Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Extended Universe Thread

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Oh well, it's getting worse by the days....

https://batman-news.com/2017/11/13/b...lating-batman/

So we can pretty much safely say that Affleck won't stick around for a whole new trilogy, but one more after Justice League. Eventhough the early reviews are quite good I feel that this incarnation of Batman is really wasted in JL. Even the tiny bits in Suicide Suqad got me hyped what a classic Batman chasing villains in Gotham could look like in 2018.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Someone who's a critic and big comic fan has seen the Justice League but can't say anything until the embargo is lifted just tweeted this...

"If [2016 MOVIE] was a goblet of scalding hot piss, the main difference for [2017 SEQUAL] is that the piss is now room-temperature.

Still gross, unpleasant and you shouldn't swallow it; but at least it won't actively hurt you going down"

...now this might not be a reaction to the Justice League movie he just saw, but yeah, it's not looking good lol.

I'm still seeing it, if just to see how much they've fudged it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Well, fan reaction is positive, and critics are mixed postive to negative. which means i am going to enjoy it lol

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Oh well, it's getting worse by the days....

https://batman-news.com/2017/11/13/b...lating-batman/

So we can pretty much safely say that Affleck won't stick around for a whole new trilogy, but one more after Justice League. Eventhough the early reviews are quite good I feel that this incarnation of Batman is really wasted in JL. Even the tiny bits in Suicide Suqad got me hyped what a classic Batman chasing villains in Gotham could look like in 2018.
    I just don't get what Ben Affleck was thinking signing on in the first place. I honestly don't feel sorry for him. More annoyed. It's like what were you expecting taking the lead role of a major and beloved superhero that is a part of an expanding universe? Ben Affleck is no Robert Downey Jr. it seems. Honestly, just do the other Justice League movie and GTFO. Don't waste anymore time on him. He doesn't care about the role. Get someone who does. As much as it stinks recasting, his little whiny bitch attitude isn't helping.

Where's Nolan and Bale when you need them?
    Last edited by neorev; 11-14-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I just don't get what Ben Affleck was thinking signing on in the first place. I honestly don't feel sorry for him. More annoyed. It's like what were you expecting taking the lead role of a major and beloved superhero that is a part of an expanding universe? Ben Affleck is no Robert Downey Jr. it seems. Honestly, just do the other Justice League movie and GTFO. Don't waste anymore time on him. He doesn't care about the role. Get someone who does. As much as it stinks recasting, his little whiny bitch attitude isn't helping.

Where's Nolan and Bale when you need them?
    I wouldnt mind a recast, I seriously dont care anymore. Yea, he is visually the best and closest looking batman. But, with all the drama, its not worth it.

And Nolan and Bale checked out before the series was over, Dark Knight Rises was an example of that.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I would wish for a whole new take on Batman again. That's why Nolan's first two films worked so well and why Burton's two entries did, too. Hopefully Matt Reeves will cast a Batman that is true to the comics like Affleck is, but put him in a universe on his own. A standalone trilogy or even just one awesome movie and I'd be happy. Would have loved to see what Affleck would have come up with on his own, but yeah... that's over. And I agree, his attitude in interviews recently is very annoying, but I still want him around as a brute force in combat, a gadget-heavy and smart detective and a cynical Bruce Wayne. Hopefully somebody else will play this just as nice. It's sad to see such potential being wasted on this lackluster DC franchise...

Marvel worked out apparently, but that doesn't mean it's the only way to do superhero movies. They are spewing out alot of garbage and tacky stuff as well, but seem to have hit a nerve. Bit IMHO the MCU would be nothing without Downey Jr/Iron Man which paved the way for the franchise with a truly solid and fun superhero movie that nobody was expecting back then.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/mikeryan/status/930828095078174720

I guess technically a spoiler (of a sort) so don't click if you don't want to know.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This is far from set in stone, but the RT score for JL may have leaked.

About what I expected. Better than BvS, but not great.

We'll see soon enough, I suppose.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That’s odd since the reviews aren’t done coming in. I think it will be 60 or in the 50’s. But I don’t care for rotten tomatoes. Some reputable critics gave it positive reviews so whatever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The fact that so much hubbub went on around the score ("omg the RT score, we have to delay it, THE SCORE IS REVEALED TOMORROW, GET HYPE, are you guys excited?? Guys?? Anyone...?") puts a really nasty taste in my mouth.

Like is that part of the push to drum up hype for this movie? Is it so weak on its own that you have to deify the RT score? And such a relatively LOW one at that?

Edit: To clarify, the screenshot I saw had this pegged at 48%. Idk if it was photoshopped or what, but damn.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-16-2017 at 06:22 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My family is Bavarian. I'm glad I didn't see Wonder Woman because I know I would've hated it. I've read the plot synopsis at wikipedia. WW is just part of Hollywood's anti-German agenda. It was made by Jewish filmmakers, and I think their casting of an actress who served in the Israeli army was a political statement in itself. That movie is propaganda, nothing more. Dozens of people have written online articles about this. I'm not alone in my thinking. It's a bloody conspiracy.
    Last edited by Boots; 11-16-2017 at 12:58 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Hahahahahahhahahahahahhahah ok dude

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Know what? The big reply I typed to that isn't worth it.

Go outside and breathe some fresh air.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    My family is Bavarian. I'm glad I didn't see Wonder Woman because I know I would've hated it. I've read the plot synopsis at wikipedia. WW is just part of Hollywood's anti-German agenda. It was made by Jewish filmmakers, and I think their casting of an actress who served in the Israeli army was a political statement in itself. That movie is propaganda, nothing more. Dozens of people have written online articles about this. I'm not alone in my thinking. It's a bloody conspiracy.
    you are so off-base it's ridiculous.

wonder woman isn't an anti-german film...it's an anti-nazi / anti-hate / anti-war movie.

you have said some ridiculous things on this board in your short time here, but this definitely takes the cake.

also, pointing out that it was "made by jewish filmmakers" in your argument makes you sound anti-semetic, which is really upsetting and disturbing to me, as someone who comes from a jewish family.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    My family is Bavarian.
    My family is Irish.

I'm glad I didn't see Wonder Woman because I know I would've hated it. I've read the plot synopsis at wikipedia. WW is just part of Hollywood's anti-German agenda. It was made by Jewish filmmakers, and I think their casting of an actress who served in the Israeli army was a political statement in itself. That movie is propaganda, nothing more. Dozens of people have written online articles about this. I'm not alone in my thinking. It's a bloody conspiracy.
    I'm sad you didn't see something you pre-judged based on a plot synopsis and the heredity of the lead actress. I haven't seen it either, but I'm in a thread about the DC universe, and I'm not here to hear myself talk about why I don't care about the DC universe. Imagine if I pre-judged you because you go around saying your family is Bavarian. That'd be pretty stupid, right? As has already been noted, there's a bad smell to what you just said. Ironically, it seems like the kind of thing someone who's been taken in by propaganda would say. If you always had something to say about the employment history of other actors, that'd be different, but you're making some really narrowly scoped observations here - please leave that kind of thinking in the 20th century, Boots.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I'm so tired of reading the words "a mess" in so many superhero movie reviews these days, and JL sadly looks like it's the messiest of them all. I'll pass. Say what you want about the MCU movies being generic, simplistic and rote, at least they are organized and have the flow of an actual movie (well, except for Age of Ultron).

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Its a mixed of positive and negative. There are those that enjoyed it, and there are those that didn't. I guess it comes down to what you get from it. I will be seeing it tonight. I am the DC guy and my friends who have seen it already told me it plays out like an episode of Justice League animated series. And I kinda like that in a weird way.

I am glad this is the last of the Snyder movies though, I have enjoyed what he has produced, but its clear the rest of the world doesn't. I agree that we have to move on, so I feel that DC movies can only go up from here.

Rumor going around that Matt Reeves already has someone in mind to play Batman if Affleck doesn't commit. And I don't think he wont.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Your post is kind of anti-German.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Rumor going around that Matt Reeves already has someone in mind to play Batman if Affleck doesn't commit. And I don't think he wont.
    Judging from his press junkits and reaction to the film, i think it's a dead cert he is out. I expect DC to soft reboot the universe in Flashpoint, with afleck getting replaced by a younger Batman in the timeshift.

I'm seeing it Saturday, so i'll hold my reaction til then. It can't be as bad as transformers at least.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I have been tempted to enage Boots on a few peculiar posts I've seen in recent weeks, but decided against it. Glad I did. Ignore the troll, and hopefully soon a ban will come. I have zero tolerance for racist, anti-semite loons like that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, dwindling RT score and all, I'll probably be seeing this tonight. I liked Man of Steel and BvS, so I don't doubt I'll like this one. Not expecting a masterpiece, so I think I'll be fine.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Once again, fellow movie fans: do yourselves a favor and go see Justice League to make your own mind about it. You may love it, like it, meh it, dislike it, hate it or despise it with all of your being but at least you will have your own opinion to share about it.

That's how I roll anyway.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I have been tempted to enage Boots on a few peculiar posts I've seen in recent weeks, but decided against it. Glad I did. Ignore the troll, and hopefully soon a ban will come. I have zero tolerance for racist, anti-semite loons like that.
    Now you've done it, you're on the enemies list.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The rumored person Reeves wants as his new Batman if Affleck dips?

Jake Gyllenhaal

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Please, just beef up Kevin Conroy and make a proper Dark Knight Returns live action film. It's been long overdue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    The rumored person Reeves wants as his new Batman if Affleck dips?

Jake Gyllenhaal
    So, the brother of the actress who played Rachel in The Dark Knight might become Bruce Wayne. Seems like a good way to attract incest jokes, along with jokes about Batman and Joker having been gay cowboys in the past.

Aside from the fact that his sister played Bruce's love interest in another continuity, I probably wouldn't mind Jake taking over as Batman. But I would still prefer to see an older, more experienced Batman. I want to see a Batman who has had several run-ins with his major rogues gallery, had his falling out with Dick Grayson (leading to Dick becoming Nightwing), and had confronted Joker after Joker paralyzed Barbara Gordon (leading to her becoming Oracle) and killed Jason Todd (leading to Jason eventually getting resurrected and becoming Red Hood). I would like there to be some crystal clear dialogue about how the things Joker did to Jason and Barbara may have led to Batman becoming more bitter, sometimes making him forget his own moral code, to the point where it would solidify Batman's behavior in BvS as his low point that ended with his fight with Superman being his wake up call. Batman's character development with the Justice League would then lead to him rebuild the Bat Family by taking in Tim Drake as Robin, and opening the door for Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown, and Damian Wayne to come in later on (and that's if you stick with just the Robins and the Batgirls to keep things simple).

Essentially, I want there to be an older Batman so we can get some other prominent Bat-characters (not just villains) some much-needed exposure in official live-action productions.
    Last edited by Patrick_Nicholas; 11-16-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Guys, this movie was awesome

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow... 36% on Rotten Tomatoes! Yeesh!
    A part of me was expecting this. The trailers certainly didn't excite me one bit.

"A C-grade B-movie wherein all involved fully satisfy their contractual obligations."

"Elsewhere, the super-smackdowns remain as numbingly tension-free as ever, relying on digital animation barely more convincing than that seen in the popularInjusticevideo game franchise featuring the DC characters."

Ouch!
    Last edited by neorev; 11-16-2017 at 10:27 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Dozens of people have written online articles about this. I'm not alone in my thinking. It's a bloody conspiracy.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Once again, fellow movie fans: do yourselves a favor and go see Justice League to make your own mind about it. You may love it, like it, meh it, dislike it, hate it or despise it with all of your being but at least you will have your own opinion to share about it.

That's how I roll anyway.
    the problem is, it costs more & more to do that in an actual theatre these days. Gotta be selective with my money. If I'm gonna drop $20-ish to see a movie (NYC area), then I'm gonna do it for a movie I'm confident I'll actually like. Or I'll take my money elsewhere and support a smaller, independent/art house film.