Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 1973

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Not Anymore is my favorite raw, angry NIN rock song in a long while. When he uses those unbalanced rhythms and then kicks into something more stable the right way, it's magic.
    And the way he jumps into chorus "I always thought that there'd be MOOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" is so bad-ass.

That chorus is insane and the best thing about it that I can't really compare it to any other angry NIN song in existence, which is why it leaves an impact for me personally, NIN has expressed agression may ways before, but the way this sounds, I don't know what to compare this to which is why it makes such an impact to me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Add Violence

Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    And the way he jumps into chorus "I always thought that there'd be MOOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" is so bad-ass.

That chorus is insane and the best thing about it that I can't really compare it to any other angry NIN song in existence, which is why it leaves an impact for me personally, NIN has expressed agression may ways before, but the way this sounds, I don't know what to compare this to which is why it makes such an impact to me.
    Yeah, I'm not analytical enough to figure out exactly why some of these songs hit the way they do for me, when by the time of WT/Slip I found some of the aggression a little too formulaic (though even "No, You Don't" bugs me), like variations on Broken with Dave Grohl, or other easily identifiable inspirations (like an "immediate" garage sound + NIN on some Slip songs), even though there were other aspects to appreciate about the songs. But I am happy to have this new material. It was the last thing I expected after HM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Thought Less Than was a standard NIN 2.0 track (ie: CBH) until I saw it live in NYC and it blew me away...Now its my fav song on the EP....

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I can't get enough of "Not Anymore" it's so raw and angry and Trent's vocal delivery is perfect on it. Not sure which track is angrier "The Idea Of You" or "Not Anymore"

Either way, these EPs are some of the most intense and emotionally filled material from NIN since Year Zero, and I'd argue this is even more intense and engaging that album, and I fucking love Year Zero.

This just shows how much power Trent's music gains once he attaches a concept/story to it.
    Agreed! The Idea of You and Not Anymore are two of my favorite tracks from NTAE and AV (Burning Bright, Branches/Bones, This Isn't the Place, and The Background World are all amazing too, though). As Trent said in that recent radio interview, their film score career has "afforded [them] the ability to care less about the commercial aspect of what [they're] doing in Nine Inch Nails," much to our benefit. It really seems to me that the film scoring aspect of their career has reinvigorated their passion for NIN and some of the bite and menace that was more prevalent in the band's earlier material has reemerged in these EPs. I think working on a smaller batch of songs at a time may also be a contributing factor here, as well. I can't wait to see what the third EP has in store. It feels great to still be this excited for new material (and have it live up to the hype) from my favorite band 20 years after first discovering them. I can't say the same about many other bands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Will we get the full Background World or will it be edited so we get another side of TDS reversed, or maybe an etching: "Hey ETS: there's no ARG this time. Let it go."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Since the entire EP is around 28 mins, I was hoping there would be some reversed tracks from the second half of Year Zero (Zero-Sum to God Given) but maybe TDS Reversed B-Side could be a one off thing, yet even extending the loop of TBW to fit the entire B-side wouldn't make a lot of sense (someone said the original loops about 52 times, Trent's current age).
    I'm hoping all the preorders from different sites will be the same version that the NIN Store will be selling soon, because it's not out of the realm to think that the NIN Store might be selling the exclusive version that comes with extra B-Side tracks (hopefully I'm wrong on that account)

Edit: Forgot that the B-Side of NTAE doesn't use the full 22 mins that its A-Side originally is. Maybe the Add Violence reversed side could be from Zero-Sum to The Great Destroyer?
    Last edited by _T_B_W_; 10-09-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    Since the entire EP is around 28 mins, I was hoping there would be some reversed tracks from the second half of Year Zero (Zero-Sum to God Given) but maybe TDS Reversed B-Side could be a one off thing, yet even extending the loop of TBW to fit the entire B-side wouldn't make a lot of sense (someone said the original loops about 52 times, Trent's current age).
    I'm hoping all the preorders from different sites will be the same version that the NIN Store will be selling soon, because it's not out of the realm to think that the NIN Store might be selling the exclusive version that comes with extra B-Side tracks (hopefully I'm wrong on that account)

Edit: Forgot that the B-Side of NTAE doesn't use the full 22 mins that its A-Side originally is. Maybe the Add Violence reversed side could be from Zero-Sum to The Great Destroyer?
    NTAE side B is those songs because it's the master plate of TDS 2017 side D mirrored. There's nothing further really there – they chose the side of TDS that has Reptile and ran it backwards. That's it. Maybe it has some greater narrative significance but apparently we don't get to know that yet. If they're gonna use reversed YZ music, it will likely be the same scenario, so just look up the side divisions of the original pressing; I think the last side starts at The Greater Good.

28 minutes is way too long for a side of vinyl, which tops at 18 minutes (at 33 1/3 RPM) without requiring mastering decisions, and about 23 minutes with those considerations made. They're better off putting TBW on side B by itself. Perhaps the width of the disc by the time the song gets down to the final loops will be a prime amount of time to cut a locked groove that (more or less musically) repeats forever.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Add Violence

Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post

I can't fully figure out what the TDS callbacks are referring to. I generally assumed it was a protagonist, but it doesn't seem like a total fabrication, looking back. A lot of TR's interviews in retrospect for the 90s era seem to suggest he got "lost in the role," and that it appears to have been somewhat traumatic. (I have no idea that any of this is actually "real" but I'm just going to pretend that it is.) Bleedthrough and the revival of its themes seem to be about the confusion of different layers of reality, and not being able to tell the difference between them. The Slip doesn't seem to have anything to do with it except maybe "Demon Seed." Hesitation Marks seems to again be further ruminations on this idea along with plenty of empathetic tracks for people who are still lost or never got a chance to find themselves. He's very, very focused on this. I'm not sure that it really has anything to do with YZ at all; I think it's about how even the self is an illusion, an elaborate ARG or program of its own, and that it's easy to get caught up thinking that you're this "one identity" when in fact it's largely an interaction between you, the environment, and uncontrollable forces. YZ has always been a sort of parallel to our own world, a not-so-distant logical extension of how things will play out, so I feel like certain fabrications from that era could be reappropriated to be symbolic of other realities. At least until we hear the next EP and it's all political songs and I am proven to be a total idiot.

It could just be a very self-obsessed rumination on his own identity (at least in NIN) and his own problems, but I feel like that's a stretch at this point. I do know that any kind of sustained self-destruction tends leave its scars well after the fact, if one survives it, so I don't totally know what to make of it all.

As far as TBW on vinyl, I would have assumed it would just be as it is on the digital files, but the TDS plate was a surprise, and they did have an edited version prepared for the radio (on Apple? can't remember), so who knows.
    Last edited by Pbgut; 10-09-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The Slip doesn't seem to have anything to do with it except maybe "Demon Seed."

"After all this time, and I still haven't found my place"

"And this is not my face and this is not my life and there's not a single thing here I can recongize and this is all a dream and none of you are real, I'd give anything, I'd give anything"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    NTAE side B is those songs because it's the master plate of TDS 2017 side D mirrored. There's nothing further really there – they chose the side of TDS that has Reptile and ran it backwards. That's it. Maybe it has some greater narrative significance but apparently we don't get to know that yet. If they're gonna use reversed YZ music, it will likely be the same scenario, so just look up the side divisions of the original pressing; I think the last side starts at The Greater Good.

28 minutes is way too long for a side of vinyl, which tops at 18 minutes (at 33 1/3 RPM) without requiring mastering decisions, and about 23 minutes with those considerations made. They're better off putting TBW on side B by itself. Perhaps the width of the disc by the time the song gets down to the final loops will be a prime amount of time to cut a locked groove that (more or less musically) repeats forever.
    Ah, you know what I didn't take in account the max time for one side, so putting TBW entirely on the other would probably make a lot more sense.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    "After all this time, and I still haven't found my place"

"And this is not my face and this is not my life and there's not a single thing here I can recongize and this is all a dream and none of you are real, I'd give anything, I'd give anything"
    My memory's been pretty bad lately; I totally forgot the second one. The line from 1,000,000 isn't as directly about the confusion between selves to me? It reads as more confessional but that's just my take.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    So I decided to watch the video for "This Isn't The Place" again since I hadn't seen it since it premiered, and this is the first time I noticed a copy of the instruction manual (i.e. the physical component for the album) sitting beside the Cedocore box. Not sure how I missed that before.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love the full version of The Background World. However, I can't listen to the static all the time. I've edited it to what I believe is the perfect radio friendly version. If anyone wants it, send me a P.M.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    I love the full version of The Background World. However, I can't listen to the static all the time. I've edited it to what I believe is the perfect radio friendly version. If anyone wants it, send me a P.M.
    I get it.
    How many iterations did you cut down to, from the 52...?
    I'm interested in hearing this (7 minutes is really way too long).

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    TBW isn't long enough. I'm always left wanting more when it ends.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    so, anyone have any guesses as to when the vinyl will be up for pre-order on nin.com? at this point, it can be pre-ordered from many major retailers, which is the opposite of what trent had guaranteed. despite all the issues with firebrand and then sandbag, i'd always rather order direct from the artist.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Amazon says my CD of 'AV' is "shipping today"...I pre-ordered the fucker on September 1....my guess is they will be back ordered soon enough....looks like amazon is shipping the pre orders 1st, most likely in chronological order from the original order dates

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Amazon says my CD of 'AV' is "shipping today"...I pre-ordered the fucker on September 1....my guess is they will be back ordered soon enough....looks like amazon is shipping the pre orders 1st, most likely in chronological order from the original order dates
    i pre-ordered on july 18th and have gotten no notice of shipment preparation, so idunno.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i pre-ordered on july 18th and have gotten no notice of shipment preparation, so idunno.
    they didnt email me. I just checked my order status on their home page and it said "shipping today". Check your order status and see what it says

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    they didnt email me. I just checked my order status on their home page and it said "shipping today". Check your order status and see what it says
    sorry, i should have clarified - i did check my order status and it still just says "pre-ordered"

maybe it has to do with your proximity to an amazon warehouse? like, in order to get it to you by friday, it shipped today. i'm pretty sure there's an amazon warehouse not far from chicago which is probably why when i order stuff it comes really fast.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    They just sent me the email saying its been shipped....I am patiently waiting til Friday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just ordered the CD from a dutch webshop, should be delivered tomorrow. We'll see

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm going to pick up the new Beck album, Colors, tomorrow (which I've already heard, admittedly...and it's really good). Let's just say I wouldn't be too upset if I saw Add Violence next to it on the shelf of new releases.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I placed a Amazon pre-order on 16AUG2017 for the AV EP CD and now my Amazon is saying it will be delivered 13OCT2017 by 8PM!!! NTAE EP CD is still showing as not yet shipping... no ETA.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    I placed a Amazon pre-order on 16AUG2017 for the AV EP CD and now my Amazon is saying it will be delivered 13OCT2017 by 8PM!!! NTAE EP CD is still showing as not yet shipping... no ETA.
    Amazing ? I placed an order a few hours ago and I got the same confirmation + mp3 autorip oh... and someone in france found it in store too

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    now just need the vinyl to go live on nin.com.... lol I know some people have had shitty experiences with that but my vinyl I've gotten seems fine.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Amazing ? I placed an order a few hours ago and I got the same confirmation + mp3 autorip oh... and someone in france found it in store too
    that's awesome!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Same for me, I just got the shipping text

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i just received an email from amazon about the order i placed for the add violence cd back in july 26th stating that they cannot fulfill my order due to a "technical error" and it has been cancelled. they did however charge my credit card for the $10.67. i checked the local wal mart and target here in galesburg illinois today and no show for the cd. i hate to do this but im going to ebay to look for this cd.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    had a copy at FYE🤙🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk