Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Lana Del Rey

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    I want some new Lana music. so I delved into the Lizzie Grant stuff... and anybody who says this chick is a fake, needs to only look back before she was anybody. Shes got some talent. The demo's prove that for sure.
    Agreed.

It took me a while to get into her, mainly because everyone was saying how manufactured she was then one of her songs struck me, her voice got me. I went and looked at her old stuff and i'm like wtf? It's her, this is who she is. Wtf are people getting crazy about?

Got the new album Ultraviolence. Immediately fell in love with West Coast, Shades of Cool, Fucked my way to the top, Florida Kilos. Love this fucking chic. There's no other mainstream pop singer doing this right now. I want more of this album, i hope she gets darker.

Goddamnit i don't care even if i'm being sold, she's alluring as fuck.
    Last edited by Rabbit; 08-07-2014 at 03:07 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I love the vintage hollywood kind of style she has going on, really dig Video Games, Blue Jeans, Shades Of Cool...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I have her new album. I like it, don't love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually like the new one a lot. More than Born to die.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I listened to Ultraviolence in its entirety. Still pretty damn good.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Amazon had Ultraviolence for 69 cents, so I decided to give it a shot. Halfway through so far. Nothing memorable so far, but it'll make good background music.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Amazon had Ultraviolence for 69 cents, so I decided to give it a shot. Halfway through so far. Nothing memorable so far, but it'll make good background music.
    it's been kind of a sleeper for me. I listened to it when it came out and had the same reaction to it, but gave it another shot a few weeks later and found that I really enjoy the fact that it has a voice and style. some of the songs are a bit skippable but on the whole I enjoy it. dont think it will age great but I could be wrong

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

New

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like both of the new songs a lot and I am looking forward to the new album. Pretty sure HEALTH - DEATH MAGIC will be album of the year/decade/life for me though.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Man, every album she puts out I try to get into it, and I just can't. I feel like she's the counter part to The Weeknd, who I'm obsessed with, so it bums me out that I just cannot get into her.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm with you, while I really like a few tracks, for the most part I really can't get super deep in to her. Only difference is The Weeknd who I was reeeeaaally in to, even seeing him live a few times a few years back...but for some reason one day I just lost all interest and now find to be in the same boat. The new Lana tracks are kinda ho hum.

In other news though, she apparently just announced that the new album drops Sept. 18th...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

This song got me into her the other month (from a live clip though), the chorus vocals especially just hooked me. I then started proper with Ultraviolence, which ended up a total moody success for me. Lots of gold.

It made it hard to get the right footing with Born To Die, the two albums have very different feels overall.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-14-2015 at 08:50 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ultraviolence is a great track. I'm also a big fan of Brooklyn Baby.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

new song. kinda a snoozer, imo. best moments include completely cribbing 'space oddity' and 'you only live twice.'

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Music To Watch Boys To.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    phew, spent the sunday listening to the new record with the lady... I would consider myself a fan but this one really is a snoozer. Only stand-out track for me truly is "Terence loves you".

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I've listened to the new album enough to know I want to buy it.

In other news, this song is epic:

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    working at a karaoke night thing tonight, and apparently she's supposed to be surprise showing up. Random.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    ^ask her to do bohemian rhapsody

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    ^ask her to do bohemian rhapsody
    Will do... If she does it I'll post a clip

edit: Unfortunately she didn't sing anything, which would have been interesting. That was one of the single most bizarre nights of my life though, I have to say...
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-26-2016 at 01:24 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm loving every new song so far... Super jacked for Lust For Life.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    As long as it's better than Honeymoon I'm game!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I don't have an opinion formed on the new album as a whole, but "In My Feelings" is perfect. One of her best "fuck you" songs. Boiling over low key.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I loved Ultraviolence and her earlier work. However, the last album didn't interest me. I'm hoping Lust for Life is a return to form. Got to see her live, on the "Endless Summer" tour and it was excellent!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I skimmed the album on spotify last night but bought the physical copy today at Best Buy to go for a spin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've heard a few Lana Del Rey songs I've liked, but never have I felt smitten enough to track down a complete album.

However, I do associate her with this silly parody, and that makes me smile :

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    After listening to the album on Spotify, I bought the new album today as well. I'm enjoying it so far.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whimsicality View Post
    I've heard a few Lana Del Rey songs I've liked, but never have I felt smitten enough to track down a complete album.
    Not knowing your tastes at all...

Song is fucking smooth and dark as fuck, fucking 'ell... (ah sue me--I posted it on this page/thread already)

I'd just check all of her songs (including her debut self-titled album).

I love so many of her songs, but there is a good enough share I'm just not that into, most of which are found on Born To Die. If I were to buy it it I'd get Born To Die - The Paradise Edition (which is where "Gods & Monsters" from above is from). So many cuts on there that should have been replaced certain songs on the standard edition. *shakes head*
    Last edited by Amaro; 07-23-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I like many of Lana’s songs and others I find unmemorable. Has anyone seen her live? I’m curious enough to get a ticket for a show next year but I am undecided because of what I’ve read about lack of stage presence and performance and brevity of said performance. Plus I’ve read her shows become too much of an audience sing along, which I don’t like. Plus it’s in an arena and I don’t know how those intimate melancholy songs will translate in such a sizeable venue. All this debate because I don’t know if it’s worth taking a vacation day or two to travel to see her, which I would have to do.
    Last edited by thenorthwood; 11-17-2017 at 01:00 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thenorthwood View Post
    I like many of Lana’s songs and others I find unmemorable. Has anyone seen her live? I’m curious enough to get a ticket for a show next year but I am undecided because of what I’ve read about lack of stage presence and performance and brevity of said performance. Plus I’ve read her shows become too much of an audience sing along, which I don’t like. Plus it’s in an arena and I don’t know how those intimate melancholy songs will translate in such a sizeable venue. All this debate because I don’t know if it’s worth taking a vacation day or two to travel to see her, which I would have to do.
    I saw her a couple of years ago with Grimes, I thought Lana was fantastic. I wasn't a big fan of hers before I saw her live either.