, I think....

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I noticed this on the event info:

"Although Royal Festival Hall is a seated venue, you are encouraged to stand at this gig."

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    From the Meltdown fest website...

"Although Royal Festival Hall is a seated venue, you are encouraged to stand at this gig."

...well that'll go down well

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Just thinking about how the seats situation is going to pan out. A long time ago I saw Foetus there and a lot of people were standing right at the front, and on the steps up in between the seats I think. Looking at this picture there's quite a bit of room at the back too. Last time I was there I got a 'box' seat and that was pretty cool, providing you don't get too carried away and fall out. Fine for standing and (reasonably sensible) dancing.

Hopefully there will be more shows in the UK, if not in London. It does say 'one-off gig' in the blurb, but I'm not sure that means a great deal.

Regardless, I'm just worried about this selling out extremely quickly. Just hope the Southbank Centre website is made of strong stuff.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Robert Smith pulls through! haha

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    This seems like a perfect venue and opportunity to play a Still/Soundtracks kind of a show.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    This will be... incredibly hard for me to arrange to get to, and my other MUST SEE band are the Cure, who I have already got tickets to see in June of all months, in London of all places. Yeah yeah high quality problems etc heh

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Wow that is going to be scramble for tickets!

Will most likely be standing going on previous events

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I really bloody hope it's a set that doesn't make people want to stand up. If I don't get a seat in the front row and everyone stands up I won't be able to see anything!
    The seats are tiered (as in every row is higher than the one in front) and staggered (like you're positioned between the shoulders of the two people in front, not directly behind someone's head) so you should be ok!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Perfect opportunity!

PLAY YOUR THEME MUSIC FOR TETSUO: THE BULLET MAN, MOTHERFUCKERS

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    This seems like a perfect venue and opportunity to play a Still/Soundtracks kind of a show.
    *crosses fingers* please Leaving Hope

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPogo View Post
    The seats are tiered (as in every row is higher than the one in front) and staggered (like you're positioned between the shoulders of the two people in front, not directly behind someone's head) so you should be ok!
    Nope. I'm 4ft10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nope. I'm 4ft10
    My wife is 5ft 2. I understand how someone tall in front can wreck a gig. I always try my best to be considerate to others.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I always have this issue at cinemas, mainly as for some unknown reason someone who's 7 foot tall always sits right in front of me, or stands right in front of me at gigs...i expect this to be no different...if i can get a ticket.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Nope. I'm 4ft10
    If you manage to arrange a ticket for me, you can sit on my shoulder the complete show (I'm 6ft4)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    never before have i wanted to fly to another country (or even out of state) to see NIN play, but jesus fucking christ, i wish i had the money to make it to that show.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, glad I waited on booking flights. Paris in the bag, and soon to be London now! This was the plan all along anyway. Our plan was to hit up London from the 20th-24th and then head to Paris from the 25th til the 28th. So, got my vacation planned this year. Now, to try and score tickets to this bad boy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone booked at this venue before, any insider tips? Seem to have an online queue system that may work in favour. I'm freaked out by the capacity of the venue and the fact it 'may' be their only UK show. (But even if it's not their only UK show, I'm sure it's going to be freaking awesome).

Need ticket

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just out of interest did anyone with a presale code fail to get a ticket from the other European shows, due to the allocation running out? Hoping there'll be nin.com ones for London being issued shortly.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Robert Smith pulls through! haha
    Robert Smith really brought his game to the table with this one. Quite impressive choices overall, not just NIN.

But he is the "goth king" after all. I had a feeling his lineup was going to be of interest to people here.
    I'm sad i'll be missing placebo. Wish they were playing closer to NIN, but I can't fly out that early for their show, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Is this a festival or a full headline gig? I have absolutely no interest in any other band on the roster or in festivals in general.